KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Zenkai

Zenkai
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Zenkai

I was always wondering. Did Goku and the other Saiyans still receive zenkais after the Frieza Saga. I think Akira Toriyama said no, but I'm not sure of the source.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 02:17 AM
Darth Abonis is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Only Cell was stated to have gotten a Zenkai after Namek iirc. Kinda weird since that was such a huge thing and then it kinda just fell off

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 02:45 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I guess it's overriden by SSJ.

I kinda assumed it had *some* effect during training, i.e. the harshness of training in the spirit room is part of why the SSJs were able to reach ascending/FP Super Saiyan, but it's effect was reduced.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Only Cell was stated to have gotten a Zenkai after Namek iirc. Kinda weird since that was such a huge thing and then it kinda just fell off

It was really only explicitly around for a few stories, wasn't it? It happened left and right in the Frieza saga, but wasn't explicit before that point.

It's not the only idea that fell to the wayside, Kaio-ken being another. Though kaio-ken was a more interesting one, while Zenkai was just a way to catapult someone up the power fast.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 03:22 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As mentioned, Cell was the only character explicitly stated to have received a legit zenkai after the Namek saga.

This occurred after regenerating from his kamikaze-detonation on King Kai's world.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 11:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote