KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Top 10 Offensive NBA Players Of All Time

Top 10 Offensive NBA Players Of All Time
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Top 10 Offensive NBA Players Of All Time

Not sure if the title is good or not. But IYO, who are the ten best offensive players to ever play in the NBA? Not just scoring. I'm thinking more of an accumulation of scoring, passing, ball handling, IQ, and various intangibles. Players can be from any era. But don't pick guys like Chamberlain and Baylor if you've never seen or seriously read up on them. Explain yourselfs. Hopefully, we can get some thoughtful opinions.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2009 01:07 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No offense,

But what's the point?

Most of the great NBA players are known for offense anyways so when people vote for the best NBA players of all time, it's generally going to be the same guys who are the most talented offensive players.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2009 02:55 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Alright. Let me change this to the following(mods please change the title):

Top 10 Perimeter Scorers Of All Time

Dirk Nowitzki is a PF. But he's a viable option here because he plays on the perimeter alot. Wilt Chamberlain or Shaq aren't viable options here.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2009 04:22 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jordan
Bird
Zeke
Olajuwon
Kobe
Barkley
Drexler

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 01:57 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I think McGrady warrants mention and probably more. In 02-03 he could give it to you however you wanted it. Larry Bird and Michael Jordan are truly awesome. They had great midrange games. Larry had a shot from anywhere on the court. Where Jordan wasn't perfect on his 3-point shooting, he had a great midrange game and an unstoppable driving ability in his early career.

I have to say that Kobe is the greatest though. In 05-06 he had unlimited range on his three pointer. From the playoffs on up he mastered his midrange game and the turnaround fadeaway. Now in the early part of 09-10 he's mastered a low post game.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 03:03 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Kobe is probably the best perimeter shooter I have seen in the history of the league.

Ray Allen, when he was in his prime, would be a close 2nd.

But the greatest player on both ends of the court is arguably Earl Manigault.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 09:53 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Kobe is probably the best perimeter shooter I have seen in the history of the league.

Ray Allen, when he was in his prime, would be a close 2nd.

Dude, better than Bird? Better than Dale Ellis?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 10:31 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude, better than Bird? Better than Dale Ellis?
Kobe>Bird. He is far more athletic and agile. His footwork is flawless and this year has introduced an impeccable postgame coupled with his midrange turn-around fadeaway(mastered in 05-06 playoffs). Kobe must have scored 50 atleast 25 times in his career already. Not to mention 50 in four consecutive games, 61 at the Garden last season, 81 in 42 min, and my personal favorite: outscoring Dallas 62-61 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Ray Allen and Bird are better shooters than Kobe. Not better scorers.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 12:11 AM
chithappens

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Kobe>Bird. He is far more athletic and agile. His footwork is flawless and this year has introduced an impeccable postgame coupled with his midrange turn-around fadeaway(mastered in 05-06 playoffs). Kobe must have scored 50 atleast 25 times in his career already. Not to mention 50 in four consecutive games, 61 at the Garden last season, 81 in 42 min, and my personal favorite: outscoring Dallas 62-61 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Shhhh. You are just sayin stuff

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 07:35 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

My "Stuff">Your Nothing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 05:41 PM
chithappens

You tried to make a comparison with Bird and Allen... that said enough on it's own.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 04:49 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chithappens
Shhhh. You are just sayin stuff
Indeed, loan him a buck so he can buy a clue?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 05:54 AM
guy222
With my gal

Too hard to say

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 07:41 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by chithappens
You tried to make a comparison with Bird and Allen... that said enough on it's own.
I wasn't comparing Bird and Allen. I was comparing them to Bryant. What do you have to say that's informative? I wasn't even making note of Allen's ability. I was referring to his shooting: better than Bryant's. Bryant is a better scorer than them IMO.

Indeed, loan him a buck so he can buy a clue?
Atleast I have an opinion and can articulate it in sentences. All you two have done is try to make me seem like I'm retarded. Not the case. I know NBA.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 09:06 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just saying....Bird....Allen....I dont see the connection.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 01:56 AM
Darth Martin

Just saying....Bird....Allen....I dont see the connection.

If you actually read my post, maybe you would.

Kobe is probably the best perimeter shooter I have seen in the history of the league. Ray Allen, when he was in his prime, would be a close 2nd.

Originally posted by Darth Martin

Try to keep up.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 03:27 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kobe Bryant, best perimeter shooter in the history of the league.....whoa....is he serious?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 05:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Kobe Bryant, best perimeter shooter in the history of the league.....whoa....is he serious?

Lemme guess who you think is: Michael Jordan.

Yeah right... MJ doesn't even have a 3-point hotspot.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 07:09 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lemme guess who you think is: Michael Jordan.

Yeah right... MJ doesn't even have a 3-point hotspot.

Nah, not MJ. And making a left handed half court shot while NOT under pressure means shit.

Some of the best perimeter shooters? IMO?

Larry Bird
Robert Horry
Dale Ellis
Drazen Petrovic
Mark Price
Tom Chambers
Sam Perkins

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 08:45 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Nah, not MJ. And making a left handed half court shot while NOT under pressure means shit.

Some of the best perimeter shooters? IMO?

Larry Bird
Robert Horry
Dale Ellis
Drazen Petrovic
Mark Price
Tom Chambers
Sam Perkins

Robert Horry?
Tom Chambers?
Perimeter shooters?

Seriously... no expression

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 12:13 PM