KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Questions about Boo Saga

Questions about Boo Saga
Started by: twt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
twt

Questions about Boo Saga

1. Why Gotenks achieve the SSJ3?

2. Is the SSJ2 the form did Gohan use against Dabura?

3. Exactly when Vegeta did turn in SSJ2?

4. Why did Super Buu turn into Kid Buu instead of Evil Buu or Ultra Boo?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 05:27 AM
twt is currently offline Click here to Send twt a Private Message Find more posts by twt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

1.) Through training, and the power of Toriyama-haxx. Seems strange now, but Tori actually wrote the boys at a really high level back in the day.

2.) Gohan was definitely SSJ2 against Dabra. Given that Dabra was Cell-level, and Gohan was a LOT weaker than he was during the Cell Games, he wouldn't have been able to contend with Dabra at all if he hadn't been using SSJ2.

3.) Vegeta was already capable of using SSJ2 at the beginning of the Boo arc, imo. That's why he noted that Goku had "surpassed the Super Saiyan wall, too" when he briefly used SSJ2 to defeat Yakon. Vegeta was also acting like Cell-level beings were complete fodder, which he likely wouldn't have done if he didn't have SSJ2 in his back pocket. Some people argue that Vegeta only attained SSJ2 due to the Majin amp, but that was never stated/implied anywhere. Moreover, Vegeta used SSJ2 against Pure Boo after the Majin amp was long gone, with NO implication that said amp is what had allowed him to access it.

4.) Seems like taking Fat Boo out of the equation was akin to a 'factory reset' of sorts, which reverted Boo back to his original, pure form.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 12th, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 12:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The kids are kind of unique, even for fusions. They can't individually reach SSJ2, let alone 3, yet their fused forms managed it. And it's also a form Goku learned in the afterlife, that was designed for that plane, making it that much more ridiculous for them to learn on their own.

No other fused character has achieved a similar power up, independent of their indvidual characters capabilities.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 02:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And I think they were only training in the RoSaT for ~1 week, which makes them attaining SSJ3 even more impressive.

But alas, these days the boys/Gotenks are treated as little more than fodder-class comedic relief. sad

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 17th, 2018 at 01:47 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 01:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
No other fused character has achieved a similar power up, independent of their indvidual characters capabilities.

To be fair now - no other fused character actually needed that.

Whereas Gotenks had no choice but to go SS3 to match/surpass Super Buu.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

I know things have been different in dbs, but how strong were goten and trunks during the buu arc?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:23 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
I know things have been different in dbs, but how strong were goten and trunks during the buu arc?
The Daizenshuu states that Goten = Gohan(pre-unlock), and Trunks was slightly more powerful than Goten.

One of the intro pages in the manga also states that, aside from Goku/Gohan/Vegeta, the boys were the most powerful heroes on earth -- which tells us they were > Piccolo and #18 as well.

We also have showings like an enraged kick from Trunks doing far more against Fat Boo than an enraged kick from Gohan, Goten nearly overwhelming Gohan when they sparred, Trunks nearly overwhelming Vegeta when they sparred, multiple characters being awestruck by their ki, etc.

Remember, this was back when Toriyama wanted the boys to ultimately replace the adults, so he wrote them as prodigies of the highest order. Obviously that is no longer the case, though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:44 PM
Genii96

Was boohan's universal scream referenced in any of the databooks?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 11:57 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Genii96
Was boohan's universal scream referenced in any of the databooks?
It was referenced in Daizenshuu 7:
quote:
*Outside Space Attack
Special Characteristics: Overwhelmed by Vegetto, Boo generated this after going into a frenzy. Distortions appeared in the space surrounding Boo. It seems that this power was also what enabled Boo to escape from the Room of Spirit and Time. This space would cover the living world and wipe out the universe.

It's one of the few anime-only/filler feats that is regarded as canon.

However, if you watch the anime episode this showing occurred in, you'll find that Boohan's scream had the potential to break down dimensional barrier after dimensional barrier in a chain-reaction type of event. This would have ultimately allowed alternate dimensions to bleed through and "crush" U7.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 12:23 PM
Genii96

Thanks, yeah I know it was a chain reaction, but still, that has to be a riduclous feat from screaming too loudly. I was planning on using it as an estimate for how much stronger buuhan was above super buu/gotenks... Also,do you believe vegito, assuming he wanted to, could've wrecked the universe? (If he couldn't do in ssj,he could go higher)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 01:08 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thanks, yeah I know it was a chain reaction, but still, that has to be a riduclous feat from screaming too loudly. I was planning on using it as an estimate for how much stronger buuhan was above super buu/gotenks...
Boohan was logically around 2.5x Super Boo/SSJ3 Gotenks.

Also,do you believe vegito, assuming he wanted to, could've wrecked the universe? (If he couldn't do in ssj,he could go higher)
Do I think Vegetto could fire a blast at the center of the universe, and the subsequent explosion would destroy the entire thing? No.

I'm sure he could have matched Boohan's screaming tantrum, though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 01:16 PM
Genii96

Old Kai stated that Buu was stronger than beerus 70million+ years ago right?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 08:15 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not exactly. Old Kai originally stated that the being who sealed him in the Z Sword was almost as "terrible" as Boo:
https://i.imgur.com/jayifNa.jpg
"Terrible" implies senselessly evil, imo, in which case I would agree that Pure Boo was more "terrible" than Beerus. We were also led to believe the being who imprisoned Old Kai did so because he was scared of Old Kai's powers or w/e.

However, Toriyama has since clarified that Beerus stuffed Old Kai in the Sword over a simple argument:
quote:
Who was it that sealed the Elder Kaioshin away in the Z Sword?

Toriyama:
The Kaioshin (who create planets) and the Gods of Destruction (who destroy them) have never gotten along that well, but once every 1,000 years they go to each other's realms and hold a coordination meeting. At this time, they got into an argument over some trifling thing, and a certain short-tempered God of Destruction sealed Elder Kaioshin away inside a sword. Naturally, it wouldn't have been proper for him to destroy the Kaioshin Realm itself. By the way, that God of Destruction was Beerus.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2018 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 03:50 PM
Genii96

Hmm, I have another manga translation here tho

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...BhygbGUyxA32zxG
He seems to say he was less in both strength and being evil, which manga scan translation is seen as the most accurate?

Another translation here too

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...T8cLZ4ciFxNnM_W

Yeah,the part about bring scared of old Kai was pretty Much debunked few minutes later when Goku sent a child's attack at him to see if his boosts were true lol

Last edited by Genii96 on Dec 24th, 2018 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 04:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The scan/translation I posted is straight from the VIZ manga.

I tend to put published VIZ material above most other 'fanlations', for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 24th, 2018 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 04:23 PM
cdtm

I agree in general. There's some exceptions, like the early One Piece translation, where the translator, who wasn't even a fan of manga, turned it into a different series, almost.

Dedicated fans like Manga Streams or Dragon Teams are pretty safe bets, because they're real fans with a reputation to protect.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 24th, 2018 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 04:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by Galan007
The scan/translation I posted is straight from the VIZ manga.

I tend to put published VIZ material above most other 'fanlations', for obvious reasons.

Oh,ok, I see

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 05:44 PM
cdtm

Speaking of the Buu Saga:

What if Goku indulged Vegeta and used SSJ3 in their "final fight"?

If he beat him fast enough, there would be no Buu, right? So no Buu Saga? Skip ahead of Super?

I mean, it's not like anything really happened that matters in the next arc. SSJ3 was unlocked off screen, and Goku could have taught fusion any time.

Goku was resurrected, granted, but Beerus could fix that if he's hell bent on meeting a SSJG. Or, Dende's dragon could do it (I believe they fixed the limited use resurrections.)

Only things lost are Buu, Uub, Gotenks. None of them are players in Super.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 12:00 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSJ3 is 4x SSJ2. So yeah, Goku could have ended it with a casual chop if he wanted to.

Taking Boo out of the equation would have a trickle effect.
-No Old Kai
-Goku stays dead
-No Mystic Gohan
-No fusion of any kind

Beerus would be extremely disappointed when he came to earth and saw such weaklings during the BoG era, and there wouldn't be enough living Saiyans to preform the SSG ritual. That's likely when Goku would be resurrected.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 02:13 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yet Pure Boo couldn't handle Vegeta that easily stick out tongue

I never trusted multipliers.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 02:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote