KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The official BERSERK Thread

The official BERSERK Thread
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

The official BERSERK Thread

discuss whatever you want to about the coolest adult manga ever written: BERSERK

anyone read the latest issue?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 07:57 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Can we talk about the anime too?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 08:10 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

The Dragon Slayer is BA. yes

For Fritos.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 09:49 PM
Stealth is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

just watched Berserk 13th episode. WTF!? Griffith!? he did "that" with a king?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 04:35 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Can we talk about the anime too?

sure.........anything berserk goes. heck you can even talk about Evil Dead if you want because Miura was inspired from it as he said himself.

quote:
The Dragon Slayer is BA.

its a bachelors in badassery normally.....but when Guts starts swinging it then its a certified PhD.

quote:
just watched Berserk 13th episode. WTF!? Griffith!? he did "that" with a king?

heh....well, that's how things are. hence, the expression "life f0cks us over" big grin

so i take that none of you have read the latest issue? confused
honestly, i'm getting a little irritated with Miura. if you compare the present series with the initial issues, one issue back then was up to 30 pages. the latest issues are 20 pages max and that's including front page, ads and the "coming soon" page. i also don't like the whole inclusion of kushans either but its good that griffith is pwning them up.

thoughts?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 05:06 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

I'm on the latest chapter 300.

For Fritos.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 12:30 PM
Stealth is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

do you think that miura's work has declined interms of quality?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:07 PM
Stealth
Ranger

Well in terms of pages yes. However its seems the creator spends alot of time on detail shading and illustrating the characters.

If you take time to notice it you'll realize one page of Berserk is alot more difficult to fully illustrate than a whole chapter of Naruto or Bleach. Plus the pages are more plentiful size wise than most Shonen Jump manga pages most of the time. Just check out 300; There was like 7 pages that were fully extended. You'll usually get that once in a whole chapter of Naruto.

I guess that's why it takes so long for one chapter to come out for Berserk. It's a trade off. Less pages for more detail. Same goes for detail. Either that or the creator is lazy. lol

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Have you seen the illustration of the Beast of the Apocalypse? Drawing that abomination must be maddening.

For Fritos.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:40 PM
Stealth
Ranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth
Less pages for more detail. Same goes for the slow speed of the manga's production. Detail is time consuming. Either that or the creator is lazy. lol

Sorry for the double post. Had to correct that. stick out tongue

For Fritos.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 09:02 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

you have a point but its not that the detail was not there before. muira was always meticulous in his work. i think he wants to get it over with because he said himself that he wants to move on to other projects...which i can understand. if i had to work on something for 10 years i'd also get pretty upset. still, i'd try NOT letting down my fans.

and wtf? another haitus?!

Last edited by Sado22 on Dec 15th, 2008 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 08:44 PM
Stealth
Ranger

lol I forgot he's been working on this for awhile.

For Fritos.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 10:02 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Sorry for bumping old thread. But I heard Miura suspended Berserk just for playing Idolmaster. Anyone can explain this?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:16 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eman5805
Soulful Brother

Man, I REALLY hope not. This Spring I started reading it from chapter one and worked my way all the way up to the latest so I never experienced his long, long, long delay between chapters until now. Now I'm jonesing for some more.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:39 PM
Eman5805 is currently offline Click here to Send Eman5805 a Private Message Find more posts by Eman5805 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Stealth
Well in terms of pages yes. However its seems the creator spends alot of time on detail shading and illustrating the characters.

If you take time to notice it you'll realize one page of Berserk is alot more difficult to fully illustrate than a whole chapter of Naruto or Bleach. Plus the pages are more plentiful size wise than most Shonen Jump manga pages most of the time. Just check out 300; There was like 7 pages that were fully extended. You'll usually get that once in a whole chapter of Naruto.

I guess that's why it takes so long for one chapter to come out for Berserk. It's a trade off. Less pages for more detail. Same goes for detail. Either that or the creator is lazy. lol

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Have you seen the illustration of the Beast of the Apocalypse? Drawing that abomination must be maddening.

I hope you respond:

They have teams that illustrate Naruto and bleach. It's not just one person.

However, I may be correct in saying that it is one person drawing Berserk.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 02:40 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Originally posted by dadudemon
I hope you respond:

They have teams that illustrate Naruto and bleach. It's not just one person.

However, I may be correct in saying that it is one person drawing Berserk.
No surprise there about Naruto and Bleach. It's extremely mainstream so it's logical to have a team.

For Fritos.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 04:30 AM
dadudemon

On another note, Santa Clause merged the Real world with the Fantasy world. Even though they both existed and were real, they are now overlapped and merged.

Some people hate that it got all fantasy on us. I say that they are stupid because from the very first volume, we knew it was going to be fantasy. A friggin fairy hinted to the fantasy world and Guts was attacked by demons, etc. If you didn't want unicorns and fairies, then you should have stopped reading it in the first volume when there were fairies. no expression

I like where this is going and I hope they get to that Fairy Island and Guts gets healed along with his lady. Maybe he can get his arm and eye back.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 05:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eman5805
Soulful Brother

I think all this does is allow for Guts to level the playing field actually. I mean what realistic way could he beat Femto and the new Band of Hawk with just a couple regular humans with some magic weapons and a loli witch? Now he might get some Apostle like allies of his own.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 11:55 PM
Eman5805 is currently offline Click here to Send Eman5805 a Private Message Find more posts by Eman5805 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Eman5805
I think all this does is allow for Guts to level the playing field actually. I mean what realistic way could he beat Femto and the new Band of Hawk with just a couple regular humans with some magic weapons and a loli witch? Now he might get some Apostle like allies of his own.

I was thinking that we would see a "light" side of things.

We have the "dark" side with their evil enslavement of man through wishes and supernatural powers. But where si the response to this? There is not light, no supernatural augmentation of good.

Griffith/Femto is the angel of darkness. Guts is warrior of the light...but he is no angel.

So, I was thinking that, eventually, we would get an augmention that puts Guts on level with the Godhand. Guts has no chance of even coming close to the powers of the Godhand. He cannot, right now, even touch them, even if he wanted to.

Something has to change to allow him to proceed.

Surely the fairy king will not be the angel of light, the counter to Femto's yang. That would be lame.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 12:18 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

another cuntgargling hiatus! damn it Miura is pissing me off! mad

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: does anyone else think that the beast within guts will get stronger now that gut was hit by that wave of light as well. since its bringing out demons and evil spirits, is possible that the beast will somehow get a phsyical form...or will it just get a stronger hold over guts?

quote:
Surely the fairy king will not be the angel of light, the counter to Femto's yang. That would be lame

agreed. that would be VERY lame. i think the point of berserk is the whole "man is the measure of all things" philosophy and with that in mind, guts gettng help from anykind of angel or demon would somewhat kill the point.
i was already a little divided between the berserker armor stuff (because even though it makes all the sense in the world, guts having to rely on something else kinda kills it for me). if hanafuba does anything besides cure Caska or maybe heal guts's wounds, i'd be pretty disappointed.

to me, the best aspect of berserk IS that there is no good and evil. Griffith is a demon but he's uniting the world. guts is the "hero" of the story but ultimately he's the one trying to kill the messiah. itsl ike having Judas Iscariot as the main character of a story. on top of that, Guts is far from a noble person while Griffith is the one granting hope to people.

which gets me to my next point: do you guys also feel that Guts has mellowed a LOT from his original appearance. given how antisocial and cold he was, current guts is practically a plushie.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Aug 2nd, 2009 at 07:05 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 06:59 AM
menokokoro

ok so i watched the anime and was pissed off by the ending, so i started to read the manga got to the part with the guy with the flat face from smacking it on the floor as a prayor, guts finnished that fight and all but then i found out that they are still being made......i was expecting to finnish the story.

anyway i wanted to know if they are actually developing the main story or not so i can know if it would be worth reading again, and can someone send me a link to where i can read it from?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 05:13 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote