KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What determines Maturity

What determines Maturity
Started by: The Force

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

What determines Maturity

well?

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 01:54 AM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

The ability to use good judgement- ie, you've had four beers and some guy challenges you to a street race... Bad idea to accept.

There's more, I know, but I need a few minutes to think about it.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:02 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

Exactly like thinking maturily, btu i'm confused on what determines it?

is it the way other ppl act, does it depend on the type of person, like don't take advice from a druggie on wether or not to take drugs

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:32 AM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I'm not sure what you mean about the second part...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:33 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

on the drugs part

Does it take maturity in decision making to say no?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:35 AM
Darth Revan
-

No. Because I know both mature people who have experimented with drugs, and immature people who never have.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:43 AM
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

well the was it a mature decision to make to experiment with them?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:51 AM
Darth Revan
-

Probably not. But here's something to think about: one person who I know is around 40, and tried pot when she was in high school. She said she hated it the first time she tried it. If she had never tried it, would she think of doing it as an immature thing?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:57 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shouldnt this go in the GDF forum?

I agree with Darth Revan its your judgement mostly that gets you a good mature image

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 05:13 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

So then it takes maturity to nto do the drugs again, what about the addiction? Is it immature to get addicted after that one try?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 04:49 PM
Darth Revan
-

No, it's not, because a lot of drugs cause a physical addiction, which is tough for anybody to resist.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 04:58 PM
phinney6
consiglieri

Maturity is the ability to recognize a problema nd act on it in the most sensible way possible. Age factors in because Of experience, if you do not try it and never experience something bad you cannot be more mature about it the next tiime.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 09:49 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes

I dont think being mature has anything to do with how drugs influence you sad

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 10:35 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

one matures when one realizes that their is no such concept as maturity...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:41 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats not true wink theres many concepts to maturity and how you can become it.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:40 AM
Fëanor

one is naive to think that he/she is mature or even to say "I know I am".

maturity is not something one decides just because you've reached a certain point in ones life...there are no deciding factors to say when one is mature...by acting or being mature does not constitute maturity...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:52 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

indeed... It's like wisdom... If you tell yourself you are, you aren't.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 04:59 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
one is naive to think that he/she is mature or even to say "I know I am".

maturity is not something one decides just because you've reached a certain point in ones life...there are no deciding factors to say when one is mature...by acting or being mature does not constitute maturity...

Feanor's hitting the nail right on the head with this concept.

A grown adult who is a comedian...is old enough to be mature. But they are paid to act immature by telling jokes and making fun of things...

Maturity is more a quality that can be displayed at any given moment....not a status quo that is reached at a particular age.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:04 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious

Maturity is more a quality that can be displayed at any given moment....not a status quo that is reached at a particular age.

"Quality"...yes...that was the word i was looking for

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:48 PM
silver_tears

I think age plays a part too yes
I mean most often then not (not always wink ) people at like their 30s would be more mature than someone in their late teens.

If you mean what ideas determine maturity, then I think the ability to think under pressure and make decisions based on sensible judgements without falling under peer pressure, then I suppose that's maturity.

A dictionary definition of the word mature is to reach your full natural growth, physically and mentally, so therefore some people are never capable of the levels of maturity as others.

I hope that made sense embarrasment

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 04:30 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote