KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Fate Stay Night remake

Fate Stay Night remake
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Fate Stay Night remake

This fall will bring us the remake of an anime that had lots of potential but ultimately failed to deliver on all fronts: Fate Stay Night. From the studio that brought us Fate Zero. FZ was 10 times better than FSN and it is one of my top 5 anime of all time. It had amazing fight scenes, animation and a pretty good mature story. I can't wait to see what Ufotable will do with Fate Stay Night. Needless to say I'd say its safe to say it will be 2 times better than the original series and I want to see how much fan service(not-that kind mind you) and tie-ins to Fate Zero we will get.

Edit Supposedly it is going to be some sort of 4th route.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Feb 10th, 2014 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 04:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

That's good. The original Fate/stay night anime adaptation was utter trash tbh.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2014 06:49 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Agreed. Only reason I got through to the end was the Fate Zero hype.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2014 08:34 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

(please log in to view the image)

hype

Old Post May 8th, 2014 06:00 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

indeed. Hype. Cannot wait.

Old Post May 8th, 2014 08:41 PM
TheTyrant

(please log in to view the image)

Hype.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 07:04 AM
NemeBro

So this means I won't have to suffer through a sub-par adaptation once FinalAnswer and I finish Fate Zero?

Good.

Alexander the Great is best servant though.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 08:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Broskander for the win thumb up

I think the first episode is up. I have yet to see it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:01 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Ufotable is KING.

Badass prologue episode. Already better than any fight scene in the original anime.

TRACE ON MOTHER ****ers!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 02:46 AM
wakkawakkawakka

So I wonder if Ufotable will magically make Shiro less of a generic little shit.

As for being being better than the original, that's not really saying much but the animation was top notch.

Though a part of me is a tad disappointed that they went for UBW instead of HF.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 04:01 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Same here. I wanted Heaven's feel, but totally dig UBW tho. That route deserved a series. I think they will still go for heaven's feel if their work continues to be critically acclaimed.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:16 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I also like how they used Rin to tie UBW with Fate Zero. Also really into the exploration of Rin and Archer's relationship. The more I think about it the more I like it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:49 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I like that too. In fact the only real problem I'm having with this is that, while in a very mediocre adaptation, I've seen it before whereas Fate Zero was fresh off the line: at least that's my take on it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 08:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Finished the first season of Fate Zero.

Really liking it, should I get mad hype for Fate Stay Night? Is it as good!?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 06:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro

Pfft...while the remake shows promise, I wouldn't get any hopes up for dealing with its main lead. Zack knows what I mean.

Though Fate Zero should continue to impress at the pace you're going at.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 02:08 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Did anyone else catch the episode of Fate Stay night that came out. Dat animation was dope.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:01 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Tell me you guys saw the first episode... I never thought Ufotable could beat the animation for their fight scene between Saber and Lancer in Fate Zero but I will be damned. That was the most awesome shit I've seen in years.

I was left speechless.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 09:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Now all Ufotable has to do is make sure Shiro is bearable throughout this adaptation. Though now I really want to know how Ufotable is affording all of this AAA animation? This was even better than Lancer vs Archer last week IMO.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:14 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Ufotable has a habit of blowing up their budget on the first fight scenes(happened in Zero and Blast of Tempest) so we might get lower end scenes down the line.

I'm hoping that ain't the case though, and that they simply decided to go balls deep into being awesome. I'[d like to think they are just really, really into this adaptation. Certainly looks like it. Feels like movie quality.

True about Shirou. I'm thinking they will make him more bearable. He was not that bad in the UBW movie/path. He was certainly more badass.

Man...Saber is so epic. Love how she is all action.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:28 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro

Season 1 ended when the kings unite to have diner and discuss their ideologies, right? One of my favorite episodes right there. Seeing them all peacefully interact and exchange views. Coupled with the reveal of Alexander's phenomenal Noble Phatasm. thumb up

The new showis looking very promising thus far. Top notch animation, pace and everything feels coherent(only 2 episodes thus far, but it feels that way to me) I think you will like it if you like Zero.

Tl;dr: GET HYPED.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 10:27 PM