KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Best Dubbed Anime

Best Dubbed Anime
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Best Dubbed Anime

IMO, Pokemon

The English dubs for Team Rocket is perfect!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 05:04 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I love Pokemon as much as the next person, but saying it's the best dubbed anime should be considered the greatest of unforgivable act of sin.

That said, DBZ is the best dub out there.

Actually, that's a lie. Rurouni Kenshin is pretty easily the best IMO.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 06:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Outlaw Star easily. One of the only series where not only did the cast all fit perfectly, they fit significantly better than the original Japanese cast did as well.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 07:24 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I don't remember for my life how Outlaw Star' english dub sounded.

I like Samurai Champloo's dub. I always though Steven J Blum's voice fit best with Mugen, among the other three or so dozen characters he's voiced.

As far animes that had better english dubs than original jp dubs go, I would honestly have to say DBZ, due in part to how bad I thought the JP dub itself was.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 08:35 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

the best dub is DBZ. Full Metal Alchemist comes in second.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 03:00 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I love Pokemon as much as the next person, but saying it's the best dubbed anime should be considered the greatest of unforgivable act of sin.

BLASPHEMY!

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 03:58 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Mobile Suit Gundam
Street Fighter 2 the animated movie
Samurai 7
Yu Yu Hakusho
DBZ (towards the middle of the Freeza Saga)
Generator Gawl

Made by DW

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 04:32 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

DBZ (Especially in the Freeza saga and onwards), seems like a great choice, especially considering how much better it was than the original Japanese.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good one.

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

Does Afro Samurai count, even though it had no original Japanese, it had ****ing Samuel L. Jackson and Ron Perlman for Christ's sake.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 04:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hellspawn28

NGE, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing OVA, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 05:11 PM
Hellspawn28 is currently offline Click here to Send Hellspawn28 a Private Message Find more posts by Hellspawn28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Hellspawn28
NGE, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing OVA, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

erm

The Hellsing dubs sucked.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 07:09 PM
dadudemon

Generally, I think the original Japanese dubs suck, so it doesn't take much to improve on them.

That said, there are MANY anime dubs that somehow succeed at being as bad as or worse than the japanese voice acting.

That said, higher quality shows usually have better English voice acting than the original...almost across the board. An exception would be Naruto. They are fairly equal.

Some great dubs were mentioned above.

Unfortunately, Afro Samurai wasn't a dub, or else I would chose that. big grin

I only watched Samurai Champloo in Japanese. I really prefer to watch every anime in Japanese, not because it's some sort of linguistic fetish or something...but because some things are lost in translation due to the English dub trying to match the mouths.

Retardedly enough, the Japanese seem to be out of sync with the characters, quite often. Even "high yen" (I don't know what they say for "high dollar", over in Japan, lol.) shows like Bleach have out of sync voice acting. It's rather stupid, really, which is one of the reasons I say most Japanese voice acting sucks.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 07:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Yu Yu Hakusho was dubbed really well

We are True Avengers

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 09:25 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

s-cry-ed was done well too

We are True Avengers

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 09:49 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by NemeBro
DBZ (Especially in the Freeza saga and onwards), seems like a great choice, especially considering how much better it was than the original Japanese.

I agree completely. I could not even watch DBZ Kai subbed because of how retarded Goku's voice sounds.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:27 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
I agree completely. I could not even watch DBZ Kai subbed because of how retarded Goku's voice sounds.

It's that bad?

Yeah, I don't like the fact that it's a really high pitched, annoying, females voice.

Same with Naruto....cept not nearly as bad. I wish they would cast a male for Naruto's voice as his voice should have changed when he was 12. no expression

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 03:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Vegeta had an awesome voice in the jap. show though.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 03:44 AM
Demonic Phoenix

^ Doesn't beat Sabat's voice acting though imo.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:10 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Doesn't beat Sabat's voice acting though imo.
Who doesn't beat Brian Drummond imo.

But I actually like Gokou's Japanese VA.

I liked Ultimate Muscle's dub. Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo both are great dubs. I also liked Fist of the North Star's dub, and the original Akira dub.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:17 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kento
I liked Ultimate Muscle's dub. Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo both are great dubs. I also liked Fist of the North Star's dub, and the original Akira dub.

Yeah, I liked FotNS Kenshiro's voice. I liked the bruce lee sounds he made. Lame, I know...but, I'm a nerd like that.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:48 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, I liked FotNS Kenshiro's voice. I liked the bruce lee sounds he made. Lame, I know...but, I'm a nerd like that.
lol That's pretty much in the Dub and orignal. But yes it is one of the many reasons the show is awesome.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:50 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote