KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Misused Dragon Ball characters that had potential

Misused Dragon Ball characters that had potential
Started by: Interneton

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Interneton

Misused Dragon Ball characters that had potential

Who are some characters who were utterly wasted in your opinion? I'll name a few:

Dabura could have been a main villain as the "Demon King", considering he's the the ruler of the Demon Realm. Instead, he's just a lackey of Babidi who couldn't outmatch an adult Gohan who neglected his training.

Kibito Kai looked cool as the first potara fusion, but never had a chance to fight.

Some people think Nam from the original Dragon Ball series should have had the chance to become a Z-Fighter. Yajirobe too, although he kind of was one during the Saiyan/Vegeta Saga.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 06:55 PM
Interneton is currently offline Click here to Send Interneton a Private Message Find more posts by Interneton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Agreed on Dabura.

Even worse when they had Xenoverse centered around his sister and some old ruler of the demon realm and Dabura couldn't even make an appearance in the game.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 07:17 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Dabura is an excellent choice.

Almost any movie character would be a good choice too

I also think the Ginyus weren't "wasted" but they could have gone sooooo much further story-wise

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 06:21 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

King Cold.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2016 06:56 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
King Cold.

thumb up

Also add Mr. POPO to this list.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 04:57 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Raditz to me.

He's Gokus brother, was approximately 3x stronger than him when they met, and one of "4" existing saiyans left, he should've survived the fight on Earth.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 07:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Taipon. Because he could stay and train Goten and Trunks. And Trunks could have a decent person to look up too that wont just treat him as a bother.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 12:04 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Tarble

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 02:48 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
King Cold.

Dunno how I didn't think of him

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2016 09:26 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Zarbon and Dodoria

They were Frieza's top henchmen and yet, they got killed WAY early before he does. I think they should stayed longer and be the last ones taken out before Frieza. I think they even should have outlasted the Ginyu Force.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Apr 4th, 2016 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 05:24 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Gotta disagree there. They were Frieza's right hands but it was explained why the Ginyu's were stronger(being the Special Forces and all that). The would have to be stronger seeing as they are the ones called in to do what no one else can.

I don't like how Frieza now suddenly has even stronger fighters in RoF/Super. They would have dwarfed him in power as of the Namek Saga. Makes no sense

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 02:38 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It was explained in Super that during Frieza's months of training, he had a select man or few as training partners, so makes perfect sense at least some of them would become stronger too as a result.

Since it was mentioned, I did feel Zarbon could've lasted at least longer than he did (Dodoria was just fodder for the Namek saga), but then if he was made that much stronger than he was with his transformation, it would've made calling in the Ginyu Force a pointless move, so see where you're coming from.

Oh, and because he wasn't mentioned yet, Uub.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 4th, 2016 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 06:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Damborgson
Raditz to me.

He's Gokus brother, was approximately 3x stronger than him when they met, and one of "4" existing saiyans left, he should've survived the fight on Earth.

5, if you count Tarble.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 07:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

That was kind of the whole point; I think Zarbon and Dodoria should have been stronger than the Ginyu Force.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 12:01 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I disagree but to each his own

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 04:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Definitely Oob.

I would have also liked to see more of Freeza and King Cold's backstory, pre-Namek era. I think it would be very interesting to see the inner workings of the Planet Trade Organization and such. It's easy to forget how vast their Empire really was--a LOT of story could have come from that alone.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 5th, 2016 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 04:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Bardock. He was only ever shown at the very end of his life. Or...not? If that Legendary Super Saiyan thing is canon where he fights Chilled.

Regardless, seeing Bardock and his crew, or all of the Saiyans before the fall of their race would have been cool.

Like see Nappa training Vegeta as a kid. And the reason he acts how he is and such.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 06:36 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Galan007
Definitely Oob.

I would have also liked to see more of Freeza and King Cold's backstory, pre-Namek era. I think it would be very interesting to see the inner workings of the Planet Trade Organization and such. It's easy to forget how vast their Empire really was--a LOT of story could have come from that alone.
Yea I would have loved to see Frieza growing up.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 07:10 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The humans.

There's loads of potential story in their back stories alone. How did Ten meet his master?

Or Roshi, in his younger days.

And even modern versions have story potential. They pale compared to Saiyans, but each one of them is still a moon buster at least, and multi planet buster at best.

You could have a lot of good stories where you follow Yamcha or Ten doing something awesome. Say, butting heads with organized crime, with their own Tao-Pie-Pie on a much higher power level, or maybe show how various militaries have super powered fighters.. Or alternatively, they could establish a rivalry, and end up at one Budokai where they face off (And job to Satan at the end).

Better yet, Vidal fighting crime could be great, due to her lower working power and believability of meeting stronger fighters.

Or even take them off planet, to New Namek or something.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 5th, 2016 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 09:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Galan007
Definitely Oob.

If they had come up with Cold as a character before the Namek arc and not after, I imagine that's where they would've gone.

Originally posted by KingD19
Bardock. He was only ever shown at the very end of his life. Or...not? If that Legendary Super Saiyan thing is canon where he fights Chilled.

Regardless, seeing Bardock and his crew, or all of the Saiyans before the fall of their race would have been cool.

Like see Nappa training Vegeta as a kid. And the reason he acts how he is and such.

Still kinda salty at the Bardock manga short retconning the movie he had.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 10:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote