KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official "Hikaru No GO" Thread

The Official "Hikaru No GO" Thread
Started by: TheQuincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

The Official "Hikaru No GO" Thread

At first I thought this manga was boring, but it's started to grow on me and is now my favorite section in Shonen Jump. I thought it was about time a thread was dedicated to it.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 10th, 2005 09:25 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chibiruto
friend to all who chibi

yes Hikaru no go rocks ! gota love it...learned to play like five years ago on fam vacation to japan...not very fun to learn...but afterwards its freakin awsome

Custom sig curtosy of ShinobiRikari...the most awesomest and honorary ChibiMaster!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 01:07 AM
chibiruto is currently offline Click here to Send chibiruto a Private Message Find more posts by chibiruto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

My favorite character is Akira Toya. The go prodigy. I'm learning to play go right now, i got a book at barnes and noble. Anywehre u can play it online?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 17th, 2005 01:28 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chibiruto
friend to all who chibi

um...if i can...ill pm u some sites

Custom sig curtosy of ShinobiRikari...the most awesomest and honorary ChibiMaster!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2005 12:20 AM
chibiruto is currently offline Click here to Send chibiruto a Private Message Find more posts by chibiruto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

Awesome manga, while reading it I went online to learn Go. Im not very good at it yet but I think im ok for a player that hasnt played the game for years. I think the ending was one of the suckiest in the whole most wide world. I wont give it away though except that it sucked. I wouldnt even call it an ending....

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 12:01 AM
naruto641 is currently offline Click here to Send naruto641 a Private Message Find more posts by naruto641 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Hikara No Go... now there's an original story. That usually is one of the manga's I read on a daily basis. (Well not exactly). Go seems like a pretty tough game to master... wouldn't you think so?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:20 AM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sai12
its all in my head

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheQuincy
My favorite character is Akira Toya. The go prodigy. I'm learning to play go right now, i got a book at barnes and noble. Anywehre u can play it online?

Yeah you can go to Yahoo games and play it there. I know after I finished reading the 1st 4 manga that were out at the time (Book 5 is out now! Run and get it!) that I tried playing Go online. Twas very confusing, for me at least. I was never very good at chess, Go is like a much harder version of chess...Or its the same kinda thinking game.

Anyhow, I made a thread about this before without much for results, but seems like the right people are here now!!! YAY!

Also, has anyone seen the anime? I am excitedly awaiting it to be released in the US. It is a very long series, 85 episodes I think. The manga is very long as well...ugh! I'm thinking this is a HUGE investment. Tee hee!

Well, happy to see more HnG fans!

Made by BX. http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=23119621 Please?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:00 PM
sai12 is currently offline Click here to Send sai12 a Private Message Find more posts by sai12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

No, I haven't checked the anime out yet (now I probably will) So Go, is basically like chess you said? Shouldn't be THAT hard!

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:14 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

i got this book the other day that's called "Getting GO" that teaches you how to play. It's sweet.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:17 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Oh really, and you haven't told me? Anyhow, I'm thinking about getting into GO and all that. Just, I don't know any stores that would carry GO boards and such.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:36 PM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

Originally posted by ChakraStrings
No, I haven't checked the anime out yet (now I probably will) So Go, is basically like chess you said? Shouldn't be THAT hard!

it is nothing like chess

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:40 PM
naruto641 is currently offline Click here to Send naruto641 a Private Message Find more posts by naruto641 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Well, sai said it was 'like' chess. I've never played Go either, I've just seen people play it in Hikara No Go, and, does anyone know where to buy Go stuff?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:52 PM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

I dont know where to buy go stuff, I usually read the "Getting Go" out of my shonen jump books and play online.

Once you learn how to play Go youll see its nothing like chess. Sai probably meant that you need to use your head and plan strategies and stuff.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Yeah... probably. This online thing sounds pretty intresting, what's the site, I'd love to check it out.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:02 PM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

yahoo.com, go to games then to board games. Its there where you can play online with other ppl. Theres this program you can download to play against the computer and see how good you are and stuff. Ill find it again since I forgot where I got it

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:07 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

All right, thanks, I'll have to check that out later.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:07 PM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

no problem, and ill play anybody a game on yahoo if ya want to

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:04 AM
chibiruto
friend to all who chibi

yes...the yahoo site is quite good

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 12:48 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Originally posted by naruto641
no problem, and ill play anybody a game on yahoo if ya want to

I'm just starting to get good at it... I wouldn't underestimate anyone here either!

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 10:16 PM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

lol I play a couple games in yahoo but I always end up losing. Im just too careless and dont think about my moves much :P

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 11:08 PM