KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Bullet Club All In

Bullet Club All In
Started by: Playmaker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Bullet Club All In

So, the event that was sparked by a tweet from Dave Meltzer in which a fan asked him, "do you think ROH can ever sell out an arena with 10k+ fans? Something like the Madison Square Garden?" and Dave replied, "Not any time soon."

According to Matt Jackson (1 half of the Young Bucks), "The tweet lit a fire under Cody." Cody replied to Dave's tweet saying, "I'll take that bet Dave. I already gave them their biggest buyrate...put the Bucks & I on the card & 3-months to promite." And sure enough, the Bullet Club All In event has sold out. And in less than 30 minutes to boot. This is HUGE as it is the first time that a non-WWE wrestling event has sold out such a large arena since WCW.

While the matches on the card haven't been announced, plenty of names have been. Such as: Cody and the Young Bucks, the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada, and the Cleaner himself Kenny Omega. The first match between Omega and Okada is, according to Dave, "the greatest match in pro wrestling history."

The event isn't just a wrestling show but an entire convention as well noted that it's a "virtual who's who of professional wrestling." Among those scheduled to appear are Colt Cabana, X-Pac, Eric Bischoff, Diamond Dallas Page, Jerry lawler, Bruce Prichard, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash among others. But bigger news still is that CM Punk will be hosting a meet-and-greet. The Young Bucks have long been trying to convince Punk to return to professional wrestling and join Bullet Club.

As of yet, it is unknown if the All In event will be streamed or not but at this moment it's a "must-see event in person." Although Cody and the Bucks say they are exploring their options.

That's about all the information we have on this event so far. Cody and the Bucks have also tried to lure Daniel Bryan to the event as well. But with Bryan now medically cleared to compete in the WWE, that seems very unlikely but Bryan hasn't resigned with WWE as of yet. Most people are certain, however, that Bryan will resign with WWE and will not be at All In.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:42 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

This selling out so fast is huge. The last 3-5+ years of indie wrestling and Japan has really led it to this event. Hopefully it goes over well and maybe in the near future be looked at as a second coming of wrestlemania of sorts.

I don't watch ring of honour but I liked Cody Rhodes from wwe and what little of him I've seen on UK indies. Young bucks I'm not bothered about but they're probably the greatest marketing team in wrestling right now. And the little of omega I've seen I've liked so I'll definitely try watching this.

Also later this year Progress wrestling are having a show in Wembley arena which could potentially be 10k crowd. I've got a ticket for that.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:54 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

First match announced for All In is:

Nick Aldis (known as Magnus while working for Impact Wrestling/TNA) vs. Cody for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Aldis is the current champion with a current reign at 206. I would love for Cody to win the title. He could hold the same belt that his father once held way back in 1970s and 80s. Dusty had 3 reigns with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in:

1.) August 21, 1979. This reign would last 5 days
2.) June 21, 1981. This reign would last 88 days.
3.) July 26, 1986. This reign would last 3 days.

This would make Dusty's total reign as NWA World Heavyweight Champion 107 days. I hope Cody wins this belt. It would be such a feel good moment.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 07:01 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

A new match has been added to All In. The Villain Marty Scurll will be taking on the Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada. This has actually added some confusion as the official All In Twitter account said this was the first match confirmed. This is perhaps just an error as Cody vs. Aldis was confirmed already by Billy Corgan (Yes, THAT Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins who is now the owner of the NWA).

Chris Jericho, the current IWGP IC Champion, will most likely not be in All In. Jericho is currently working for NJPW but has made it clear that he won't do shows stateside out of respect for Vince McMahon.

Also, with the forming of the Golden Elites, it makes one wonder exactly what Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, and the Young Bucks will be doing at the show. An early rumor had the Young Bucks taking on the Golden Lovers (Omega & Ibushi) in a ladder match. But that rumors seems to have been squashed with Omega winning the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Dominion and making amends with the Young Bucks.

Matches for All In:
1.) Nick Aldis (C) vs. Cody for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
2.) Kazuchika Okada vs. Marty Scurll

Old Post Jul 6th, 2018 03:56 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

After the G1 Special in San Francisco last night, we may have a hint of upcoming matches. It may be a 3 vs. 3 match with:

The Elites (Kenny Omega, Matt & Nick Jackson) going against the newly formed Firing Squad of Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, and King Haku. This is looking to be more like NWO Hollywood vs. NWO Wolfpack from WCW. Except good (so far).

Another option would be:

1.) Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

2.) The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Loa and Haku.

Of course, we have the G1 Climax taking place between July 14 until August 12. So that will give us more hints as to what's to come. The G1 Climax is split into the following blocks:

Block A:
1.) Michael Elgin
2.) EVIL
3.) Bad Luck Fale
4.) Togi Makabe
5.) Kazuchika Okada
6.) Hangman Page
7.) Minoru Suzuki
8.) Hiroshi Tanahashi
9.) Jay White
10.) YOSHI-HASHI

Block B:
1.) Hirooki Goto
2.) Kota Ibushi
3.) Tomohiro Ishii
4.) Tetsuya Naito
5.) Kenny Omega
6.) Juice Robinson
7.) Zack Sabre Jr.
8.) SANADA
9.) Tama Tonga
10.) Toru Yano

Surprised not to see Cody in the G1 Climax. Cody and Kenny have made amends after their match at the G1 Special. Curious to see what happens now.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 03:26 PM