KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Your Top 3 Animes

Your Top 3 Animes
Started by: ThunderMs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ThunderMs

Your Top 3 Animes

for me is
1- Dragon ball Z
2- Digimon
3- Shurato

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 10:47 PM
ThunderMs is currently offline Click here to Send ThunderMs a Private Message Find more posts by ThunderMs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Have some difficulty with these lists because lots of anime and their manga counterparts tend to mix together in my head. Of course, that wouldn't be a problem if anime was always true to its source material, but it's not. For example, I look fondly back on Rosario Vampire because the manga was enjoyable, but then remember its anime adaptation was trash...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 04:07 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Dragonball
Bleach
One Punch Man

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 06:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

No it's not!

I'm going by what I'm watching now.

1. One piece
2. Hunter x hunter
3. Dragon ball super

Made by DW

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 06:25 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Dragonball
Bleach
One Punch Man

This.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 07:35 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Lol.

Scrubs.

1. Original Berserk Anime.
2. Clannad.
3. Gurren Lagann.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 04:32 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Never seen Berserk, but Clannad and GL are weak-sauce.

1. DBZ.
2. Bleach(barring filler).
3. Seven deadly sins.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 07:48 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

1. DBZ.
3. Seven deadly sins.
DBZ has a dumb story, Bleach has a good story for the first two arcs.

Never seen Seven deadly scenes.

So we're both 2-out-of-3.

I guess it depends more on what you like.

If you like action, or if you like Good Stories with action.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:10 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

1. DBZ.
3. Seven deadly sins.
I don't know about Clannad, but Gurren Lagann is a much better anime than DBZ or Bleach.

DBZ's anime in particular has aged extremely poorly. Bleach is just hamstrung by being an adaptation of the hot garbage that the Bleach manga is.

The DB manga is still pretty good though.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 06:15 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Oh, and:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

In any order really. I'd rank the second season of Fate/ZERO up there as well.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 06:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cowboy Bebop
The Samurai X prequels (Trust, Betrayal)
Outlaw Star

Honorable mentions: Mobile Suit Gundam, Tenchi Universe, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 06:43 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't know about Clannad, but Gurren Lagann is a much better anime than DBZ or Bleach.

DBZ's anime in particular has aged extremely poorly. Bleach is just hamstrung by being an adaptation of the hot garbage that the Bleach manga is.

The DB manga is still pretty good though.
Clannad, and Clannad After-Story have some of the best stories I've seen in anime.

Also, you didn't like the first few arcs of Bleach? I thought they were universally agreed on to be pretty good.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 06:49 PM
carver9

Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh, and:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

In any order really. I'd rank the second season of Fate/ZERO up there as well.

Terrible animes. Action is mediocre at best.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:17 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Haven't seen enough Neon Genesis, but Cowboy Bebop? Madoka Magica? Those are terrible animes to you? Wow Carv.

I think the DBZ anime still holds up alright in terms of aging, but when I rewatched a bit of other shonen like Yu Yu Hakusho, oh boy... Now that had aged badly.

Saw Gurren Lagann, but thought it was overhyped/overrated.

With how many different genres of anime I've come to like over the years, it's pretty difficult for me to have a decisive top 3 list now. =(

Old Post Nov 26th, 2016 08:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Surprised there's no mention of FMA, was under the impression that one was pretty universally held in high regard. Probably wouldn't make my top 3 either, admittedly, but neither would most of the others mentioned in this thread. :P

quote:
With how many different genres of anime I've come to like over the years, it's pretty difficult for me to have a decisive top 3 list now.

thumb up Precisely. It'd be much easier if it was "Top 3 ____ Anime."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:23 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

...Who cares?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:24 AM
NemeBro

Sorry, I forgot that you are a stupid mouth-breathing child molesting retard who needs big explosions and lots of blurry lines to enjoy an anime. thumb up

Though with that said, the Mami vs. Homura fight in the Madoka movie is visually considerably more impressive than any DBZ fight. thumb up

Or any Dragonball Super fight for that matter. Which is horrible. One would think the new Dragonball anime would have at least passable animation.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:27 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Surprised there's no mention of FMA, was under the impression that one was pretty universally held in high regard. Probably wouldn't make my top 3 either, admittedly, but neither would most of the others mentioned in this thread. :P

thumb up Precisely. It'd be much easier if it was "Top 3 ____ Anime."
The original or Brotherhood? I'm not a huge fan of the original, though I do like Brotherhood, even if it omitted some good scenes from the manga.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:28 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Clannad, and Clannad After-Story have some of the best stories I've seen in anime.

Also, you didn't like the first few arcs of Bleach? I thought they were universally agreed on to be pretty good.
The first few arcs of Bleach were pretty good in the manga and I guess the anime (though the animation in the anime did get lazy at times). But the first few arcs do not make an anime. Bleach turned into a shitfest after the Soul Society arc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:30 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Haven't seen enough Neon Genesis, but Cowboy Bebop? Madoka Magica? Those are terrible animes to you? Wow Carv.

I think the DBZ anime still holds up alright in terms of aging, but when I rewatched a bit of other shonen like Yu Yu Hakusho, oh boy... Now that had aged badly.

Saw Gurren Lagann, but thought it was overhyped/overrated.

With how many different genres of anime I've come to like over the years, it's pretty difficult for me to have a decisive top 3 list now. =(
Carver is just butthurt because I shit on DBZ and Super especially. Super is literally garbage, this can't even be argued. It's a ****ing visual medium, the animation should at least be passable, and it's ****ing dog shit. And it's DRAGON BALL ****ING Z'S SEQUEL. This isn't some story some guy barely managed to get the funding for. It's pure ****ing laziness and greed. **** Dragon Ball Super. thumb down

The manga's art is pretty good, but I honestly don't read manga very much these days.

DBZ hasn't held up very well for me as an anime due largely to some of the boring filler, the overly long powerup and transformation sequences, and, ironically enough, the fight scenes.

A lot of fight scenes repeat the same few frames periodically throughout the fights. It's just not particularly visually stimulating, not when I've been ruined by incredibly well-animated fights like in ufotable's Fate animes.

I might have been a little too hard on it, but I'm not as fond of the anime as I was when I was a kid. The manga has aged very well though. Akira Toriyama is a very underrated artist. thumb up

Gurren Lagann is overrated in the sense that it's not the best anime ever (also I ****ing hate the ending), but it's not even close to bad. The pacing early on is a little slow though.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:36 AM