KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Ban Hockey Fights?!?!?!?!

Should they ban fighting in hockey?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 0 0%
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! 11 91.67%
i dont even like the sport 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ban Hockey Fights?!?!?!?!
Started by: AC/DC'S_LVR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Shocked Ban Hockey Fights?!?!?!?!

topday during the Pens and Rangers game they talked about a possible ban on Hockey fights!
those who watch hockey....what do you think?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 10:04 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

They better not!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 10:07 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

thats exactly what i said!NBC sports had a poll and 82% of people agreed not to ban fights

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 10:13 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think they should.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 12:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think they should.

Why is that?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 12:41 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

I think they should.

why? cause its brutal and the only reason that most people watch hockey?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:09 AM
guy222
With my gal

i don't think they will

its been apart of the sport for years and will be forever

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:37 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by guy222
i don't think they will

its been apart of the sport for years and will be forever

they add more rules and penalties every year making the sport more and more tame

who knows, mybe by next year, Jarkko Ruutu will get more than just a 2 game suspension for biting a guys thumb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:52 AM
guy222
With my gal

agree

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:07 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Why is that?

I dont watch Hockey but I see no point in allowing it. If you need it for the sport to survive then it sounds to me like its pointless sport anyway. If they want to fight go get in a ring.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:20 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by forumcrew
I dont watch Hockey but I see no point in allowing it. If you need it for the sport to survive then it sounds to me like its pointless sport anyway. If they want to fight go get in a ring.
really hockey fights are meant to spark a team into getting goals or big hits
they rarely happen especially during playoffs
but if a teams halfway through the 2nd period and theyre down by 2 goals, you need something like that to get you going!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:54 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Best thing most games are the fights..

they should stay

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 08:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Absolutely not. Not in a million years, it's an integral part of the sport that is often used to alter the tempo of a bad game and change momentum, people often don't understand that it's actually a part of the strategy of the sport.

I mean, logically it would be in the NHL's best interest not to ban them, it's often the thing most non fans like most about the sport, taking that away will alienate many who may use the interest in fights as a stepping stone of gathering interest for the game.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 10:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

On the other hand, how many people don't watch the sport because they think it's barbaric.

It's the only sport in the world that allows fighting, and it's only the NA part of hockey that allows.

I understand purists want it there, but I think it should go but I would probably think once it's gone, nobody will remember it. Hell, 9/10's of the fights suck anyways.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 03:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Its part of the tradition of the sport, people want it as part of the experience.

The Players should be made to keep their helmets on though, so they donīt smack their head open if they fall.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 03:29 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Its part of the tradition of the sport, people want it as part of the experience.

The Players should be made to keep their helmets on though, so they donīt smack their head open if they fall.

Well, its a fight. You can't really keep those helmets on when they are fighting.

In most cases, the helmet always falls off during a fight.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:16 PM
Mr. Toad

Originally posted by forumcrew

On the other hand, how many people don't watch the sport because they think it's barbaric.

It's the only sport in the world that allows fighting, and it's only the NA part of hockey that allows.

I understand purists want it there, but I think it should go but I would probably think once it's gone, nobody will remember it. Hell, 9/10's of the fights suck anyways.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:40 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Very few avoid the sport because of fights.

More people watch the sport for the fights than stay away because of them.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 08:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

if you think its a barbaric sport now you should have seen how bad it was in the beginning of the NHL many people had to retire early because of severe injuries that were life threatening.

and the only reason some of the fights suck is because the refs step in before the players whore fighting can really draw some blood

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 10:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Very few avoid the sport because of fights.

More people watch the sport for the fights than stay away because of them.

I wouldn't think so.

But there isn't really any evidence to show either point of views.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 11:01 PM