KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should you marry someone of a different relion then you?

Should you marry someone of a different relion then you?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Love Should you marry someone of a different relion then you?

I think it is ok but when it comes to tellling your kids about relion which one are you going to teach.,Yours or your husband/wife?
I mean if one parent was jewish and the other was christen what are you going to tell your kid when he wants to decide on what relion he is going to follow?
Anyone have any thoughts or suggustions on this?And yes I am on a roll!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:18 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

I dont see any problem with marrying someone of a different religion as long as they dont try to convert me. You teach your children both religions, they can choose for themselves. Then you have to respect your childs choice. The only issue is where to hold the wedding!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:30 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

If you love them, yes.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Should you marry somebody of a different race? Ethnic backround?

It should not matter.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:31 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if religion is a problem to you, don't come outside the house then ...
and under normal circumstances, you love the person you marry, if you can't bring up to look past that... stay in your house even longer

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't see a problem. You marry a person because you love them. Not because your religion tells you. My brother in law is Orthodox Greek Christian and my sister is Catholic and they got married. No one had a problem not even the priests.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:38 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Religion shouldn't matter if you love the person enough to want to marry them.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naybean

it shouldnt but it does- there are a lot of parents out there who would disown their children if they married someone from a diff religion. my bf's parents wud disown him if they knew i wasnt jewish.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:44 PM
naybean is currently offline Click here to Send naybean a Private Message Find more posts by naybean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

OK, everyone's pretty much stuck to the idea that if you love somebody then their religion shouldn't be a factor. But I noticed the part in Jackie's post where she asked what religion do you teach any children you may have. As far as I am concerned, said children should be taught enough information on most religions to be able to make up their own mind. I'm ever grateful that my parents didn't shove religion down my throat as a child, I am an atheist now and I made that choice myself. But I also opted to take Religious Education in school so I would be well informed about worldly religion and culture. Not because I believe in any certain faith, but because it interested me, and I had that choice.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:10 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I agree with Sy, educate the child and then let them decide for themselves.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:11 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I agree with Sy, educate the child and then let them decide for themselves.

*hooks arm through yours*

I think we're done here.......

laughing out loud

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 06:12 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Should you marry someone of a different relion then you?
no, not I

nothing wrong in other people doing it though

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 07:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Religious differences should be of no more significance than variations in masturbatory techniques

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 07:56 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
significance than variations in masturbatory techniques
yeah and when you get cream in your pipes you can give it a try

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 08:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barakus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't actually matter IMHO, because each person is an individual and has their own religious beliefs. Religion is a set of rules that people follow because they believe it will lead to happiness, if your partner is of another faith it should have no noticeable effect on your personal relationship, if both of you are satisfied with what you each believe in then there really shouldn't be problems in the aforementioned relationship.

Anyway, rules are there to be broken right? Flexibility is a human virtue wink

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:20 PM
Barakus is currently offline Click here to Send Barakus a Private Message Find more posts by Barakus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnival_junkie
God

Re: Should you marry someone of a different relion then you?

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I think it is ok but when it comes to tellling your kids about relion which one are you going to teach.,Yours or your husband/wife?
I mean if one parent was jewish and the other was christen what are you going to tell your kid when he wants to decide on what relion he is going to follow?

1. I dont think it really matters if you marry someone outside of your religion... just as long as you two can get along.

2. I'm going to tell my children that they can decide for themselves what they want to believe. I was told that, and I wish to do the same for my children.

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 10:35 PM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I dont think it really matters if you marry someone outside of your religion
well not everyone have a religion.........

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 05:42 AM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy

Ok, should you? No.
Can you? yes.

And here is why i think that. My mother has a female friend, who was 16 when she got married to a Pentecostal (sp?) preacher (who was 29). So she had to wear dresses and never cut her hair, do what he says, not where make up, etc. Now, obviously she wasn't pentecostal when they met but "she loved him". Now, 3 years later, the have one daughter, another on the way, she cheated on him, left him, cut her hair and has become a ****. And her excuse? I don't like wearing dresses all the time.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 05:35 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Barakus
It doesn't actually matter IMHO, because each person is an individual and has their own religious beliefs. Religion is a set of rules that people follow because they believe it will lead to happiness, if your partner is of another faith it should have no noticeable effect on your personal relationship, if both of you are satisfied with what you each believe in then there really shouldn't be problems in the aforementioned relationship.

Anyway, rules are there to be broken right? Flexibility is a human virtue wink

That's ma kid bruv yes He's almost a whole ft taller than me but he's still the little fella whose nappies I once changed stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 06:34 PM
Fire

it doesn't matter
marry someone you love their religion should not matter, your kids will find out in time which religion(s) feel(s) right for them.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 06:40 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote