KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Frieza's beating?

Frieza's beating?
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

Frieza's beating?

Recently heard that Frieza took a beating from SS Broly for over an HOUR, and still wasn't KOd afterward!? This is the same Broly who was easily stomping SSB Goku and Vegeta without a whole lot of trouble right before.

Friezas only SSB level himself so HOW was he able to do soak this beating for so long?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 07:55 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The light novel implies that Broly wasn't trying to kill Freeza. Worth mentioning. /shrug

Regardless, I'd honestly chalk it up to Freeza becoming substantially more powerful since the ToP. After all, despite the massive gains he and Goku received during the ToP, as of this film Vegeta still believes that Freeza can "get even stronger and beat them", and specifically uses Freeza's gargantuan amp during RoF as a measuring stick. Heck, it's entirely possible that the events of the ToP alone bolstered Freeza's power significantly. I mean, the self-training he underwent for a few months during RoF was almost certainly not as rigorous as the fighting/beating he endured during the ToP.

On top of that, Freeza's always had arguably *the* best physical durability in the franchise(pound-for-pound), which likely helped him weather Broly's beatdown as well.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 08:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Tbh.

I think it was just because of the plot. Broly had to beat someone for an hour and Frieza was there.

He could have killed him under a minute but then they had to make him do something else for the other 59 minutes.

So they came up with the idea to whoop on Frieza for an hour instead of running around and causing rampage or just doing nothing ...

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 09:49 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pfft. That's way too logical.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 11:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

How about this?

When Frieza saw Broly turn into SSJ he was happy cause he knew someone could give him a challenge. He began to fight him to further increase his on power.

Plot twist:

Frieza has mastered yet another way to become stronger. When in Hell he developed the skill to gain strength just by thinking about it. On Earth he learned he can do the same just by letting someone stronger then him punch his head in for an hour constantly...

Gogeta beat Broly cause he feared he would make Frieza too powerful...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jan 12th, 2019 at 08:36 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:34 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Frieza was cut on half, blasted by a Kamehameha from ssj Goku and was hit by an exploding planet and still was conscious. His physiology seems to allow him to withstand hits that would kill someone of his PL

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 09:20 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
How about this?

When Frieza saw Broly turn into SSJ he was happy cause he knew someone could give him a challenge. He began to fight him to further increase his on power.
Could be some truth to that, tbh.

After all, not only did Freeza 'push' Broly into becoming SSJ on purpose, but he was legit fangirling over SSJ Broly's power afterward. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2019 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 01:12 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Well he was cheering till Broly decided to bash his head in....

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 09:50 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Galan007
The light novel implies that Broly wasn't trying to kill Freeza. Worth mentioning. /shrug

Regardless, I'd honestly chalk it up to Freeza becoming substantially more powerful since the ToP. After all, despite the massive gains he and Goku received during the ToP, as of this film Vegeta still believes that Freeza can "get even stronger and beat them", and specifically uses Freeza's gargantuan amp during RoF as a measuring stick. Heck, it's entirely possible that the events of the ToP alone bolstered Freeza's power significantly. I mean, the self-training he underwent for a few months during RoF was almost certainly not as rigorous as the fighting/beating he endured during the ToP.

On top of that, Freeza's always had arguably *the* best physical durability in the franchise(pound-for-pound), which likely helped him weather Broly's beatdown as well.
Freeza can't get on Goku MUI level by simply training, Goku's just on another level now, sadly.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 09:54 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Estacado
Well he was cheering till Broly decided to bash his head in....
Even while Broly was beating the shit out of him, Golden Freeza was still fangirling over his power: "what marvelous battle power!!" Lol.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Freeza can't get on Goku MUI level by simply training, Goku's just on another level now, sadly.
Goku has absolutely no conscious control over UI, so it isn't an ability he can rely on using in battle. IOW, it's not really a relevant powerup for him as of now. As Broly displayed in this movie: Goku can get the absolute christ beaten out of him, and still never even come close to activating UI.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 11:36 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont think so. Goku has shown he can activate when necessary, like in Heroes

I haven't seen broly, but its clear Tory didnt want him to go UI this one because it would make the battle end quickly and not give anyone else time to shine.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 11:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Heroes is non-canon, so that doesn't matter.

As stated in DBS canon, the UI transformation is totally spontaneous/involuntary at this point. Even after the ToP(and Broly movie), Goku still has no conscious control over it.

This is confirmed in the anime:
(please log in to view the image)

And manga:

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 11:50 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats fcking pathetic honestly. Saijens always able to reach their new heights based on what they achieved. Look at SSB. He can go there effortlessly.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:17 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thing is, they're not really treating UI as a transformation, per se... Which is a good thing.

The entire principle of UI is about 'subconscious fighting' -- disconnecting mind from body and just acting instinctively. That said, having to consciously think about activating/triggering UI seems like a massive contradiction and defeats the concept of Ultra Instinct all together, imo.

I'm glad it's not just something Goku can *poof* into at will, tbh.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 12:31 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

So basically SSB is the last transformation we are ever going to see?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's Dragon Ball, so I doubt it.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:21 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

They can’t do green hair, that’s Brolys.

They can’t do red or blue or yellow, been done already.

What else is there? Orange?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Purple. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Thats stupid, ultra instinct is literally achieved by training so logically yes he cpuld and should if he trains hard enough

Shit look how much stronger he got in 4 months by beating on fodder. God forbid he go into the room of space and time and trained with someone worth while like dyspo or toppo

Old Post Jan 28th, 2019 06:46 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote