KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The importance of Nike in the sports industry

The importance of Nike in the sports industry
Started by: Bluesteel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

The importance of Nike in the sports industry

Im working on a little project in school and since alot of people communicate in this forum I thought I'd give it a shot, and ask if you know anything about the matter which I might not know or be able to find out myself.

We all know that Nike is one of the if not THE most used brand in the sporting industry if we are looking at equipment.

Now can you tell me if you know anything about Nike's development in the sporting equipment area ?

Or rather how important has Nike's development in sporting equipment field been to sports? What "first steps" have they done that you know of and how has their development increased the standard of sports today?

Your replies are very much appriciated.

Thank you very much.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 07:52 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Does Nike make anything besides shoes and commercials?

Or pertaining to sports equipment, do they make jockstraps?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 01:13 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

They have a tick thing as their brand

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 03:05 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Nike bought the iconic ''Swoosh'' logo from a student at New York University for 25 bucks.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 04:02 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 10:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Well I do know that they make all sorts of sporting equipment so its not limited to shoes

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 11:53 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

i think a comment must be made on the nike air jordans, one of the best selling shoes of all time, even outselling the sandal often worn by those who cimbine with white socks=]

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 03:15 PM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nike was integral to the marketing of sports, but as an equipment manufacturer, I was under the impression that they just started to make sporting equipment in the past 15 years so I would be useful to look at the older main brands.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 04:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like subtle spamming to me. Then again, I'm a naturally suspicious person.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 05:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
So?

Well, you know, thought he might be able to use it as a fun fact and that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 08:29 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ah, I thought it was more like, "Nike sucks balls because they couldn't even design their own symbol" way.

Sorry dude.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2009 09:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Nike makes small children cry. Sweatshops are bad sad

Old Post Apr 19th, 2009 06:51 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote