KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?

What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?

If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport he once did then he might as well retire. Eventually someone hungry for fame and money will **** him up, but its a shame since he was in his prime IMO.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 07:25 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 05:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

I Like the you made this in it's own thread because the topic can be discussed in his entirety. With that said, I think he is just taking a break from the sport.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 09:48 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

i agree. But I'm afraid the break my become a liability. Not being active in-ring can be devastating.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 02:14 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
i agree. But I'm afraid the break my become a liability. Not being active in-ring can be devastating.

It can be, but floyd is young enough to where it shouldn't affect him too much. Plus, I'm sure that he will be sparring and working out durring the layoff. I think he is waiting to see who will become the king at 147 and then he will challenge them. Hopefully it's Miguel Cotto.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 06:08 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

"comeback" fights always get more money...go figure

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 06:26 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I was really looking forward to Cotto vs Mayweather. I wonder if De la Hoya will keep running from Cotto.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 08:51 PM
BUSTER1

Its a shame if a fighter of Mayweather's quality retires. As much as I was willing Ricky Hatton to do him, i had to admit i was impressed with footage of him training b4 the fight-his speed and movement were incredible. He comes across as a prize knob, but i think that is down to both showmanship and funnily enough, insecurity. Ricky said, after the fight that the 2 could be friends. While Ricky comes from a close knit family and lives near his parents and still sees all his old mates, Mayweather comes from a largely dysfunctional family. Hatton recognizes this and probably found, that underneath Maywesther's arrogant exterior he probably ain't such a bad bloke.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 07:26 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

I don't think Pretty Boy wanted to fight Cotto

Anyone can fight Chicken Man for Millions

Good luck Floyd. That Wrestlemania payoff was something

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 05:39 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

this is the second time he has retired and there will be at least a 3rd. He is too young, too good, and too attention hungry to hang it up for good.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 07:27 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Re: What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport he once did then he might as well retire. Eventually someone hungry for fame and money will **** him up, but its a shame since he was in his prime IMO.

If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport anymore he should do what every other guy does after dominating a combat sport: train for MMA. Every since he ran his mouth about MMA fighters not being all that tough and only fighting for 15 minutes, every lil guy in the game has been calling him out.

Also, Floyd isn't stupid. Everybody eventually loses, and if he loses in a comeback fight after "retiring", at least he can say it was the layoff.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 07:37 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Re: Re: What are your thoughts on Mayweather, Jr. retiring?

Originally posted by Darth Creasy
If he doesn't feel the passion for the sport anymore he should do what every other guy does after dominating a combat sport: train for MMA. Every since he ran his mouth about MMA fighters not being all that tough and only fighting for 15 minutes, every lil guy in the game has been calling him out.

Also, Floyd isn't stupid. Everybody eventually loses, and if he loses in a comeback fight after "retiring", at least he can say it was the layoff.

PBF has no business in MMA and shouldn't go anywhere one of those guys. He ran his mouth but he isn't retarded. Floyd would get dominated by B level MMA guys and he is too pridefull to go out like that.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 08:21 PM
Corndog

He said he didn't have love for it anymore, which he might not love it the same as he used to but of course he is goin to come back.. And De la Hoya is retiring after his next bout and I'm pretty sure he will come back again..

^^^Thanks Naz!!!^^^
HARD WORK beats talent when talent fails to WORK HARD.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 09:14 PM
Corndog is currently offline Click here to Send Corndog a Private Message Find more posts by Corndog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I seriously doubt he's gone for good, I also think he ducked Cotto and Paul Williams.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 09:21 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* should have waited Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao to defeat him first... it should have been a good match...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 08:12 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Pablo G
I seriously doubt he's gone for good, I also think he ducked Cotto and Paul Williams.

Not to mention Margarito. If he wants to retire, f**k it, retire but dont say u r retire so u can start talking shit a few weeks later. Calling guys like Pacquiao, Cotto, Margarito, DLH "bums" is playing disrespectful. I dont mind trash talk before a fight but this is not the case. I dont think hes retired. Hes just "retired" for now while he stirs the pot and hoping to get a big pay check when he comes out of retirement in a few months. Wouldnt be nice if all the "bums" in the division avoid PBF when he comes out of retirement and by doing so denying hima big paycheck?

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14831
http://www.boxingscene.com/index.ph...ow&id=14796
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14801

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 08:53 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by peejayd
* should have waited Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao to defeat him first... it should have been a good match...

No it wouldn't.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:30 PM
dyajeep

* it's a possibility... but now, it's not because Mayweather retired...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 04:20 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by peejayd
* it's a possibility... but now, it's not because Mayweather retired...

PBF will come back, but he would school Manny Pacquiao. It wouldn't be a close fight at all.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 04:30 PM
dyajeep

* we'll never know... it might be the other way around...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:14 AM