KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » ghibli studio

ghibli studio
Started by: rudester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudester
Tommy

ghibli studio

Anyone into Ghibli films? If so what are you fav ones?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 01:00 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

princess mononoke

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 01:33 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Did you know that Studio Ghibli is also working on an RPG game too?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 08:04 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
princess mononoke
this.

i saw Ponyo a little while ago. twas decent.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 08:26 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Wow. Finally a Ghibli thread.

Yes, I watched Ghibli movies but, I haven't watched all of them. If you ask me about my favorite Ghibli Movie, it's Totoro and Mononoke Hime. I haven't watched the newest like The Secret World of Arrietty though...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 01:27 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Did you know that Studio Ghibli is also working on an RPG game too?

They were in 2010. I think you are refering to Ni no kuni (Second Country or "The Another World") in which they did the cut-scenes while Level-5 is making the rest?

It's been out since 2009 on DS (Japan only), out on Playstation 3 (Japan only) and will FINALLY go international: USA (Q4 2012) & Europe (Q1 2013 sad)

As to the original question:
all of them besides The Grave of the Fireflies because that's the most depressing piece I've ever seen! I believe it still lies in my freezer and I aint planning on getting it out!

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 08:42 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Howl’s Moving Castle.

Hands down my favorite from Studio Ghibli.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:01 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old thread is old. I dig it.

A lot of them:

Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo. You can get (almost) every movie ever made by Ghibli for dirt cheap. I know this because I own it, I believe it comes with 18 movies for $17.

Btw, those of you who enjoy Studio Ghibli should check out some films similar to theirs but obvs not made by them:

1. Sword of the Stranger - This may as well be a Ghibli film, only it's pretty action-oriented, but the animation and fight scenes are some of the best you'll ever see, period. The story's also pretty good.

2. A Silent Voice - Very emotionally gripping through-out.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 07:12 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Was a silent voice ghibli?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 01:49 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Never mind. Just skimmed it

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:04 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sword of the Stranger - This may as well be a Ghibli film, only it's pretty action-oriented, but the animation and fight scenes are some of the best you'll ever see, period. The story's also pretty good.

It's nothing like a Ghibli film. But, yeah, the final fight is kino.

Princess Mononoke is the best Ghibli film BTW.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:30 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I prefer porco rosso

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:44 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
It's nothing like a Ghibli film. But, yeah, the final fight is kino.

Princess Mononoke is the best Ghibli film BTW.
It's storyline would fit in just fine.

Yes it has more realistic scenarios and animation, but the story goes in line with it.

"[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In the 14th century, the harmony that humans, animals and gods have enjoyed begins to crumble. The protagonist, young Ashitaka - infected by an animal attack, seeks a cure from the deer-like god Shishigami. In his travels, he sees humans ravaging the earth, bringing down the wrath of wolf god Moro and his human companion Princess Mononoke. His attempts to broker peace between her and the humans brings only conflict."

"[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The film follows Kotaro, a boy who is hunted by a group of Ming swordsmen due to mysterious reasons. Among the group is a fearsome Western fighter named Luo-Lang, whose only desire is to find a worthy opponent. Kotaro and his dog find "Nanashi", a nameless ronin who has a mysterious past that led him to forbid drawing his own sword again. When the Ming warriors clash with a feudal lord, a proud general, and monks divided between faith and survival, the reason behind the persecution of the Ming group tests the bond between Kotaro and Nanashi. "

Again, take the gods out and you could potentially see a parrelel.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 03:32 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Grave of the Fireflies is the best, but any movie from Ghibli was very good. Out of all those legendary Ghibli animes, Mononoke-hime was my least favorite, but still good.

Sword of the Stranger is not Ghibli, but very good though.

Last edited by Inedian on Jun 16th, 2020 at 05:40 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 05:32 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote