KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Official Death Note Thread

Official Death Note Thread
Started by: Shieldbou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shieldbou

Official Death Note Thread

Wow, am I surprised not to see this one in the directory confused

Death Note

Where to begin... there are times in our lives where we all need to try something different, was it when you first picked up manga? Bought a book from a series just out? Death Note certainly falls into the 'different' category. When I was given the 1st volume as a present, I didn't know what was in store for me. And well, It was a change for the best. Screw Naruto, Bleach and Inu Yasha. Those were the words that raced through my head when I finished it. (Though, who does like Inu Yasha? and maybe Bleach...sorry Dsmile Death note is an intellectual cat and mouse chase between a mastermind detective (and an anorexic wink ) 'L' who is determined to find 'Kira' who turns out to be a smart high-schooler who wants to rid the earth of all criminals with the use of his 'Death Note' a book with the ability to kill anyone who's name is written in it with their face present in the writers mind.
Call me crazy, but Death Note is one of the most gripping, exciting and generally awesome mangas I have read! Now, I've generally veered out of my Manga reading days, but I'll never refuse Death Note. If you haven't read it..read it if you haven't bought it...then buy it. All I can say is that it breathes fresh air into this generation of Manga and anime *shudder*.

What are your thoughts on the series?

SB

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:53 PM
Shieldbou is currently offline Click here to Send Shieldbou a Private Message Find more posts by Shieldbou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

I think that it's a good series. It makes you think, while most anime and manga just make you sit there and stare for about twenty-two minutes. And there's violence, just not...conventional violence. Well, not much until the Mello and Near arc starts up.
I'm currently obsessed with it. Mostly the Wammy Boys, thank you very much.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 03:31 AM
MelloDraMattIc is currently offline Click here to Send MelloDraMattIc a Private Message Find more posts by MelloDraMattIc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* still hoped L did not die very early in the series... i think L makes the story exciting... smile

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 02:47 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Yea after L was gone the series didn't hold me like it had. Not to say it was bad afterwards just L was one of the reasons I liked it so much. Near, Mello, and Light weren't really characters I liked.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 03:16 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

It’s a great anime and manga all around, one of my all time favs. I’m kinda pissed that L died and so was defeated by Kira. I really had my money on L. I still read and tune in to see Light get what he deserves for killing L…GO NEAR!

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 03:49 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

Didn't the volume in which L died in the manga sell less copies than all of the other volumes?

Old Post May 4th, 2008 05:39 AM
MelloDraMattIc is currently offline Click here to Send MelloDraMattIc a Private Message Find more posts by MelloDraMattIc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Really? That's weird if it did.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 06:15 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

Yeah...I was reading a Death Note webcomic, and they were talking about that.
ALSO....What do you guys think of the voices of the characters in the English version? (Well, Mikami and Matt haven't showed up yet, but most of the characters have)
My Opinion:
I LOVED L's English-version voice.
Near's voice is okay.
Mello's voice is okay and all, but it's just not what I imagined.
Sidoh's voice is...unusual (all given respect to the voice actor!!)
Misa's voice was just how I imagined it.
Light's voice is good.
Ryuk's voice is good.
Rem's voice is (was?) good. Most people thought she was a guy, and I don't know how they were going to do it, but I think they did well.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 02:45 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I only really remember Ryuk's, and Light's voices...but I like them. Course I only seen like two episodes really, and the only reason I remember them is because I've heard them on other things.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 03:00 AM
Sancty
-

The Japanese version is a lot better. Light and L sound sooo much cooler. Light sounds terrible in the English version.

Bumping cause Death Note is teh awesome.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 10:51 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

That smug and cocky bastard got what he deserved...

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 11:38 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who's everyones favorite shinagami ?

mine would have to be Ryuk.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 01:08 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

Yes, yes. Ryuk is awesome.
So is the King of Shinigami, although no one has seen him before...which is interesting since they're making an action figure of him.

That reminds me...
There is no explanation of how Shinigami come to life or anything. I think that people who used or were deeply effected by the Death Note (like L) would instead of going to MU would actually become Shinigami.
What do you guys think?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 10:40 PM
NemeBro

The series was not as good after L died IMO.

And Ryuk is the shiznit.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MelloDraMattIc
Sherriff Of Emo Town.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The series was not as good after L died IMO.

It had the potential, though. I think that the main problem was that it was rushed, and we didn't get time to get to know Mello or Near or Matt like we got to know L, and that's sad.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You think they should make another Death Note series? Light was just a kid mad with power. Like to see who else goes crazy with the notebook.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MelloDraMattIc

That reminds me...
There is no explanation of how Shinigami come to life or anything. I think that people who used or were deeply effected by the Death Note (like L) would instead of going to MU would actually become Shinigami.
What do you guys think?

MU ??

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 08:46 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

MU? Dude, don't you mean the afterlife or whatever?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 09:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah mello

Talk !!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 09:08 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Multi-Universe? Just a guess.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 09:10 AM