KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » (DBS Manga) Boo-saga base PL vs Current base PL

(DBS Manga) Boo-saga base PL vs Current base PL
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

(DBS Manga) Boo-saga base PL vs Current base PL

What are your thoughts, taking all of the manga evidence into consideration? How significant is the difference between Goku as he is now and Goku as he was in the Boo saga with all God transformations taken out of the picture? And why?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 02:41 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Current base PL due to immensely more rigorous training with an immensely more powerful teacher.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Oct 22nd, 2017 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 02:55 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

That's not what happened. Goku turned into a Super Saiyan God, one-shotted Trunks, then switched back before he noticed. You can see the sparkling SSG aura around his leg in the panel where Trunks gets hit, if you look carefully.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 02:58 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Well shit.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:00 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Current base PL due to immensely more rigorous training with an immensely more powerful teacher.

That much is clear, but by how much? And do you think the power difference between base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, and SSG have changed?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:05 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I would say by enough that current Base Goku is considerably stronger than Buu-Saga SSJ3 Goku. He's fought too many powerful enemies and received such good training up till this point.

Based on the last Manga Chapter, SSJG is still an assload more powerful than SSJ3, I don't think those gaps have changed by any means. the gap between SSJ2 and SSJ3 is still shown as considerably larger than the gap between SSJ and SSJ2.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:19 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I'm not sure that the power levels have changed much, just they've attained god ki and gotten stronger that way. Unlike in the anime, where base goku was much stronger than ssj3 goku.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:31 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Based on the last Manga Chapter, SSJG is still an assload more powerful than SSJ3, I don't think those gaps have changed by any means. the gap between SSJ2 and SSJ3 is still shown as considerably larger than the gap between SSJ and SSJ2.

Yeah, but there are some odd exceptions too.

Example 1: Hit, who was stated to be less powerful than SSJ1 Goku by Beerus, was still on the same level as <10% SSJB Vegeta, and wasn't *completely* overwhelmed by SSG prior to powering up.

Example 2: Goku Black in base did a decent job of holding off SSJ2 Vegeta in base, but then still lost to him when he himself went SSJ2. Black's jump from post-zenkai SSJ2 to SSJ Rose also didn't seem that massive, honestly.

Example 3: When Goku fought Trunks, his SSJ forms were noted to be inferior to Trunks' by both Vegeta and Whis. While I agree he was probably holding back (although it makes Vegeta/Whis' comments weird), it's worth mentioning that Goku did resort to going SSG to finish the fight. If Goku was stronger than Trunks in base, and if the power gap from base to SSJ3 is as big as it was in the Boo saga, then he shouldn't have even needed to sneakily use God to one-shot Trunks. This is reinforced by pre-rose Black, who was comparable to current Goku/Vegeta (without SSG/SSB), who reached that level solely from fighting Trunks.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 03:34 AM
ares834

It seems likely that Trunks simply perfected SSJ2 rather than Goku's SSJ forms becoming relatively weaker. Quite similar to Vegeta's rage SSJ2 in BoG.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

For Example 3, I was just highlighting the general relativity in power between the two, despite Trunks being implied to still be in the Boo-saga range.

Examples 1 and 2 had more to do with the "diminishing returns" of the SSJ forms.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:32 AM
ares834

Examples 1 and 2 seemed to be pretty tame as far as I saw. Goku did far better as SSG then as as SSJ. And base Black fought Vegetta only briefly and was on the defensive the whole time. Plus, who knows, Black's SSJ forms may simply be weaker than Goku's. Either way, it's not nearly enough to suggest that Goku's forms have weakened IMO.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 04:54 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It kinda does when you're dealing with characters that are supposedly hundreds or thousands of times stronger than others, but only come off as comfortably stronger.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 05:04 AM
ares834

Well Goku's performance against Hit did seem to be drastically better when he went SSG. He went from losing to a borderline stomp. And like I said, Black's forms may simply not have the same multipliers as Goku's.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 05:20 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Another question worth asking: Is the RoF manga one-shot canon to the DBS manga, where that arc was cut out? Honestly, just looking at the power levels, I suspect it's not.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 07:07 PM