KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Kaiju (introduction)

Kaiju (introduction)
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Arrow Kaiju (introduction)

Kaiju (daikaijū) is basically a term to describe Japanese big monster movies or tv series. The genre also includes super-heroes or robots, or even aliens. Among some of the most famous are Ultraman and Godzilla. With the recent increase of Anime and Manga we've decided to give the Kaiju genre a home here in the Anime/Manga forum. Since both genres have somehow cross patterns and are becoming more and more popular we're trying to make a place for them here at KMC. So any questions or comments please free to make them.

WD

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 23rd, 2005 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

GODZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:09 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WindDancer
Kaiju (daikaijū) is basically a term to describe Japanese big monster movies or tv series. The genre also includes super-heroes or robots, or even aliens. Among some of the most famous are Ultraman and Godzilla. With the recent increase of Anime and Manga we've decided to give the Kaiju genre a home here in the Anime/Manga forum. Since both genres have somehow cross patterns and are becoming more and more popular we're trying to make a place for them here at KMC. So any questions or comments please free to make them.

WD

They had something like that on MTV a while ago.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 12:35 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

Wait......so this is to talk about things like Godzilla?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2005 12:07 AM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

Originally posted by JLred
Wait......so this is to talk about things like Godzilla?
i think so but how r the two connected anime/manga and Kaiju?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 09:05 AM
snehin is currently offline Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I have no clue...I did like the remake they did a few years back on Godzilla in America.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:11 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
I have no clue...I did like the remake they did a few years back on Godzilla in America.
was it any thing like the original movie?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 07:51 PM
snehin is currently offline Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by snehin
i think so but how r the two connected anime/manga and Kaiju?

From what I understand some of these fantasy kaiju monsters were originally manga titles and instead of making them into a full feature anime movie they were made into a feature film. Certain characters from these movies had spin-offs of their own and then the mangas were made after the characters were introduce. Basically is Japanese science fiction in books and movies.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 08:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JLred

Originally posted by Movie_Geek_

I liked that one especially the way Godzilla looked..........

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 11:09 PM
JLred is currently offline Click here to Send JLred a Private Message Find more posts by JLred Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

From what I understand some of these fantasy kaiju monsters were originally manga titles and instead of making them into a full feature anime movie they were made into a feature film. Certain characters from these movies had spin-offs of their own and then the mangas were made after the characters were introduce. Basically is Japanese science fiction in books and movies.
ahh ok i understand now!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 09:49 AM
Alexis_88
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow...

Attachment: harleyquinn-joker.jpg
This has been downloaded 254 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 08:35 PM
Alexis_88 is currently offline Click here to Send Alexis_88 a Private Message Find more posts by Alexis_88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

wow I thought they did make godzilla an anime if I am not mistaken.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 12:56 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snape>Dumbledor
Restricted

Account Restricted

[Edit.]

Last edited by Storm on Nov 17th, 2005 at 12:14 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 04:17 AM
Snape>Dumbledor is currently offline Click here to Send Snape>Dumbledor a Private Message Find more posts by Snape>Dumbledor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

Originally posted by Zatch
wow I thought they did make godzilla an anime if I am not mistaken.

That would be interesting to see. I was up at night this past month, and PBS or some other channel had a documentary on Japanese horror films. Couldn't sleep at all after that.........

Happy Halloween

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 02:48 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

Well they make grusome horror movie I mean very worse than the U.S.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 07:34 PM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XANA_Mar
Mar The Great

The U.S. horror movies arnt realy horrorish.They just have alot of killing and screaming for help.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2005 09:47 PM
XANA_Mar is currently offline Click here to Send XANA_Mar a Private Message Find more posts by XANA_Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CodeLyokoFan
CodeLyokoRocks

yeah like

scream

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 09:43 PM
CodeLyokoFan is currently offline Click here to Send CodeLyokoFan a Private Message Find more posts by CodeLyokoFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

The asian films are horrible like they do torture horror movies like one of there most recent ones where this woman totures men in her house. She like cuts them up little by little listening to them scream and it is grusome.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 09:10 PM
XxILuvVegetaxX

Japanese horror films are effin scary. Is the movie you talkin about called Audition?? That was a good movie...but the torture scene sick

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 12:56 AM
XxILuvVegetaxX is currently offline Click here to Send XxILuvVegetaxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxILuvVegetaxX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
Japanese horror films are effin scary. Is the movie you talkin about called Audition?? That was a good movie...but the torture scene sick
yeah that is the one she is horrible to the men isn't she?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 08:25 PM