KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?

Should Animes be put into the big screens
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

Will Anime movies ever survive the big screen?

with Van Helsing coming up it is a little gleam of hope to anime series out there wanting a shot at hollywood.

But are animes designed to survive the big screen?

With the recent cancelation of the live action DBZ movie what hope is out there for anime series in the big screen?

what do u think?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 11:31 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Well anime make it all the time in Japan..... not live action though...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:42 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Van Helsing isn'y based on an anime. I don't think many animes would make good live action versions.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:13 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shredder
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know about live action. But maybe a actual big screen movie like they do with all the Nickoloden (sp?) cartoons.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:26 PM
Shredder is currently offline Click here to Send Shredder a Private Message Find more posts by Shredder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I don't think live action is a good idea with any cartoon to film. Sometimes it works (Spiderman, LXG, Van Helsing...hopefully) But I don't think it'll really work havng a live action anime. By doing that you'ld loose the anime feel of it.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 07:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SumWatTwisted
I'm Back!

^ I agree totally. It's just to...cheesy sounding. I also agree with J, they should make an anime movie go to big screen

Made By Delicious1

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 07:47 PM
SumWatTwisted is currently offline Click here to Send SumWatTwisted a Private Message Find more posts by SumWatTwisted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yes anime were meant to be some what stretched and many aspects are supermatural or would look odd on film. such as people flying fire beams and so forth. it should be that they belong on the anime series not the big screen

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 12:10 AM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sum1butno1
Transient being

Big screen? Maybe.
Live action? Definitely not. There are just too many cool effects that anime filmmakers put into their shows and movies to establish mood and coolness. The whole thing would just cost WAY too much and would end up being nowhere near as good as the animated version.

And I wouldn't say that LXG was a successful cartoon-to-film crossover, though I sincerely hope that the Punisher is (I've been waiting for an R-rated crossover for a long, long time).

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:17 AM
sum1butno1 is currently offline Click here to Send sum1butno1 a Private Message Find more posts by sum1butno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Anime is just great as Anime, not as a movie.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:28 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien If they have cancelled the dbz movie the what about the neon genesis evangelion movie they seem to be going ahead with it.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:23 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

i want amine to go to the creens it will make amine fans happy

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 11:06 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

if they want us anime fans happy they should keep our anime shows just how they are now, great w/ no limits and just the way its been 4ever, not live action, please lets hope they do no more live actions for anime shows

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 10:01 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

just leave em as it is

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 10:08 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

great fantasy and w/ no limits at all

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 06:48 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I'm pleased with the cancellation of the DBZ live action movie. There were just too many elements to work with anyway. They would have to start right at the beginning and show flashbacks of when Goku was a kid, anyway. They were need to include Vegeta, Freiza, the Andriods, Cell and Majin Buu for a complete movie, and that's just too much to contend with. As for anime adaptions to live action surviving the big screen, it depends on the movie. Van Helsing can stand on its own because it looks more like a monster more than that of anime.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 10:32 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i am also very relieved

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 06:32 PM
Peach
mordrem

I think the DBZ liveaction would have sucked. I am looking forward to the liveaction Evangelion movie, that I do believe that they could reasonably pull off. And there is currently running in Japan a liveaction Sailormoon TV show, which I have seen.

For the most part, though, anime shouldn't be done in liveaction. I honestly am not even that big a fan of it being shown in movie theaters...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 09:08 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

thank u for backing me up further

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:00 AM
Jace_Rave
Jace ofthe vermillion sun

I think they should put anime on the big screen. Not as live action though, as anime. Pokemon has plent of them, even though they're for littler kids. They should try putting something like Ghost in the Shell, or X in theatres. We won't really know untill they try.

I feel like the dusk. Growing closer and closer to darkness. But still clinging to what little light is left. Even though it will inevitably fade.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 01:51 PM
Jace_Rave is currently offline Click here to Send Jace_Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Jace_Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea but big screen means anime now a days only toon films on big screens are kiddy films lots of anime arent kiddy so it would have to be live action = suckyness

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:00 PM