KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Are They Omnipotent?

Are They Omnipotent?
Started by: BeyonderGod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BeyonderGod

Are They Omnipotent?

1. Lord of nightmares
2. Kami Tenchi
3. Featherine

If they are explain if they aren't tell why.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 08:52 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

1. LotN is NOT omnipotent. She is a transcendental being, that embodies chaos in her realm. Without life, there can be no chaos, meaning she would cease to exist if the universe were destroyed. She was sealed by a spell, or whatever, so she is NOT omnipotent, by any definition of the word.

2. Kami Tenchi could be, but he has no feats to support it. He is above the Chousin, but they aren't omnipotent either.

3. Featherine Augustus Aurora? Yes, she is omnipotent. As well as Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnimortal, and anything else you can think of. She is, going by her series claims, the creator and destroyer of every universe, and every multiverse, including our own. She is the person who wrote the story of creation itself, and created the destiny for every individual subatomic particle that exists throughout all of creation. She is the anime equivalent of characters like TOAA, MOM, The Presence, etc.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 10:13 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Featherine:
Wasn't she effected by drinking?.....
Wasn't their a unknown enemy who hurt her?......

I can understand the others but.......featherine?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 10:48 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

For Kami Tenchi, apparently he is to Chousin's as they are to normal humans. Even if Chousin's are Abstracts, this just makes Tenchi an Abstract^2, in the scale sense.

And Fetherine's wiki says she repeatedly kills herself from time to time for "living too long". And has items to help her remember things.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:08 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Yup she ain't omnipotent.......

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 12:30 AM
BeyonderGod

Also kami tenchi didn't exist before existence btw

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 12:31 AM
SSJGGogeta

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Featherine:
Wasn't she effected by drinking?.....
Wasn't their a unknown enemy who hurt her?......

I can understand the others but.......featherine?

What? No.

There was an enemy that damaged her apparently, but all it did was give birth to Hanyuu, an alternate version of herself. You can't kill her.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 06:46 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by BloodRain
For Kami Tenchi, apparently he is to Chousin's as they are to normal humans. Even if Chousin's are Abstracts, this just makes Tenchi an Abstract^2, in the scale sense.

And Fetherine's wiki says she repeatedly kills herself from time to time for "living too long". And has items to help her remember things.

Featherine gets bored, and dies sometimes, which has been explained as hibernation as well. She doesn't really die though, because she is there whenever she wants to be.

The floating device behind her head is her only weakness, as without it, she basically has short-term memory loss. However, Bernkastel said that even if she was 100 times stronger, she wouldn't be able to scratch it, and Bernkastel is a universe level gamemaster with the ability to alter reality, and change the outcome of probabilities.

I don't really know much about Tenchi though...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 06:55 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Can an omnipotent be limited in any way like even a pseudo hibernation, or a weakness?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 08:12 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Can an omnipotent be limited in any way like even a pseudo hibernation, or a weakness?

Yeah. Omnipotence doesn't mean unbeatable, or even unkillable. It just means you have infinite power, which can be translated to many things.

Hell, even the Hulk is technically, in a sense, omnipotent, as World Breaker Hulk. He can wield the Rage force to access infinite physical strength, making him technically omnipotent. However, he is very killable, and can be blitzed to no end.

Thanos with the IG was omnipotent, as well as many other things.

The truth to who here is omnipotent is in my first post.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:23 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Unless you think Hulk and Thanos can kill TOAA..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 12:13 AM
BeyonderGod

Lol featherine isn't omnipotent as omnipotent basically means all powerful/infinite basically you are absolute of featherine can kill herself she ain't omnipotent plus her crystal holds her memory so without any hat she isn't omniscient.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:20 AM
BeyonderGod

Dang!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:21 AM
BeyonderGod

Dang!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:35 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'll be using two definitions for omnipotence:
  1. The ability to perform any given possible action, i.e. the ability do anything logically possible.
  2. The ability to perform any given action be it a possible action or a contradiction, i.e. doing anything whether logically possible or not.

The canon source material for Slayers is the light novel series by Hajime Kanzaka in which the Lord of Nightmares clearly isn't omnipotent any of the given definitions. As shown in Slayers! Vol. 8 King of the City of Ghosts pages 163 - 164:
quote:
"OK I shall grant you destruction, Hellmaster Phibrizzo," I said "you shall have precisely what you desire." The golden-hued hair of the human Lina Inverse, who had become by center swayed in the air.

I crushed the void in my right hand with the greatest of ease. It simultaneously jumped across space and transferred into Phibrizzo's body. "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Hellmaster Phibrizzo screamed. At that same moment, I saw him leave an Astral Fragment within the void as he fled into the astral plane.
Leaving his tail behind like a lizard was his specialty. But that, too was absolutely futile. Though the Void, I chased Phibrizzo with my own power and slipped into the astral plane. When I caught his astral form, he resisted fiercely. "If you want Destruction," I told him, "then yield!" He only resisted more strongly in response. He was Afraid of me. He was confused by me. I extended a tentacle of void towards the desperately struggling Phibrizzo. Normally, I'd have simply run through a foe like Phibrizzo without difficulty. But I couldn't call forth all the power I pleased, possibly because I possessed a human being.
Another interesting piece of evidence is found in an interview with Hajime Kanzaka in BLASTER! Vol. 5 - 6:
quote:
Tamiki: Why does L-sama wish for the universes to be destroyed?
Kanzaka: Because she gets lonely easily. (laugh) She just wishes "Please don't go away from me! Please come back!", I guess.
So there are clear limits to what she can do as far as possible actions are concerned.

I have to go to work now, but neither Kami nor Featherine Augustus Aurora are omnipotent by any of the definitions either.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:31 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Omnipotence is bullshit

That is all

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:43 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

No.

That is omni.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 11:21 AM
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Lol featherine isn't omnipotent as omnipotent basically means all powerful/infinite basically you are absolute of featherine can kill herself she ain't omnipotent plus her crystal holds her memory so without any hat she isn't omniscient.

Yes, she is infinitely powerful. She created the entire omni-verse, meaning she apparently created the other series as well.

She called her entire series, "just a single particle of hydrogen, compared to the ocean of stories I've created."(not the exact quote, just from memory).

How is being able to kill herself contradictory to omnipotence? If anything, if you can't kill yourself, you AREN'T omnipotent, because omnipotence is the ability to perform ANY feat. thumb up

The floating device behind her head only discounts her omniscience. And the only reason she needs it is because she exists in every imaginable reality at the same time. She conjured it to allow herself to keep track of all those infinite thoughts and memories.

Eh, Marvel and DC omnipotents are a little different.

Hell, nearly half the universal abstracts in both series are omnipotent, but there is a single upper-echelon character in both series, that is even MORE omnipotent. It doesn't make sense, but, you know, plot convenience. It's like how some infinities are bigger than others.

Last edited by SSJGGogeta on Jan 14th, 2015 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 06:26 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

If there's a stronger character in your own fiction, you're not omnipotent.

Limited Omnipotence and Nigh-Omnipotence on the other hand is fine.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 10:27 PM
SSJGGogeta

If there's a stronger character in your own fiction, you're not omnipotent.

Limited Omnipotence and Nigh-Omnipotence on the other hand is fine.

Exactly.

You're not suggesting there is someone stronger than Featherine in Umineko though, are you?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 07:09 PM