KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Say Anything About: Anime/Manga

Say Anything About: Anime/Manga
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (70): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Say Anything About: Anime/Manga

here's a thread where you can talk about your fave anime/mangas as much as you want! i've seen some anime fans, but so few threads for them. so i decided to create one. you can feel free to post news, pics, whatever. here's some news that i really wanted to post:

*Rurouni Kenshin returns to Toonami on August 16th, Saturdays @ 9:30 PM
*Rurouni Kenshin translated mangas will be avaiable sometime in November
*current toonami line-up:

justice league @ 5
dragonball z @ 5:30
cyborg 009 @ 6
yu yu hakashou @ 6:30

*i heard that shaman king anime is coming to fox kids soon in america, just don't know when
*mangas that are featured in the magazine "shonen jump" are avaible in mangas printed by them
*db-gt is on the internation channel on sundays at 7:30 *not in english*

so what do you people think of cyborg 009 for those of you who have seen it?

(please log in to view the image)

i've got some other favorite animes beside dbz, but i'll name them later. gtg ^.~

~battousai yuriko~

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 08:57 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Well as you can see I am a huge fan. Some of my favorites are anime and manga I have to find myself.

I have seen all but Cyborg 009... Sorry about that. Maybe I will check it out.

My favorite anime is Spirited Away and my favorite recent manga is Fake!.

I have lots to talk about expecially style and stuff but I will latter.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:04 PM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

TRIGUN RULES! GO WOLFWOOD!!! Sry had to put that there...

made by verauko

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:10 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Trigun and Vash the Stampede

i like trigun because it's funny, or was when vash first met wolfwood. the last epi i saw was when wolf was fighting with this other guy and ended up dying. they fought with christian crosses shaped guns that was so cool!

this one here would make a great avatar:

there was this other picture that was of when trigun breaks to commerical but it was too big, wallpaper size.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:47 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Inu Yasha will return to the Cartoon Network on August 25th! Don't forget! *I read this news at:

Sengoku Jidai

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 02:35 AM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

i like anime but i haven't seen very much

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 03:22 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

which have you seen and liked? post some pix too if you like!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 04:12 AM
Sheepz
Butter on a Stick

My Favorite Anime is Cowboy Bebop (the show, the movie was ...ok) Other great animes are...Trigun, Excel Saga, and Card Captors (ok, shut up)

My favorite Mangas are Chobits, Angelic Layer, Love Hina, Kare Kano, and, above all, Paradise Kiss!!!!

Any movie by Hayao Miyazaki is awesome (I like KDS myself)

Yeah, so my least favorite stuff:
- Anything Dbz
- Ranma 1/2, the show
- Akira, the movie
- Inuyasha, manga and show
- Marmalade Boy

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:02 PM
Sheepz is currently offline Click here to Send Sheepz a Private Message Find more posts by Sheepz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

my faves:
rurouni kenshin
dragonball/z
naruto
shaman king
yu yu hakashou
trigun
inu yasha
kazan

bizarre/weridest anime movies:
akira
X

what's kare kano about?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:03 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i like spirited away, princess mononoke, akira, fist of the north star, ninja scroll, the basic ones.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

under the general fanfiction section, i posed a new thread called "the league of extraodinary gentlemen (anime style!)". please go check that out and help me turn it into a carry on story! ^.~

~battousai yuriko~

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 07:42 AM
Sheepz
Butter on a Stick

Kare Kano is about this girl who seems "perfect" and tries hard to be. She doesn't want anyone to know that she isn't all she seems to be. This boy comes to school and she falls for him. It's good, and not just for girls!

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 12:54 AM
Sheepz is currently offline Click here to Send Sheepz a Private Message Find more posts by Sheepz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

well, i love spirited away, princess mononoke, inuyasha, fruits basket (gotta fix sig), trigun, yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, card captor sakura, fooly cooly, blue gender, etc. i basically like them all. I do like Cyborg 009, and i know the voice actor for 009 is the same one for Tai in Digimon first season.

but you know what i hate most? for cn, the only play Inuyasha up to Kouga! It really gets me annoyed, because although i have all of the dvds, i don't want to watch reruns.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 03:55 PM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs.Sparrow

Seriously I went to a hotel and EVERYBODY practicly were dressed up for that and it scared me they looked like this at the hotel I meangeek

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 03:58 PM
Mrs.Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs.Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs.Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

anime convention? there are so many in Chicago. my dad said we could go to any one i wanted. great deal for me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 04:00 PM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Cowboy Bebop is back on Cartoon Network.big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 12:32 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel Luna

Here are my favorite animes these aren't in order...except Rurouni Kenshin is #1!!!

1.)Rurouni Kenshin
2.)WeiB Kruez
3.)Magic Knight Rayerth 1 & 2
4.)Sorcerer Hunters
5.)Ark the Lad
6.)DBZ
7.)Sailor Moon
8.)Ah! My Goddess
9.)Orphen
10.)Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
11.)Trigun
12.)Outlaw Star

Mangas:
DNAngel
Magic Knight Rayearth 1 & 2
Rurouni Kenshin
Sorcerer Hunters
Alice 19th

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 01:25 AM
Angel Luna is currently offline Click here to Send Angel Luna a Private Message Find more posts by Angel Luna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by fungrl515
well, i love spirited away, princess mononoke, inuyasha, fruits basket (gotta fix sig), trigun, yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, card captor sakura, fooly cooly, blue gender, etc. i basically like them all. I do like Cyborg 009, and i know the voice actor for 009 is the same one for Tai in Digimon first season.

but you know what i hate most? for cn, the only play Inuyasha up to Kouga! It really gets me annoyed, because although i have all of the dvds, i don't want to watch reruns.

seriously the same guy as in digimon?! *jaw drops* ~lol~ surprise surprise!

at the the link in my previous post (at Sengoku Jidai), it says that inu yasha will return on august 25th with new episodes. just takes a while to translate the anime into english dubbed. the dvds took forever to come out!

everyone, remember that rurouni kenshin comes back on at 9:30 pm on cartoon network, saturdays! yea!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 06:37 AM
Angel Luna

I'm buying all of the Rurouni Kenshin DVDs, and we're talking about 22 of them >.< But I know a WHOLE LOT of people are going to be happy that Kenshin is back on TV ^^.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 12:00 PM
Angel Luna is currently offline Click here to Send Angel Luna a Private Message Find more posts by Angel Luna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

The Battousai Returns!

Feel free to post pictures to celebrate the return of Rurouni Kenshin today!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 10:23 PM