KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Tyson Fury - Greatest of all time.

Tyson Fury - Greatest of all time.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tyson Fury - Greatest of all time.

For 14 years he has beaten every man put in front of him. Unbeaten, he bows out, getting better as he got older

I think his reach advantage and skill combined mean he is the GOAT. His chin is also monumental.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 12:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Tyson Fury - Greatest of all time.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For 14 years he has beaten every man put in front of him. Unbeaten, he bows out, getting better as he got older

I think his reach advantage and skill combined mean he is the GOAT. His chin is also monumental.

I hope he can actually enjoy his retirement, health wise! He's earned it.

Read the man had bone spurs removed just before Wilder 3. Actually went in hurt, with shots in both forearms.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 05:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Shame he never got to skelp Joshua. And I'd also like to have seen him fight Usyk. Don't think he's the GOAT though. He's the best in what's been a pretty poor couple of decades for the heavyweight division. (Although its better noe than when the Klitchkos dominated)I think a huge part of which has been much less doping nowadays though. Previous era heavyweights were steroided up to the gills. Far more difficult to get away with that these days. Even some juiced up middleweights would've given him a run. Look at the Hagler Hearns fight and tell me their mental ferocity and speed wouldn't have been tough for Fury to handle.

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 10:36 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Shame he never got to skelp Joshua. And I'd also like to have seen him fight Usyk. Don't think he's the GOAT though. He's the best in what's been a pretty poor couple of decades for the heavyweight division. (Although its better noe than when the Klitchkos dominated)I think a huge part of which has been much less doping nowadays though. Previous era heavyweights were steroided up to the gills. Far more difficult to get away with that these days. Even some juiced up middleweights would've given him a run. Look at the Hagler Hearns fight and tell me their mental ferocity and speed wouldn't have been tough for Fury to handle.

He's technically excellent but I think he would've been beaten by a lot of other heavyweights in their respective primes. Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield to name a few.

Do you think Ali juiced?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 11:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Possibly. Elite sports started to get rife with it in the early 60s. His physique is attainable naturally though so maybe not.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 11:25 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possibly. Elite sports started to get rife with it in the early 60s. His physique is attainable naturally though so maybe not.
fury got banned for one of my fave old school roids, Nandralone, Jaden

Personally I think Wilder hits as hard as anyone ever. Fury overcame him punching power isn't an issue. He has an amazing engine for a giant, as well as skills no man that size has ever been seen to have. He is as much taller than Lewis as Lewis is taller than me. And he is 9-10 inches taller than Tyson. I think he has the tools to beat them all getting up out of the chair is lifting more than gym rats. White is a beast of a man and he treated him like a child in the clinch almost. And yeah, Joshua is a prick, Fury doing him would have been great. Let's hope it happens.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2022 07:44 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fury Vs Usyk should cement this.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2022 01:37 PM
StyleTime

Yeah, a win over Usyk definitely cements his place in the GOAT discussion. He's a tall dude with great movement and skilled hands. He also recovered from a Wilder KO punch, while still retaining the mental toughness to keep fighting. Even KO'd Wilder in the rematch with a new strategy, showing his versatility.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 31st, 2022 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 06:25 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, a win over Usyk definitely cements his place in the GOAT discussion. He's a tall dude with great movement and skilled hands. He also recovered from a Wilder KO punch, while still retaining the mental toughness to keep fighting. Even KO'd Wilder in the rematch with a new strategy, showing his versatility.
he stopped him in the decider too. They both hit the canvas in that one if you recall. Best "trilogy" in a long time. But really despite the draw, Wilder 0 : 3 Fury.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2022 09:03 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Double post.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2022 09:04 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

he hopefully will fight AJ.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2022 09:17 PM
cdtm

The sportsmanship snub pisses me off. Wilder's a great fighter in his own right, bur he rotten attitude tarnished what should have been a proud moment.

Joe Fraiser lost to Ali how many times? And he was a class act about it, and no one thinks less of him for the losses because of who he fought.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 11:34 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
The sportsmanship snub pisses me off. Wilder's a great fighter in his own right, bur he rotten attitude tarnished what should have been a proud moment.

Joe Fraiser lost to Ali how many times? And he was a class act about it, and no one thinks less of him for the losses because of who he fought.
thumb up For once CD, I agree with you.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2022 02:39 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

AJ bottled in... so sad.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2022 05:25 AM