KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official "Death Note" Thread

The Official "Death Note" Thread
Started by: ChakraStrings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

The Official "Death Note" Thread

Death Note struck me as an odd manga, but once I figured out what a 'Death Note' was, it became pretty interesting. Not many people probably know about it, it is somewhat new, but it's becoming one of my favorite mangas there is.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:25 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

yep it is a good manga, alot of talking though. Its kinda cool how Raito and L figure stuff out and plan things. Both of them are real geniuses.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2005 11:54 PM
naruto641 is currently offline Click here to Send naruto641 a Private Message Find more posts by naruto641 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

That's true. Yeah, and there is a lot of talking. I just like the idea of "The Death Note" it's pretty cool. Write someones name down and how they die. Though, it looks to me like Light was going insane...

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:13 AM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

Light is insane.....lol He wants to take over the world and to judge whats right and whats wrong for everybody

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:16 AM
naruto641 is currently offline Click here to Send naruto641 a Private Message Find more posts by naruto641 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Yeah, hehe, sounds like somebody I know... anyhow... Another downside to the manga is that the scenes flow into one another to quickly. It's quite hard to explain really...

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:27 AM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

It also full of mostly boys lol. There are pretty much only two girls that participate in the manga and one of them dies. The other one I wont tell since it might be a spoiler

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:32 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Haha, that is pretty funny. And, yeah don't tell me I don't like spoilers. -_- Well, I wouldn't count the demons as 'boys' I count them as "undefined"

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 01:38 AM
Quincy
Debaser

"undefined" is a good way to put it chakra. Death note is pretty sick though.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 12:32 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

It is, very sick. Some of the killings (in the first manga) were cool. The traffic accident was my all time favorite so far. Imagine yourself though... if you had a Death Note, kind've scary but fascinating at the sametime don't you think?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:09 AM
naruto641
Reader of Many Mangas

My fave part was when Light made that guy hijack the bus and then kill himself. I mean it was set up so perfectly as to not reveal Light as the person with the Deathnote.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 06:44 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Yeah, that was pretty sick... I kind've liked the first or second manga, he makes the biker go into a traffic accident. It just looks so cool to have a Death Note (not that I'd kill everyone in the world with it).

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 03:42 PM
Mønkey
The Note

yeah Death Note is awesome! have you heard of the movie thats coming out?

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 02:49 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

dude where do u hear about this anima

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 04:20 AM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BunnyCupCakes
~*Bunny Gal*~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mønkey
yeah Death Note is awesome! have you heard of the movie thats coming out?

Heh,I heard about that alrite. I saw the preveiw but there's not much images on how the characters will look like in real life. Basically u can only see black & hear weird noises. Freaky preveiw but if your a real Death Note fan,I think its worth waiting for. I wanna see it sooo bad!!!

I love DN anywayz. My fav is L but too bad he......I won't say*cough*
Light's kool too but sometimes I think he's losing it. He's alittle wacko in the head 2 me...lol

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 02:04 AM
BunnyCupCakes is currently offline Click here to Send BunnyCupCakes a Private Message Find more posts by BunnyCupCakes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shroons

()()
('.")
(uu)
cool!eek! i made a bunny! sry for the randomness~

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 04:20 AM
Shroons is currently offline Click here to Send Shroons a Private Message Find more posts by Shroons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

Bunny! eek! cute!
quote: (post)
Originally posted by BunnyCupCakes
Heh,I heard about that alrite. I saw the preveiw but there's not much images on how the characters will look like in real life. Basically u can only see black & hear weird noises. Freaky preveiw but if your a real Death Note fan,I think its worth waiting for. I wanna see it sooo bad!!!

I love DN anywayz. My fav is L but too bad he......I won't say*cough*
Light's kool too but sometimes I think he's losing it. He's alittle wacko in the head 2 me...lol
'L' is me fav to! eek! and that *cough* bit was very very saddening... you gotta love Remu

anyway.. yes the trailer did look very very freaky i loved the floating apple bit.... creepy but cool... can't wait to see what the CG Shinigami look like!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 07:18 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BigVillain6
A slightly larger villain

Something that always struck me about this series is that in the first chapter or two Light had this kind of shiny/innocent look in his eye and then for the rest of the series he's all squinty/murderous. I'm serious, check it out.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 11:58 PM
BigVillain6 is currently offline Click here to Send BigVillain6 a Private Message Find more posts by BigVillain6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

*goes to check*

*rubs eyes and looks again*

hey! youe right! thats awesome!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 09:37 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

I saw book 1 in Books-A-Million while I was looking for other mangas. I was thinking about buying it, but it seemed a little too dark to me, so I decided not to.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:13 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

i saw it at the bookstore, and only read the first few pages and it does seem interesting, though slightly morbid...
i will check it out now.

does this work?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 02:49 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote