KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Favorite 80's Anime

Favorite 80's Anime
Started by: Clone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clone
War Goddess

Favorite 80's Anime

What was your favorite anime out of the 80's? (or lower, or early 90's)

Mine was City Hunter, Record of Lodoss War and Ranma 1/2!

Old Post May 16th, 2006 06:25 PM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustOwnin

Mobile Suit Gundam
Macross (brought over to America as Robotech)
Transformers
Dragon Ball!
Star Blazers
Madox
Urusei Yatsura
Ranma ½
and my top favourite the cyber punk~ Bubblegum Crisis

Old Post May 16th, 2006 10:53 PM
JustOwnin is currently offline Click here to Send JustOwnin a Private Message Find more posts by JustOwnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Outcesticide

- Ranma 1/2
- Bubblegum Crisis
- Astroboy (60's anime)
- Princess Millenia
- Robotech
- Galaxy Express 999

I forgot the rest.....

Old Post May 17th, 2006 08:18 PM
Outcesticide is currently offline Click here to Send Outcesticide a Private Message Find more posts by Outcesticide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

quote: (post)
Originally posted by moises

- Princess Millenia

Princess Millenia (which is a prequel to the Universe of Captain Harlock)
Captain Harlock
and either Galaxy Express 999 or Queen Emeralda afterwards... both are related to the mythos, but not necessarily to the timeline. big grin

Old Post May 17th, 2006 08:31 PM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Outcesticide

Originally posted by Clone
Princess Millenia (which is a prequel to the Universe of Captain Harlock)
Captain Harlock
and either Galaxy Express 999 or Queen Emeralda afterwards... both are related to the mythos, but not necessarily to the timeline. big grin

That's right. You just reminded me of more 80s anime!

- Saint Seiya
- Transformers (i think that was my first)

Old Post May 17th, 2006 08:51 PM
Outcesticide is currently offline Click here to Send Outcesticide a Private Message Find more posts by Outcesticide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

I forgot to mention Akira .....considered the beginning of the second wave of anime fandom!

Old Post May 18th, 2006 01:07 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Voltron!

Do keep in mind that certain animes series shown during the 80's were actually made in the 70's in Japan.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 03:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

Originally posted by Clone
I forgot to mention Akira .....considered the beginning of the second wave of anime fandom!
i love Akira!!! and Voltron

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post May 19th, 2006 04:24 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Voltron-The Lion Force!
StarBlazers--Thundercats was good.

The first film to spawn my love for Japanese animation was
The Last Unicorn--I was like 9 or 10 when that came out. Made by the same guy that did Thundercats. Takashi...God, what was his name? Anybody remember? That's gonna bug me til I remember.

Love Transformers and GI Joe, but I wouldn't categorize them as anime.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:42 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deus Void

I've stumped everyone else with this one, I may as well try you guys.

In the early to mid 80's there was a show on that I have no recall of the title and no one has been able to help me out from the description.

From what I can remember it was about a guy on a spaceship who was separated from his daughter and he's on a quest to find her. I remember that apparently the girl was telepathic because he kept having visions / messages from her.

That's really all I remember except that I really liked the show and that it came on weekday mornings before school, between episodes of Voltron and Robotech. I'd always get up early just to watch them. I don't remember the exact station it was on except that it was a station out of New York.

Does any of this ring any bells for anyone?

-Void

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 01:41 PM
Deus Void is currently offline Click here to Send Deus Void a Private Message Find more posts by Deus Void Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sai1

Slayers

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 02:25 PM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Saint Seiya

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 04:50 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Osaka
Bonkura

Project Ako
Bubblegum Crisis
Sol Bianca

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 05:30 PM
Osaka is currently offline Click here to Send Osaka a Private Message Find more posts by Osaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

Slayers
Tenchi Muyo
Ranma 1/2

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 03:45 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

The last from super robot genre Space Warriors Baldios (1980) Japan.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:00 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

Lupin The 3RD which I beileve is a 70's Anime, ohwell, I beileve DragonBall Z was finished in 85 but I again am not sure when it was truly made

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:36 PM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ReallyRandomGuy

Originally posted by Deus Void
I've stumped everyone else with this one, I may as well try you guys.

In the early to mid 80's there was a show on that I have no recall of the title and no one has been able to help me out from the description.

From what I can remember it was about a guy on a spaceship who was separated from his daughter and he's on a quest to find her. I remember that apparently the girl was telepathic because he kept having visions / messages from her.

That's really all I remember except that I really liked the show and that it came on weekday mornings before school, between episodes of Voltron and Robotech. I'd always get up early just to watch them. I don't remember the exact station it was on except that it was a station out of New York.

Does any of this ring any bells for anyone?

-Void

Hi Void,

The Cartoon/Anime is "Ulysses 31" and it was his son, the girl was an alien race that has telepathic powers all the same teaching his son to communicate with his father's mind 'Ulysses' ...

here is the INTRO, might bring you back...
in youtube /watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

this is the wiki info : in wikipedia /wiki/Ulysses_31

this is one of those great series that got less media attention it came out same time as Saint Seya...so you can imagine no other cartoon/anime at that time that was so addicting than Saint Seya, Speed Racer in the states, but yes Ulysses 31 also is great but less room coz all the kids where either stuck with Macross/Robotech or Transformers and G.I. Joe...and don't forget HE-MAN...LOL

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:18 AM
ReallyRandomGuy is currently offline Click here to Send ReallyRandomGuy a Private Message Find more posts by ReallyRandomGuy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Fist of the North Star
Dragon Ball Z
Ronin Warriors
Saint Seiya

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:34 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Fist of the North Star!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 03:38 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Fist of the North Star
Dragon Ball Z
Ronin Warriors
Saint Seiya

All of that, and Lupin III.

But for clarity, when did G Gundam originally air? It was one of my two or three favorite Gundam continuities, and it seems like one of the older ones, barring the original.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 04:33 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote