KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Favorite intro theme?

Favorite intro theme?
Started by: First_Tsurugi06

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Favorite intro theme?

Among the several anime intros, there are many with popular songs to go with them. Of the ones you know, which would you pick as your favorite(s)? I bring this up now because I was finally arsed to recall one of my personal favorites:

Through the Night, the Outlaw Star intro song

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 02:42 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 03:32 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Through the Night is indeed bad ass.

The intro for Slayers TRY has some really great flamenco guitar and atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZY4...feature=related

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 04:21 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Bump. There's also this one from an anime called Bakuretsu Hunters that I watched about two or three episodes of back when I was like, fifteen. The song's called What's Up Guys, and it's the one thing I remember best from that show.

Always thought it seemed like a pretty unique anime in the sense that for one, its main protagonist was awfully ordinary in appearance and clothing (and yet, he turns into this gigantic minotaur thing).

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Apr 10th, 2010 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2010 07:22 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

We are True Avengers

Old Post Apr 11th, 2010 02:00 AM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Accept no substitutes

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 08:19 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 09:36 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe...mp;feature=fvst and quite a few of the naruto intro's including the current one, but the last one was my favorite, i dont know which i like more trigun or this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3bDl56R97M

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 12:29 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The outlaw star theme certainly was awesome. I think my heart may always belong to Evangelion, however.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 12:34 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

oh, i forgot about eva....hmmm, i may have to change my answer

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 02:30 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

in order from favorite to least of my top favs.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Apr 13th, 2010 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 02:58 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Great intros guys! Hikaru No Go wins for me. Western Ironman!

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 13th, 2010 at 03:52 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 03:49 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

both high quality smile

Old Post Apr 13th, 2010 04:06 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

I think the best Anime theme is the one for Air gear : Chain I listen to that joint every time I go Parkouring it sounds awesome with it

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 06:39 PM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kava_kava

i wonder how bias this is to your fav anime? really intros become faves no matter if they're lame, just because the music reminds someone of that anime and when they first started watching it.

but i still get a kick out of watching paranoia agent's intro. (not bias)

Old Post May 5th, 2010 09:23 PM
kava_kava is currently offline Click here to Send kava_kava a Private Message Find more posts by kava_kava Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Hands down the greatest intro ever!

The 1st time ever where the english intro is better than the JP version.

Close 2nds

I miss the 90s.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on May 6th, 2010 at 02:31 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2010 02:21 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

Old Post May 6th, 2010 02:46 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I loved the G Gundam one. I remember tuning in every Saturday night on Toonami to watch it just so I could watch the intro (which they always refused to play on weekdays).

And perhaps to add variety to the topic, feel free to also bring up some of your least favorite anime openings as well.

For me, it would have to be Lucky Star's opening. I actually quite like the anime; I find it's slice-of-life atmosphere to be endearing and I sincerely wish they'd renew it for another season or two (not necessarily mainstream, but...) but to start each episode with a cheerleading tribute-whatever dance (I hate cheerleading for one--it's no sport, and there's less to spectate than a pep rally for a charity basketball game involving a middle school staff) literally caused an aching sensation in my ears. I'd go so far as to say it gave me, for the first time, a feeling of emasclation...and it stings.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 21st, 2010 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 04:00 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The one and only.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 07:36 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Cool. Never did watch that anime actually. Any good?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 11:17 AM