KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant

Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant

Compare the two in their primes individually and then so far anyways their championship teams against each other.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 07:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

One is the Greatest Player of All Time period; the other is the 2nd Greatest SG of ALL Time; a top 3 ALL Time Guard, and an ALL Time Top 10 player.

Who do you think is which? (rhetorical)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 12:20 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Is it Venus Williams?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Michael Jordan all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:18 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

MJ is Kobe's towel boy.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 09:59 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kobe wouldn't make a hair on MJ's nuts.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 11:06 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

MJ>Kobe

I don't think there's this huge gap between them like most people but the above is indisputable. MJ puts up more volume scoring on higher efficiency, has more MVP's, championships, and a MUCH better Finals performer.

With that said, there's nothing MJ can do with a basketball that Kobe can't. And no I don't believe MJ would score 100 points today. MJ is the GOAT in my opinion while Kobe is anywhere from 7-10 depending on the day.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 01:48 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

One's the best, the other isn't.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 04:44 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
One is the Greatest Player of All Time period; the other is the 2nd Greatest SG of ALL Time; a top 3 ALL Time Guard, and an ALL Time Top 10 player.

Who do you think is which? (rhetorical)
I'm a Laker fan so I'd say Magic is the GOAT, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said. MJ is the name brand, Kobe is the generic version.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 09:52 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Lol @ Magic > Jordan.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 10:34 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by batdude123
Lol @ Magic > Jordan.
LOL my ass. If you were starting an NBA franchise and you had one pick to build around, you would take Jordan over Magic? Seriously?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 10:45 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Originally posted by dmills
LOL my ass. If you were starting an NBA franchise and you had one pick to build around, you would take Jordan over Magic? Seriously?

Either is fine, homer.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 11:06 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Yes, your ass is indeed hilarious, as is the idea of Magic being better than Jordan.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 11:01 PM
Mindset

Jordan is barely a top 10 player.

When Lil Bow Wow had his abilities he wasn't even better than the black guy from V.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 04:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
Yes, your ass is indeed hilarious, as is the idea of Magic being better than Jordan.
Whoa!!!

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 07:38 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'd entertain the point that Magic might be the greatest offensive player ever. His impact surely suceeds Mike there. But once you throw in prime MJ's defense.....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2010 03:56 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I'm a Laker fan so I'd say Magic is the GOAT, but I pretty much agree with everything else you said. MJ is the name brand, Kobe is the generic version.

We shall have to disagree about Magic being the GOAT. Magic might not even be the best "Laker" ever. It is debatable/arguable.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 08:14 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

As is it that MJ is the GOAT. erm

Russell has a strong case.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 04:31 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

You can combine the 3 'best' Superstars of this era (Kobe, Dwyane, LeBron), and that amalgam wouldn't even compare to a prime Jordan.

Heck, I'd trade all 3 for a 40-year-old Wizards-era MJ.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 09:41 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

MJ is the best period, regardless of what era.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:13 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote