KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » GoD's and Jiren

GoD's and Jiren
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

GoD's and Jiren

If Jiren is stronger than the Gods of Destruction, does this mean Jiren could tank a full dose of Destroyer energy? Or would its unique properties erase Jiren?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:01 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

If he is stronger, then he should be able to tank it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:21 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

#dblogic

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:22 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

KEK.

What do you think, Sas?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:23 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

We have portion of Sidra energy against GF. It's simple, that energy wasn't powerful enough to destroy GF, because GF was stronger. So if Jiren is stronger, then that full power of energy also wouldn't be powerful enough to destroy Jiren.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:26 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
KEK.

What do you think, Sas?

He's probably right. The prevailing theory in dragon ball is that if Superman can beat Molecule Man in a lifting contest, his molecules are probably also too tough to be manipulated. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:54 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Maybe the manga will treat it differently.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:54 PM
bbrem123

Yea I think they will. Since Goku was destroying merged Zemasu even though he was not as powerful.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 07:42 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

If simply being stronger means you can resist the Hakai technique, then what sets it apart in the first place? Or in fact, what sets a god of destruction apart from others other than in name, and agelessness?

Fan fiction/theories:

Even though we've seen indications otherwise, I hope the Hakai technique is something unique which gives the name god of destruction special meaning and formidability. That is, a god of destruction isn't just someone who is sufficiently strong...

If gods of destruction are chosen, then likely that destruction energy or ability was bestowed upon them by a higher power since all of them share it. And since it is not their own, the potency of the ability doesn't necessarily have to match their power level, but the level of whomever originated it.

One could argue that perhaps the ability is learnt rather than given, but that doesn't seem right to me.

The only hope I have of all this is the fact that Beerus destroyed the doctor/ghost with it, which I assume cannot be done by conventional means. The other key point is destroyed beings cease to exist rather than enter into the afterlife - which strongly suggests it is a divine ability.

I've read that in the Manga, Goku is able to use the technique which is quite lame.

I like the idea that even if a mortal is somehow stronger than a god of destruction, they still need to show respect, because a GoD can always fall back on their ultimate ability if required.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 09:50 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Placidity
If simply being stronger means you can resist the Hakai technique, then what sets it apart in the first place? Or in fact, what sets a god of destruction apart from others other than in name, and agelessness?

Fan fiction/theories:

Even though we've seen indications otherwise, I hope the Hakai technique is something unique which gives the name god of destruction special meaning and formidability. That is, a god of destruction isn't just someone who is sufficiently strong...

If gods of destruction are chosen, then likely that destruction energy or ability was bestowed upon them by a higher power since all of them share it. And since it is not their own, the potency of the ability doesn't necessarily have to match their power level, but the level of whomever originated it.

One could argue that perhaps the ability is learnt rather than given, but that doesn't seem right to me.

The only hope I have of all this is the fact that Beerus destroyed the doctor/ghost with it, which I assume cannot be done by conventional means. The other key point is destroyed beings cease to exist rather than enter into the afterlife - which strongly suggests it is a divine ability.

I've read that in the Manga, Goku is able to use the technique which is quite lame.

I like the idea that even if a mortal is somehow stronger than a god of destruction, they still need to show respect, because a GoD can always fall back on their ultimate ability if required.

Unfortunately, as cool as that seems, it's not true.

Toppo was a God of destruction in training, in the manga. Why would he need training if he was just given the ability? This is similar to the reason for Whiss constantly chastising Beerus for not training.

At least that's my take on it. Personally, I think the manga and anime are too different at this point, and I don't really like the manga. Am I in that boat alone? lol

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 12:32 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

At least that's my take on it. Personally, I think the manga and anime are too different at this point, and I don't really like the manga. Am I in that boat alone? lol

Nope. You get to share the boat with carver. smile

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 03:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If Jiren is stronger than the Gods of Destruction, does this mean Jiren could tank a full dose of Destroyer energy? Or would its unique properties erase Jiren?
Jiren surpasses *his* universe's Destroyer/Belmond, and seems to at least surpass *some* of the other Destroyers in terms of raw power and such. However, even though Beerus was shocked by the amount of power a mortal was generating, I'm not yet convinced that Jiren is above *all* Destroyers -- especially Beerus, who has been portrayed as one of...if not THE...most powerful GoD in the multiverse. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 8th, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

GF only tanked a small amount of destruction energy. So did Goku.

A full dose would probably destroy just about anybody.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Placidity

Fan fiction/theories:

This isn't true since we've seen people besides God of D perform this attack.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:23 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
GF only tanked a small amount of destruction energy. So did Goku.

A full dose would probably destroy just about anybody.

This doesn't make sense. His entire body was covered in the energy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Galan007
Jiren surpasses *his* universe's Destroyer/Belmond, and seems to at least surpass *some* of the other Destroyers in terms of raw power and such. However, even though Beerus was shocked by the amount of power a mortal was generating, I'm not yet convinced that Jiren is above *all* Destroyers -- especially Beerus, who has been portrayed as one of...if not THE...most powerful GoD in the multiverse. /shrug

Whis posits that Jiren has "surpassed the state" of God of Destruction. That would be referring to all of them, presumably.

Though I have a feeling Beerus and Quitela could potentially rival Jiren. The rest? Not really.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not ruling out the possibility that Jiren is > Beerus, and I won't be overly surprised if he is definitively proven to be(his power is being hyped ad nauseam, ffs)... But as of right now, I'm not quite ready to put him on that level -- I need to see more from him.

Jiren is definitely above Belmond(and presumably most of the other Destroyers) to *some* degree, but Beerus is significantly above them -- we saw this when he fought ALL of the other GoDs simultaneously, and seemed superior(which Whis credited to his near-mastery of UI.)

But yeah, we'll see exactly where Jiren stands in weeks to come. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

^ Agreed.

The manga made it clear Beerus = apex GoD.

The anime was more confusing about it, what with the casual throwing around of comments about Beerus losing an arm wrestling competition, and then other statements about someone stronger then a GoD, all without context. So people assume the arm wrestler and the GoD who can't beat his mortal are the same.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Manga confirmed that Jiren> Belmod as a fighter, not raw power.

Beerus destroys Jiren.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:06 PM
SSJGGogeta

Yeah, it seems like Jiren is definitely above Beerus, at least as far as the anime is concerned.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nope. You get to share the boat with carver. smile

Eh, there’s worse people to be on a boat with, on this website.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 09:03 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote