KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » how has anime affected other media

how has anime affected other media
Started by: bardock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

how has anime affected other media

do you think anime has affected other types of entertainment such as movies and tv.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 05:57 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

It's affected some American comics (artistically), and a lot of video games show a stong anime influence.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:06 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

yeh i agree.Now things like Totally Spies/Teen Titans are picking up on the anime way.Im starting to see more anime in libraries(mine has almost all of Clamps work)and at Blockbuster.Besides that i really don't think so

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 07:32 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

ack i want manga in my library! They're so expensive. sad

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:33 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

That's the downside of Manga. Certain books are too expensive, and is hard to follow a series. sad

I think movies like The Matrix and Mission Impossible were inspired by the early anime movies. Video Games also have shown similarities in characters from anime.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 11:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cat Girl Sheryu
Punk Girl

*agrees with all of u*

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:32 AM
Cat Girl Sheryu is currently offline Click here to Send Cat Girl Sheryu a Private Message Find more posts by Cat Girl Sheryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarFace Clone
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I agree with Cat Girl Sheryu

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 11:25 PM
ScarFace Clone is currently offline Click here to Send ScarFace Clone a Private Message Find more posts by ScarFace Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

It would be nice if manga was cheaper, but the prices aren't outrageous (at least not in the USA). In fact, manga is offen cheaper than compilations of American comics; the former goes as low as $10.00, while the latter hovers around $13.00. Heck, it's not uncommon to find novels that cost more than manga; my copies of The Zap Gun and Dr. No cost $12.00 and $13.00, respectively, whereas my Fushigi Yugi collection cost $9.95 per book.

Last edited by Gregory on Jun 24th, 2004 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 12:33 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote