KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » DragonBall Humans?

DragonBall Humans?
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

DragonBall Humans?

So this is something that has bugged me for awhile. How strong are the humans? Especially in relation to eachother. I hear that in an interview, krillin was stated to be the strongest. So krillin then it usually goes Tien, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu, roshi, chichi, videl, and Hercule satan finishing it off. But now Roshi goes into fights instead of the three guys ahead of him and now I'm all lost.

The way it seemed presented in the show was having Tien way out in front with Yamcha and Krillin pretty much tied for second. Anyone want to help me out?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:19 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: DragonBall Humans?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
So this is something that has bugged me for awhile. How strong are the humans? Especially in relation to eachother. I hear that in an interview, krillin was stated to be the strongest. So krillin then it usually goes Tien, Yamcha, Yajirobe, Chiaotzu, roshi, chichi, videl, and Hercule satan finishing it off. But now Roshi goes into fights instead of the three guys ahead of him and now I'm all lost.

The way it seemed presented in the show was having Tien way out in front with Yamcha and Krillin pretty much tied for second. Anyone want to help me out?

Ok, on Roshi, that's a sudden power boost. DBZ is, frankly, inconsistent. Which is the cause of some confusion I'm sure.

It also varies a bit story arc to story arc.

Yamcha is definitely always behind Krillin and Tien, who are in contest for the top. Always. In the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was right behind Tien, and Yamcha was about 350 power between the two of them. Which is why Yamcha beat 1 saibaman, and Krillin finished 4.

Krillin went through the Namek stuff and had his power unlocked by Guru as well, which probably causes him to pass Tien, but I'd say at that point it's Krillin, Tien, sizable gap, Yamcha.

Chaoitzu's listed power is consistently below Yamcha, but frankly he performs not much worse in fights.

Yajirobe never gets any stronger, so probably, even though he's reasonably strong in the saiyan saga, everyone above passes him by the next arc.

Chichi and Videl both kinda fall into 'superhuman by normal standards, but don't really get into the chi stuff so much, so remain relatively low-end. Above any normal human or even martial artist, but below everyone listed above.' With Hercule even more-so like that, pretty much the top of the 'normal' martial artists but below Videl and Chichi.

Roshi used to be consider 'eternally at the same power, lowest of the chi users, not far from Chichi,' but then, whoops, sudden huge upgrade. I don't know either.

Also on Krillin and Tien, they both notably have abilities that let them punch above their weight class. Solar flare, Kienzan, and Tri-Beam (which lets Tien trade life for power). So they're effectively stronger than even their power levels indicate, IMO, and strong in slightly different ways. Krillin is one of the smartest fighters around too.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:34 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Tien holding back imperfect Cell>>>>>>>>anything Krillin ever done.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:27 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Ok. So krillin got his potential unlocked and tien and yamcha went through King kai training. After that they had their android training. Followin the cell games both yamcha and krillin stopped training for a bit, but tien kept on trucking. If I remember correctly, yamcha had a higher level in the saiyan saga than krillin. If they both trained for relatively the same amount of time, how did yamcha end up at the bottom of the barrel and krillin the top of the heap? Was that potential thing really thst big of a boost?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 04:17 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yamcha died to a single Saibamen. Krillin killed more than all of them. Yamcha was rarely if ever his equal whereas Toriyama has called Krillin the strongest human several times.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 04:31 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Yamcha beat the saibaman then got distracted. But thats besides the point. Tien has a way better track record than anyone else.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 04:43 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Krillin's supposed to be the most powerful human, yes, but he does very little to prove it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 05:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: DragonBall Humans?

Originally posted by Q99
Ok, on Roshi, that's a sudden power boost. DBZ is, frankly, inconsistent. Which is the cause of some confusion I'm sure.

It also varies a bit story arc to story arc.

Yamcha is definitely always behind Krillin and Tien, who are in contest for the top. Always. In the Saiyan Saga, Krillin was right behind Tien, and Yamcha was about 350 power between the two of them. Which is why Yamcha beat 1 saibaman, and Krillin finished 4.

Krillin went through the Namek stuff and had his power unlocked by Guru as well, which probably causes him to pass Tien, but I'd say at that point it's Krillin, Tien, sizable gap, Yamcha.

Chaoitzu's listed power is consistently below Yamcha, but frankly he performs not much worse in fights.

Yajirobe never gets any stronger, so probably, even though he's reasonably strong in the saiyan saga, everyone above passes him by the next arc.

Chichi and Videl both kinda fall into 'superhuman by normal standards, but don't really get into the chi stuff so much, so remain relatively low-end. Above any normal human or even martial artist, but below everyone listed above.' With Hercule even more-so like that, pretty much the top of the 'normal' martial artists but below Videl and Chichi.

Roshi used to be consider 'eternally at the same power, lowest of the chi users, not far from Chichi,' but then, whoops, sudden huge upgrade. I don't know either.

Also on Krillin and Tien, they both notably have abilities that let them punch above their weight class. Solar flare, Kienzan, and Tri-Beam (which lets Tien trade life for power). So they're effectively stronger than even their power levels indicate, IMO, and strong in slightly different ways. Krillin is one of the smartest fighters around too.
Lol at Yamcha "beating" one Saibamen.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 05:25 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Uub is the strongest human, btw. Dunno how people keep forgetting about him.

...Unless they Retconned him.

Wouldn't know, I probably won't watch DBS unless it comes to the US.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 05:26 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Uub is hax; reincarnation of Buu.

And he appears only at the end of Z... and in GT.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 05:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

So how big is the gap between all of them? Is krillin that far ahead he could easily oneshot everyone or is it close enough that a fight could swing either way?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:48 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The latter, I'd say...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:56 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

I would actually say Tien is so far above Yamcha or Krillen that it be a stomp. Krillen has all but stopped training by the Buu Saga and then only gets back into shape for the tournament. Yamcha stopped training after androids and never started again. Tien trains constantly. I would not be surprised if Chiaotzu has actually became a match for Krillen as he does train also a lot. Tien just won't let him fight

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 08:55 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kento
I would actually say Tien is so far above Yamcha or Krillen that it be a stomp. Krillen has all but stopped training by the Buu Saga and then only gets back into shape for the tournament. Yamcha stopped training after androids and never started again. Tien trains constantly. I would not be surprised if Chiaotzu has actually became a match for Krillen as he does train also a lot. Tien just won't let him fight
Except that its practically canon that Krillin is ahead of them both, Yamcha has always been behind Tien and Krillin since the Saiyan Saga.

You forgot that Krillin is always right there in the most dangerous situations, even if Tien has been training.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 09:38 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Krillin was losing to phuckin Guldo while Tien whooped on Burter and Jeice at the same time.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:07 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Guldo has hax powers so not really sure why that matters...

Also isn't Tien and Co battling the force anime only (AKA non-canon)?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:12 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except that its practically canon that Krillin is ahead of them both, Yamcha has always been behind Tien and Krillin since the Saiyan Saga.

You forgot that Krillin is always right there in the most dangerous situations, even if Tien has been training.
there has been no evidence of Krillen above Tien. The only time it was said was by Yamcha to Marron during the tournament. When nobody has seen Tien for 7 years and he's also telling Krillens daughter it cause she was worried about him fighting. Not a reliable comment.

Tien is pretty much in the same situations except namek. But during namek Tien trained on King Kai's planet. Which would pretty much make up for Krillens random power up without having time to train and get stronger from saiyan saga to freeza saga. And Tien stayed on the planet the longest, training when Krillen would have relaxed some before Trunks came and they all started training again even Yamcha

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:01 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Didn't Tien just overshadow Krillin in both ROF and the anime? Especially the anime.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:09 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I think this really comes down to Akira's word. Since he is the creator and said Krillin is the strongest, we can assume he is.

Then again Akira might have forgotten Tien even existed when he made that statement seeing as he is a really forgetful guy.

I guess it depends on if you take his words as fact or if you'd rather rely on feats

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:12 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It should also be noted that while Tien trains more than Krillin on average that does not mean that his training is better. After all if all it took was a buttload of training, Vegeta should not have been weaker than Trunks and Gohan. Likewise, Goten and Trunks put adults to shame and they certainly don't train as much. How they train and the quality of talent they have is also very important. Krillin trains with Roshi who is far more useful a training partner than Chiaotzu because of his experience. Before Buu he was sparring with an Android. One could also argue that releasing hidden potential makes drawing out more power much easier. After the power up Gohan was growing at a frankly stupid rate in power.

There is one other thing to consider. Tien tends to overexert himself too much in his fights. In Dragon Ball it is very important that you pace yourself more than anything else. Goku and Vegeta went into the Time Chamber at the same power(more of less) but Goku made way more out of his time by throwing in a lot more rest and trying to help Gohan. Another example: look at how they approach gravity training. Goku paced himself. Slowly working up to 100, always being sure to take senzu when his body was injured, and resting. Whereas Vegeta ran straight into 300x normal gravity. Yeah it's a hell of a workout but it is so very taxing on the body whereas Roshi taught his students the importance of rest.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:40 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote