KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Tvs annoying lack of shoujo

Should there be more shoujo on tv?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YESH!SHOUJO ROXXX MANY SOXXX!! 8 80.00%
No way!Shoujo is for prissy girls! 2 20.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tvs annoying lack of shoujo
Started by: BlackHatDefect

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Tvs annoying lack of shoujo

For those who don't know what shoujo is,its anime thats usually aimed at girls,but is generally for everyone.Shoujo anime tends to be more focused on the plot rather than the riddiculous/continuous fighting.

As I poner weak and weary,I notice what little shoujo appears on tv...

anyway..lets reviewmessedailor Moon,Cardcaptor Sakura,and Tokyo Mew Mew.Those are the only 3 titles to hot mainstreem TV(besides Anime Net).Funny think is,all 3 are very shounen based.

I feal like the poor fools who only watch anime aired on TV are seriously missing out!Shoujo(in my opinion)is the better side of anime.Thicker plots,better character development,and very little of it is out of story(unlike things like DBZ and Inuyasha with those silly sidequests that have nothing to do with the story).I think they should shove some Ceres or Hana Yori Dango on Adult Swim.Maybe some Utena or Fushigi Yuugi..I donno,but who agrees.THere should be more shoujo on tv.

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 04:03 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrack
confused

agreed bhd. and even the ones that they do air on the tele, dont show or arent aloud to show the real good stuff. like sailormoon (stuff w/ amara and michelle), cardcaptors (sakura and li), etc. i havent really seen that many (particually b/c its not aired) but ive catched some on the comcast on demand section and theyre actually pretty good.

***o...and the only reason that they dont show it on adult swim is b/c the 2nd part of adult swim (w/ all of the anime) is the action pact part***

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 04:35 AM
soundtrack is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrack a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

But theres TONS of shoujo with action
!Look at Ceres,Fushigi Yuugi,Magic KNight RAyearth,Utena,Angel Sanctuary,ect!!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:19 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soundtrack
confused

yes . i wish fushigi yuugi was on around here. it sounds really interesting.

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:35 AM
soundtrack is currently offline Click here to Send soundtrack a Private Message Find more posts by soundtrack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

I totally agree verily!!! Shoujo Rocks my socks off!!! happy I really wish they did show more shoujo. Guys like it too! My 11 year old brother absolutely adores magic knight rayearth! yes

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:52 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Really?THATS SO COOL!My friends younger brother(13)LOVES Fruits Basket!!!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:53 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

Cool! My brother likes that too but he doesn't like it's lack of blood and swordfights and stuff and i was telling him how kyo and yuki fight alll the time and he was just like it's not the same. meh boys and violence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 05:55 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Oy.....thats SO annoying!

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 07:11 PM
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Bump3

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Aug 12th, 2004 10:09 PM
yoh askura 21

wher i can downloud beyblade the movie

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 03:23 PM
yoh askura 21 is currently offline Click here to Send yoh askura 21 a Private Message Find more posts by yoh askura 21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

um I think theres a reason, Fushigi yuugi and fruits basket*shudder* and the tv shojo arent shown on Tv. for one, adult swim will never show any of that stuff. they wont show ranma 1/2 , and they still have to edit things for tv despite how much they dislike doing that. and except for g4techtv I dont know what would show shojo. anime still isnt big enough(is that an oxmoron?) to have massive cleft in the america, and a few other places.

when i was in beunos aires they had bubblegum crisis, dragon ball, and all sorts of crazy stuff(spanish dubbed..did me real good :angrysmile
all sorts of senseless violence. cartoons are still viewed as a child entertainment median. notice that dbz and all the other shonen stuff is the most popular.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 05:14 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Well in america.In Japan they are going though a HUGE D~N~Angel and Full Moon Wo Sagashite thing>_<Shoujo *is*very popular,and alot of it is really action packed and fun!\

AS won't show Ranma cause its already liscencd(sp)and was on tv A LONG time ago

*~Just keep rockin'~*

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:02 PM
sailormoon
The newest sailor scout

I'm with y'all all the way! T.V. definitely needs more shoujo.

Sig by amity75!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 05:58 PM
sailormoon is currently offline Click here to Send sailormoon a Private Message Find more posts by sailormoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

I'm TALKING ABOUT AMERICA!!!! :angry:

what else could I be talking about, "japans annoying lack of shojo"
I'm not some ignorant retard, I mean who do oyu take me for, of COURSE THERES LOTS OF IT IN JAPAN!!!!!! in america, cartoons are viewed as a childrens product. we all know this, and this is slowly changing, but there not gonna just start showing shojo, especially when all the "guys stuff" is extremely popular. all the shonen is what people like so people(the ones who decide whats on tv) wont take huge risk's getting a shojo mainstream, if it flunks.(aka no one likes it) then they loose money.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:35 PM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilCap America

quote:
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
I'm TALKING ABOUT AMERICA!!!! :angry:

what else could I be talking about, "japans annoying lack of shojo"
I'm not some ignorant retard, I mean who do oyu take me for, of COURSE THERES LOTS OF IT IN JAPAN!!!!!! in america, cartoons are viewed as a childrens product. we all know this, and this is slowly changing, but there not gonna just start showing shojo, especially when all the "guys stuff" is extremely popular. all the shonen is what people like so people(the ones who decide whats on tv) wont take huge risk's getting a shojo mainstream, if it flunks.(aka no one likes it) then they loose money.

Wellwhen CN replaced Toonami it wassupposed to have more appeal to female fans but instead of grabbing up even some even slightly showable Shojo they just dropped a bunch of faux anime and dont seem to putting much effort into it all imo.

Anyways i think more Shojo would be great something like Fruit Baskets couldnt possiblle be to hard to get on TV could it?Especially compared to something a little more censor scaring like Chobits or Utena.Anime is alot bigger now than it ever was and considering how little there actually is on TV now its easy to imagine something advertised enough becoming a big hit based on the vaccum there is[Its real obvious the mainstream audience is starved for anime when something DB:Garbage Trash edition can be considered worth playing]

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 09:59 AM
EvilCap America is currently offline Click here to Send EvilCap America a Private Message Find more posts by EvilCap America Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i just wanna say that i hate that theres too many animes out there that highlight only one sex...they need to even it out abit!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 04:06 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Actually, Black-chan...BSSM, CCS, and TMM are the epitome of shoujo anime...Sailormoon really made it popular, and most shoujo shows now (including CSS and TMM) borrow many aspects from it.

Me, I'm a HUGE shoujo fan...and they really need to bring more of it over here to the US! Eventually the companies who bring anime to the US need to realize that girls like anime, too yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 07:44 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailormoon
The newest sailor scout

Right on! Like Christina A. said "Never can never will can hold us down!"

Sig by amity75!!!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:04 AM
sailormoon is currently offline Click here to Send sailormoon a Private Message Find more posts by sailormoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think alot of network heads target alot of anime at males or something

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:25 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

whatever....yes i think there should be more shoujo but only an equal amount...i'm so sick and tired of both sexes flaunting their "superiority" over the other...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 06:26 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote