KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who are your MMA prospects 2 Watch?

Who are your MMA prospects 2 Watch?
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who are your MMA prospects 2 Watch?

My first prospect was Dom Cruz, and he's done proven me right. The young man I'm following right now is this 24 year old KOTC newcomer. He's of the newschool who train mma since day one. He's a college D1 All American wrestling champ with a purple belt in bjj and bb in Judoka and has 8 k1 fights with no losses. All ko's. Sure, his stand up is TKD, but he's easily top 10 strikers in mma. I'll give his name and bio in a bit. But, this guy has all this skill with Melvin Guillard level power, speed and all around superior athleticism. He's the man. So, I showed you my guy to watch, who's your guy to watch?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 05:11 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Anderson Silva.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 05:17 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terrible fighter.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 05:35 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

long pig.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 05:57 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Erm....no. I just fight for weed money and the opportunity to legally beat up white boys. White boys white boys, whatcha gonna do..... Seriously though, Anderson Silva sucks. I hate him.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 11:10 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Anderson silva no expression

Seriously though Melvin guillard. IMO he'd flatten Frankie Edgar right now.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 10:08 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Seriously though Melvin guillard. IMO he'd flatten Frankie Edgar right now.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 10:20 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by batdude123

Betta recognize IMG_0148.JPG

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 04:52 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Betta recognize IMG_0148.JPG

Damn, that image didn't work...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 04:53 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Well, first of all, I doubt you can call somebody with 40 professional fights an "up-and-comer" or a "prospect." Second of all, Edgar is probably one of the few guys in the LW division that can match Guillard in terms of pure speed, plus he has much better overall skills.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 05:35 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well, first of all, I doubt you can call somebody with 40 professional fights an "up-and-comer" or a "prospect." Second of all, Edgar is probably one of the few guys in the LW division that can match Guillard in terms of pure speed, plus he has much better overall skills.
Idk, I think Melvin could put Edgar away.

Edgar may be able to match his speed, but he isn't handling his power if Maynard can rock him. Edgar has better wrestling, maybe, but Melvin is no slouch. Only thing is Melvin has never had a 5 round fight, if it lasts 5 rounds, that is. Edgar has better skills, but that alone wont win a fight.

I also like disagreeing with you.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 09:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Mindset
Idk, I think Melvin could put Edgar away.

Edgar may be able to match his speed, but he isn't handling his power if Maynard can rock him. Edgar has better wrestling, maybe, but Melvin is no slouch. Only thing is Melvin has never had a 5 round fight, if it lasts 5 rounds, that is. Edgar has better skills, but that alone wont win a fight.

I also like disagreeing with you.

Wrong.

Gray Maynard has knocked somebody out in 9 seconds. He has plenty of KO power. Even after eating all Maynard had to offer, he still came back and arguably won the next 4 rounds. And Edgar doesn't "maybe" have better wrestling. Guillard would lose.

Yeah, I've noticed. Quit trolling, doucher.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:01 PM
Mindset

Wrong.

Gray Maynard has knocked somebody out in 9 seconds. He has plenty of KO power. Even after eating all Maynard had to offer, he still came back and arguably won the next 4 rounds. And Edgar doesn't "maybe" have better wrestling. Guillard would lose.

Yeah, I've noticed. Quit trolling, doucher.
And Melvin has better KO power as well as better boxing. Maynard didn't know how to finish him. You think he doesn't have better wrestling? Edgar hater.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:09 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

And Edgar has better boxing than Melvin. Edgar absolutely has better wrestling, not "maybe."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:11 PM
Mindset

More technical, which doesn't matter, because Melvin has better boxing than Maynard who was able to land on him. He'll be able to hit Edgar. Melvin will suplex Edgar.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:22 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Just like BJ was able to? Melvin will suplex Edgar, then Edgar will pull a Fedor and kimura him.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:26 PM
Mindset

BJ sucks.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:27 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 10:30 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

@batdude

Yeah you got a point about the up and comer thing so I guess he doesnt really count. I was thinking he meant fave prospects. But still Edgar isn't unhittable. Guillard would finish what maynard started in round 1. Edgar has fast movement but his hands aint close to guillard's speed. He may be a more technical boxer but i dont see how that gives him an advantage against guillard's level of speed and power. Standing with mel would not end well for edgar.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 04:07 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

@batdude

Yeah you got a point about the up and comer thing so I guess he doesnt really count. I was thinking he meant fave prospects. But still Edgar isn't unhittable. Guillard would finish what maynard started in round 1. Edgar has fast movement but his hands aint close to guillard's speed. He may be a more technical boxer but i dont see how that gives him an advantage against guillard's level of speed and power. Standing with mel would not end well for edgar.

That's what most people thought about Edgar's chances striking against BJ, and look how that turned out. It's going to take more than a victory against Dunham (who's only demonstrated decent striking against a guy like Sherk) and Shane Roller, who is a terrible striker, to convince me that he'd beast Edgar standing up. And Guillard's fight with Stephens was arguably a win for Jeremy (I thought so). Either way, unlike Guillard, Frankie doesn't have to rely on his hands. He's a much better grappler. Guillard's fight with Ronny Torres was highly unimpressive, and the fight before that, Diaz choked him out. So yeah, I'm just not seeing it.

And after Frankie beats Maynard in their 3rd match, it'll only verify my above statements even more.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 04:23 AM