KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Evangelion

Evangelion
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Evengelion

NO THREAD ABOUT THIS?!?!? What the f**k?

I loved this series. Have most of the DVD's, too. General Discussion.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 07:01 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shinobiprincess
Hiei's stalker

lol I've read the manga of Evagelion, though I want to see the series for it.T_T oh and I like Asuka

Old Post May 26th, 2004 07:25 PM
Shinobiprincess is currently offline Click here to Send Shinobiprincess a Private Message Find more posts by Shinobiprincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

you havent seen the series? It was awesome! Try and find them. I am sure you can download them anywhere.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 08:25 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

It is the complexity of the caracters..and the series itself that draws me deepy to this anime.When people ask me"whats the big deal about eva,i think its crap",it USUALLY prooves that they are not mature enough to understand the sad/discusting/beautiful elements that make up what is known as Evangelion.When i saw the end,i was appauled.I was not only shocked,but amazed that i had just witnessed somthing so deep in an anime.
also,theres an Evangelion live action in the prosess,the pics look great
lastly,as far as couples go im
Shinji/Kawarou
Shinji/Asuka
Misato/Kaji
i forget their names but the short haird girl/long haird guy who work at NERVE
Hikari-chan/Toji

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:10 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I've seen the whole series and 'End of Evangelion', the movie they released. And i've got to say that without a doubt it is one of the greatest animes ever made. I love this series, (I don't understand it but I still love it.)

Old Post May 27th, 2004 11:36 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

It was fairly confusing. But, so was Akira until I watched it about 6 times.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 06:19 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I try too catch it on cartoon network but have been unsuccesful. But I think it's on soon so I'll try. It looks very cool too.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 06:05 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

yeah i like this series too the movies a bit weird but
if you like evangelion you should watch fullmetal panic
its kinda like evangelion you can see the similarities and some music is similar too

Old Post May 28th, 2004 11:27 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

i like evangelion, it's not my favourite anime but it's really good. it has good philisophical elements and the characters develop quite well, even more so in the manga.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 09:07 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i've only seen some raondom parts of it.. confused

but i wanna see whole.
but i have no idea where to get it sad

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post May 29th, 2004 09:36 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I agree with crazy_c. yes

Old Post May 30th, 2004 12:21 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

happy

Old Post May 30th, 2004 12:07 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whitedragon
HAIL MEGATRON!

Tongue Evangelion n manga pic plz!

Hi everyone, got any kool manga pix from anythin, am just getting into Evangelion! got any pix or info about the story line or charactorz! I mainly want to see pix of the Units without masks from Evangelion!
Princess Mononoke, ninja scroll and fist of the North Star are my favs!
Cheerz Yo!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 09:34 AM
whitedragon is currently offline Click here to Send whitedragon a Private Message Find more posts by whitedragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

info about eva....can't give to much away..so ill say this..the characters lives are terribly shocking and complicated. EVA CHARACTER [SPOILER - highlight to read]: SPOILERS*****Asuka's mother was a complete lunitic before she hung herself and her daughter came in to see it.She had a doll that she called Asuka,and she called the real Asuka"that nasty little girl that keeps visiting me"As i understand,her stepmother wanted nothing to do with her either,so shes always kinda been neglected.Rei is simple,a creation that is in love with her creator.Shinji...ohh shit..i forgot what happend to Shinji..gid im a dumbass.

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Oct 27th, 2004 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 03:47 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

he was neglected by his dad all his life and was brought up with his cousins or something. Oh and i think he saw his mother die didn't he?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

Something like that...

I love Evangelion...if there's any anime that can totally screw over someone's mind, it's Eva. Asuka's my favorite character yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoXs

where can i read the manga online ... i watch up to like ep 14 in hong kong .... but then i had to go back to canada ... didnt finish it ... u ppl know where can i download the manga ... i had been trying to find it for 1 year now!!!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 08:08 PM
BoXs is currently offline Click here to Send BoXs a Private Message Find more posts by BoXs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by BakaXero
yeah i like this series too the movies a bit weird but
if you like evangelion you should watch fullmetal panic
its kinda like evangelion you can see the similarities and some music is similar too

Yo Baka are you not thinking of RahXephon, I'm watching the Full Metal Panic series now and it couldn't be further from Eva if it tried. RahXephon is a clone of Eva.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 10:48 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inner Sanctum

Warning Eva unit 00 theory

First off, it should be noted that the truth behind the Evas are shrouded in mystery (especially unit 00). There are some things we come to know about them through the series and the movies, so to anyone that hasn't seen them or wants to figure it out on his/her own [SPOILER - highlight to read]: BEWARE: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
The Kwaru (sp?) episode lets the viewers know that Unit 02 is borm from Adam, and also that Unit 01 is "Lillith's only living offspring." In the episode where Fiutski (sp?) is interrigated by Seele we learn that Unit 00 was "mad from Adam" (as Ritsku's mother says). This information offers an interesting theory about the 1st activation test between Rei and Unit 00. WHY DID THE EVA GO BERZERK? Many people think this has something to do with whosever's soul is in the Eva (similar to how Shinji's and Asuka's mother's souls are in their respective Evas). However, I believe that this instance was due to the fact that Rei possesses the soul of Lilith (EoE), and she was trying to synchronize with and Eva made from Adam. The basic mythology behind Adam and Lilith is that they broke up. They were NOT compatible. Adam got pissed when Lilith's soul was put inside him.
The only problem left is why would Unit 00 finally synchronize with Rei in the Reactivation experiment. My answer: Nerv had to put someone's soul (I don't know who's) into the Eva (similar to Shinji's or Asuka's mothers) inorder to buffer the synchronization between Lilith's soul and Adam's matter. Look carefully at the scene where Gendo and Ritsuko are looking at the frozen unit 00 (vakelite infussion). There's a strange cross sticking out of the Eva's back. I'm sure they did something to alter it. Think about it. Happy Dance

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Oct 27th, 2004 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 08:00 PM
Inner Sanctum is currently offline Click here to Send Inner Sanctum a Private Message Find more posts by Inner Sanctum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inner Sanctum

Miffed

I resind my theory about unit 00. The evidence I used was ambiguous. The mystery remains. sad

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 11:46 PM
Inner Sanctum is currently offline Click here to Send Inner Sanctum a Private Message Find more posts by Inner Sanctum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote