KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 07 Giants vs 05 Steelers

07 Giants vs 05 Steelers
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

07 Giants vs 05 Steelers

Both were teams of destiny. Who wins here in a neutral stadium? Is it the road warriors or the bus's team?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 04:39 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Who ****ing cares.

Your getting two teams that will never be considered great championship teams facing off against each other.

So yeah, who ****ing cares.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:01 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

First off, that phrase "Team of Destiny" is pure crap. Both teams got hot at the right time to win their respective Superbowls. If you look back at both seasons, no one had either team picked to even make the playoffs, let alone win the Superbowl.

Like Smasandian said, who cares?

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:18 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

More elegantly than I, but yes.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 11:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, football's about getting hot at the end of the season. Want to make a SB prediction? Look at the last 3 weeks of the season and pretend that's the entire season. The past 3-4 years, you'd have at least 1 and usually both SB teams based on such criteria.

Steelers imo, btw.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 11:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

If it were the 07 Giants vs. the 04 Steelers, Plaxico Burress could have suited up for both teams!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 04:04 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Crazy.........

Would the world implode or something if that happened?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 07:19 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Crazy.........

No. There would just be twice as many dropped balls.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 08:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Hexus
Cool Joe.

the dallas cowboys would win.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 11:34 PM
Darth_Hexus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Hexus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Hexus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

wait wait you mean the steelers won in 05?

(had to do it)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 02:01 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by forumcrew

(had to do it)

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 02:23 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by DigiMark007
No. There would just be twice as many dropped balls.

Well obviously, yesh....

Both of he cant catch the ball if the world imploded....

Though you would know that....

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:00 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by forumcrew

(had to do it)

We all know the Seahawks would of won if Julius Jones was running.

No arguement there.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:01 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Who ****ing cares.

Your getting two teams that will never be considered great championship teams facing off against each other.

So yeah, who ****ing cares.
Its just a thread man.

Why would you even post here just to tell us how badly you dont care about this thread anyways.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, football's about getting hot at the end of the season. Want to make a SB prediction? Look at the last 3 weeks of the season and pretend that's the entire season. The past 3-4 years, you'd have at least 1 and usually both SB teams based on such criteria.

Steelers imo, btw.
Giants would win.

The Steelers played hot up until the superbowl and then went completely flat against the Seahawks.

Two things stand out to me first.

Ben Roethisbergers abysmal play in the superbowl and the giants smothering defense against arguably the greatest offense of all time.

The giants beat the 18-0 pats while the Steelers beat the Seahawks mainly due to poor officiating and playing lowsy with a few good key plays. Pats of that year>>Seahawks of that year.

Giants beat their faces in.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by quanchi112
Its just a thread man.

Why would you even post here just to tell us how badly you dont care about this thread anyways.

Because its annoying and your giving the football fans in this forum (all 4 of us) a bad name.

I know you like to discuss different teams against each other, even though its impossible to say, but have you ever thought of just combing all those threads into one and having a NFL VS thread, instead of making new ones for each team thats only from last year.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 07:09 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Crazy.........

Oh, wait. He'd be not practicing on the sideline and renegotiating his contract.

Giants would win.......Ben Roethisbergers abysmal play in the superbowl and the giants smothering defense against arguably the greatest offense of all time.

I actually agree with this statement. Ben '05 played terrible in the Super Bowl while Eli '07 made all the right plays. That being said (and I know it's not the topic), I would take Ben '07 over Eli '07 in a heartbeat. (not like I have a choice, do I?)

Last edited by botankus on Jun 12th, 2008 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 03:27 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Giants would win.

The Steelers played hot up until the superbowl and then went completely flat against the Seahawks.

Two things stand out to me first.

Ben Roethisbergers abysmal play in the superbowl and the giants smothering defense against arguably the greatest offense of all time.

The giants beat the 18-0 pats while the Steelers beat the Seahawks mainly due to poor officiating and playing lowsy with a few good key plays. Pats of that year>>Seahawks of that year.

Giants beat their faces in.

You're you're only counting the SB? It's 05 Steelers, not SB 05 Steelers. The fact that they tore up the playoffs (and end of the season) suggests to me that the good-but-not-great SB performance was more an aberration than the playoff wins, so my estimation of them is closer to their peak.

Same with the Giants, who I simply don't think bring as much to the table. People can point to beating the Pats all they want, but I think that Pats team was wildly overrated.

Giants can rush the passer, but the Steelers were a running team. Whereas the Steelers stopped the run effectively, and despite some good play from Eli I can't see the passing offense carrying the Giants, who were also built on the run.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:39 PM
forumcrew

We all know the Seahawks would of won if Julius Jones was running.

No arguement there.

eh didnt even need that. A TE with the ability to hold a football would have been enough.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 11:58 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'll trade you Witten for.....

ah shit, cant think of anybody....hahahaha.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 02:10 AM