KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime reviews

Anime reviews
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Anime reviews

OK, I thought this forum could do with one of these. It'll be good for someone who like me lives somewhere where there are very few Anime's on the television and who has to mainly rely on the DVD's. However, £20 a DVD is alot when you don't know if you'll like it or not. This is a place where you can see what others thought of animes, hopefully the one that you want will be reviewed (maybe by more that one person) and you can make your decision. Just be sure to give the name of the show, a percentage (easier that /10 as you can see exactly how good they thought it was), and a brief overview of story, sound, characters, etc.

Here is my review of Cowboy Bebop:

Cowboy Bebop - 97%

Now I may possibally be a bit bias on reviewing CB as it is my favourate show. It has amazing character development throughout an amazing story. By the end you feel kind of linked to all the characters.

The story follows two bounty hunters, Spike and Jet, who are on a spaceship called the Bebop. They are later joined by Faye, a woman bounty hunter who can't remember anything about her past, Ein, a dog that's been genetically modified to be super inteligent although no-one seems to notice, and Ed (short for Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV) a young hacker who just wants to have fun. Spike used to work for a crime syndicate known as the Red Dragon, he left thatlife three years ago, hoping to run off with the woman he loved, Julia.
We follow the group of bounty hunters along on their quest to earn some cash, unfortuantly they are the unluckiest at their profession. Their hunting takes up the magority of the 26 episodes (or sessions), with the rest set aside for character episodes. The series is full of memorable moments and there is even a film (which takes place between episodes 22 and 23).
The music on the show is amazing, it is all performed by a Jazz band known as the Seatbelts. The songs at either end of each episodes are amazing and perfectly set the mood for the show.
The dubbing isn't all that bad. I now must admit I haven't seen the subbed version as I've only seen the show on television.

This show is perfect for anyone who likes anime and/or action flicks. To give it any less of a score would be a crime, and as nothing is perfect or next to perfect it can't have any higher.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:40 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrack
confused

nice review (ss) here is one of my favorites: "RahXephon"- the city of tokyo has been overthrown, taken over by the mu (alien invaders with blue blood). they have devistated the rest of the planet. within the domed walls of the city, time flows in a different path, and none of the citizens even know they have been conquered. outside tokyo, the remnants of the human race have fought a desperate 15yr war against the mu, knowing only that the key to victory lies within the occupied city. but no one has been able to get inside tokyo until ayato kamina (a young resident fleeing a horrifing attack on the city), unknowing breaks out. an extraordinary mystery unfolds as ayato confronts a world he has never known and the secrets between the 2 citys and himself (being able to control the giant mecha "rahxephon", which are the key to saving the human race). for ayato his past and future get intertwinded has he finds out more about himself and others. this anime is beautifully coriographed and the sound is played well with the show/story. the story does get confusing at points, even if you pay close attention some times u just wont get things until that portion of the sequence is through(i didnt catch on to things sometimes until it was finished, i looked backed at some episodes, and saw the little 2hr motion picture). i really enjoyed this anime and it is worth seeing. there are a lot of people out there that say it reminds them of evangelion. i would probably rate this anime with 90% b/c there is just something about it that just doesnt seem complete (but the ending of the series "last episode" i loved. but you have to watch through till the end of the credits though to get what i mean).

if you want to know more about it (or some other anime that i might know) just ask......if you think it seems i left something out. smile

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 01:54 AM
soundtrack is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrack a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote