KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Energy attacks in Z

Energy attacks in Z
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Energy attacks in Z

I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:11 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

Re: Energy attacks in Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I know this is dumb to argue, because it's a cartoon, but is their any plausible explanation why Vegeta with a power level of 18,000's Galick Gun could destroy the Earth, when an angry Super Buu just made a crater when he self-destructed. By the Buu Saga, any characters weakest ki blast should have the power to destroy a planet. Maybe the energy has to burrow into the core of the planet, yet Vegeta blew up Arlia AND it's moon, just fine from orbit. Does anyone have any ideas?
his power level was more like 15,000.....

ANYWAY to answer your question im assuming that as earth heals it some how becomes stronger in the DBZ universe. Kinda far fetched but i never really thought about this question

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:45 AM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Energy attacks in DBZ cannot be gauged solely by the amount of collateral damage they cause. If that were the case then Roshi, with a PL of 180, would be one of the most powerful characters in the mythos, given that he generated a moon-buster.

No, the Z Fighters are simply able to concentrate their blasts so they still deliver the maximum amount of damage to their opponent, without the planet being destroyed as a result.

Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
his power level was more like 15,000.....
Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 5th, 2015 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Cui or whatever his name was said his level was 18,000, "same as you Vegeta" before getting turned into dity fireworks.

Anywho, I just chalk it up to the series not being able to destroy the planet every time a character with 18k+ fought on it. /shrug

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:50 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

Originally posted by Damborgson
Cui or whatever his name was said his level was 18,000, "same as you Vegeta" before getting turned into dity fireworks.

Anywho, I just chalk it up to the series not being able to destroy the planet every time a character with 18k+ fought on it. /shrug
yes but that was after his fight on earth. im talking before namek i believed it was at 15,000 But its been pointed out i may have been wrong
Originally posted by Galan007
Energy attacks in DBZ cannot be gauged solely by the amount of collateral damage they cause. If that were the case then Roshi, with a PL of 180, would be one of the most powerful characters in the mythos, given that he generated a moon-buster.

No, the Z Fighters are simply able to concentrate their blasts so they still deliver the maximum amount of damage to their opponent, without the planet being destroyed as a result.

Vegeta's PL during the Saiyan saga was 18,000. I can post the canon Daizenshuu and V-Jump pages if you'd like. smile
please post them

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:58 AM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
yes but that was after his fight on earth. im talking before namek i believed it was at 15,000 But its been pointed out i may have been wrong
please post them

From V-Jump:
http://i.imgur.com/SrEFwwb.jpg

From the Daizenshuu:
http://i.imgur.com/IuTL7kZ.jpg

From the VIZ manga:
Zarbon: "24,000?! That's higher than ours!!"
Dodoria: "It's impossible!! Vegeta could barely get up to 18,000 before!"

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 5th, 2015 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 04:10 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

^thank you.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 04:12 AM
NemeBro

thumb up

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 05:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This. Collateral damage means little in comics or anime. Abstract beings has fought on planets before without them giving way.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mystify
The Legend

Considering Z characters and their capacity for ki manipulation, perhaps most of the explosive force was concentrated into the area of the explosion?

You know, so there's a lot more damage infliction to those caught in the field of the explosion.

Super Buu wasn't planning to die, anyway.

Last edited by Mystify on Feb 2nd, 2015 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:47 AM
Mystify is currently offline Click here to Send Mystify a Private Message Find more posts by Mystify Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Welcome to fiction where planet busting characters going all out only causes small craters because lolfiction /discussion

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 06:00 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by carver9
This. Collateral damage means little in comics or anime. Abstract beings has fought on planets before without them giving way.

Stop hating on Hulk Carv

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 10:54 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Dbz is inconsistent.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:05 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

DBZ is just as inconsistent as any other comic. Galactus has fought on Earth without it exploding. Doesn't mean he isn't a planet buster. It's common sense. Everything doesn't revolve around collateral damage. Frieza withstood a planets explosion, super Saiyan 2 Gohan could kill this same Frieza with a casual attack that wouldn't even level the room or area they were standing in. Same in Marvel and DC. Wolverine has survived a Nuke, Odin could kill Wolverine with an attack that wouldn't even destroy a barn.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 03:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by carver9
DBZ is just as inconsistent as any other comic. Galactus has fought on Earth without it exploding. Doesn't mean he isn't a planet buster. It's common sense. Everything doesn't revolve around collateral damage. Frieza withstood a planets explosion, super Saiyan 2 Gohan could kill this same Frieza with a casual attack that wouldn't even level the room or area they were standing in. Same in Marvel and DC. Wolverine has survived a Nuke, Odin could kill Wolverine with an attack that wouldn't even destroy a barn.

^ This.

It would be pointless to blow up a planet around a character if they could survive it like it was nothing, but if you can blast a planet buster within the confines of a human sized area, then you can invoke temperatures and force on par with solar level decimation, if not higher.

That's why Gohan was able to kill Frieza with a single punch in Fusion reborn. The same Frieza who survived being blasted with dozens of planet busters, and even a planet exploding on his face.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 10:13 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

DBZ IS DIMENSION-BUSTER!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 10:28 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Or......Vegeta was exaggerating

Arlia was filler

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 11:08 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Jmanghan
DBZ IS DIMENSION-BUSTER!

Dimensions can vary in size. (Ever played Metroid Prime 2?) You'll have to be more specific.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2015 11:18 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Re: Re: Energy attacks in Z

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Or......Vegeta was exaggerating

Arlia was filler

Why would Vegeta have exaggerated? Based on simply what we know of Vegeta, he's destroyed hundreds of planets before he even heard of the dragon balls.

Arlia was filler, but it's still accepted as secondary cannon by the Daizenshuu. So it's anime only, but it doesn't contradict anything in cannon, and in fact supports it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 10:23 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Sacred 117
Dimensions can vary in size. (Ever played Metroid Prime 2?) You'll have to be more specific.

At least the dimension that the DBZ universe resides in. Otherwise the Kai's and such wouldn't have been so scared that Buu was going to destroy "all of creation", by tearing apart dimensions with a scream.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 10:25 PM