KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » List the top three nfl qb's of the Super bowl era

List the top three nfl qb's of the Super bowl era
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

List the top three nfl qb's of the Super bowl era

Please give reasons why AND PUT THEM IN ORDER OF GREATEST TO THIRD GREATEST. smile

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Montana/Bradshaw-have four
Tom Brady-has three
Troy Aikman-three also

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 06:26 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Tom brady (most td passes in a season+ 3superbowls)
Bret favre( most td passes ever + 3 reg season mvp)
Dan marino(former holder of bret favre record + played less games dan b.favre)

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 04:05 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

In Super Bowl only:

1) Bradshaw
2) Montana
3) Brady

Why? Montana was a legend, but Bradshaw was only a slightly above average QB during the regular season. But he took his game to a new dimension in the big game, and that's why I have him at #1.

In other games besides the Super Bowl:

1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Young

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 04:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Montana
Marino
Manning/Brady

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 04:38 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I meant for this thread to include regular reason as well as postseason numbers. I just didnt want to include ancient players before the Super Bowl started.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 02:48 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by botankus
In Super Bowl only:

1) Bradshaw
2) Montana
3) Brady

Why? Montana was a legend, but Bradshaw was only a slightly above average QB during the regular season. But he took his game to a new dimension in the big game, and that's why I have him at #1.

In other games besides the Super Bowl:

1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Young
Montana had better superbowl numbers than Bradshaw. He also didnt throw one interception in his four trips. Beat that Bradshaw.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 02:49 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by quanchi112
Montana had better superbowl numbers than Bradshaw. He also didnt throw one interception in his four trips. Beat that Bradshaw.

Fair enough, stats guy. But Montana never stepped it up in the Super Bowl. Before you explode on that comment, Montana played like Montana in the Super Bowl, meaning that he played at the highest level...just like he did every single time he laced them up.

Bradshaw, on the other hand, consistently had Eli Manning-like regular seasons yet took his play to a new dimension in the Super Bowl.

I agree it's a close call, but not everyone can agree. big grin

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 12:37 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Okay, this is a toughie...

For ME:

a) Montana
b) Brady
c) ..gets very interesting..Elway? Favre?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 02:53 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I meant for this thread to include regular reason as well as postseason numbers. I just didnt want to include ancient players before the Super Bowl started.

since it includes BOTH the regular season AND superbowl my order would go like this.
1.Joe Montana.The guy took it up a notch during the playoffs plus in his very first year with the kansas city chiefs,he took them to the AFC title game.something the chiefs had never accomplished in 24 years since winning the superbowl and has never done since.since he retired.I dont think Elway or Marino could have ever done that with the chiefs in their first year there.Montana made players on that team that were bad players into good ones and pretty good ones into excellent ones in his two last years in the league with the chiefs.

2.John Elway.He was horrible in his first 3 superbowls but then righted the ship in his last 2 years and won them then.He was like the only quarterback since the days of bradshaw in his day who could run backwards and throw sideways down the field for 60 yards during his day and make miraculous plays in the final two minutes of games.He was simply amazing to watch.For so many years he carried his team by himself to those first 3 superbowl losses.

3.Terry Bradshaw/Tom Brady. As someome mentioned,Bradshaw was amazing in the playoffs and superbowls and like i said,he was like the only quarterback during his heyday who could run backwards and throw sidearms down the field and make like a 60 yard completion.Tom Brady because he single handedly turned that franchise around and has won 3 superbowls with them and took them there again this year and is only 30 years old so he has plenty of football left in him.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Feb 13th, 2008 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 04:51 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BobbyD
Okay, this is a toughie...

For ME:

a) Montana
b) Brady
c) ..gets very interesting..Elway? Favre?
I agree with number one and two and put Elway in the three spot myself.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 02:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Brady
Montana
Favre

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 03:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Brady
Montana
Favre
Brady isnt better than Montana.

You have Favre way too high here imo.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 06:09 AM
Citizen V.

Montana - 'Joe Cool' never lost a Super Bowl, 'nuff said.
Brady - Sixth Round Pick to 3 time Superbowl Champion, 2 time MVP.
Bradshaw - He won, it might not have always been the greatest of performances, but he won.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 12:34 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

**** YES! Preachin' to the choir!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 01:04 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Citizen V
Montana - 'Joe Cool' never lost a Super Bowl, 'nuff said.
Brady - Sixth Round Pick to 3 time Superbowl Champion, 2 time MVP.
Bradshaw - He won, it might not have always been the greatest of performances, but he won.
Elway,Marino,and Favre are all better than Bradshaw.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 01:54 AM
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Montana
Brady
uhh... Steve Young?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:30 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote