KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Heaven coping for death?

Heaven coping for death?
Started by: JohnPreston

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnPreston
Grammaton Cleric

Heaven coping for death?

Heaven is just peoples coping for death such as reincarnation.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:26 AM
JohnPreston is currently offline Click here to Send JohnPreston a Private Message Find more posts by JohnPreston Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

its not that simple...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnPreston
Grammaton Cleric

ok then explain

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:38 AM
JohnPreston is currently offline Click here to Send JohnPreston a Private Message Find more posts by JohnPreston Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

its a question of faith, of a belief that there is some higher plain of existence, something to aspire to. look at buddhism, they believe in reincarnation, there whole belief system is based on the assumption that they have more than one lifetime (that and attaining spiritual enlightenment and many others). sure it makes death easier to handle, but i believe its more than that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnPreston
Grammaton Cleric

lets say you were reincarnated
if you dont know you are reincarnated why does it even matter
if you cant enjoy the second life why believe it

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

but why not believe it? why not believe u can have a second chance?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:57 AM
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnPreston
lets say you were reincarnated
if you dont know you are reincarnated why does it even matter
if you cant enjoy the second life why believe it

Your essence should be carried over shouldn't it? Their belief is that eventually you'd get into some symbiosis with the universe or something when you become perfect. The "am" will live one even If the "I" won't.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:42 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I have to say I argee with Pr1983 on this one1Being the first time I ever argee with someone on this site!Go Pr!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:51 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing

now i'll never make the list stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:52 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

No I am afraid you will not!LOL!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:54 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc X
The Priestess's Mercenary

damn i am so sorry to hear that pr
but on the other hand i just made the list big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:57 PM
Havoc X is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc X a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yes, heaven is just a way for people to cope with death. It's much nicer to believe that when your loved ones die they go to some magical place in the sky, just like it's easier to tell your kid that their pet ran away to join the circus than it is to explain to them what death is.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:00 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

That is true Cheese but I think that may be lieing to the kids.I mean in that sence it is ok to lie to them but one day I think it is good if you exclaim the truth to them.
That way they know.JM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
damn i am so sorry to hear that pr
but on the other hand i just made the list

*shakes fist furiously*

damn you! stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:02 PM
Havoc X

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
That is true Cheese but I think that may be lieing to the kids.I mean in that sence it is ok to lie to them but one day I think it is good if you exclaim the truth to them.
That way they know.JM

and this coming from a 13 year old KID if shes that old

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:04 PM
Havoc X is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc X a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc X

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
*shakes fist furiously*

damn you! stick out tongue

and i only made one post and she did her whole "you on the list"
so stick out tongue laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance evil face

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:06 PM
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
That way they know.JM

I agree, people deserve to know the truth. Which is why I believe people should stop believing religious lies like heaven and hell and just live life for what it's worth.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:06 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
I agree, people deserve to know the truth. Which is why I believe people should stop believing religious lies like heaven and hell and just live life for what it's worth.

lies? i'm sorry but how do you know? i don't know if there is anything more, but until we can prove otherwise i don't see anything wrong in believing that the human consciousness can expand and evolve after we die.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:11 PM
Afro Cheese

Well you can believe whatever you want, but in the end there is nothing to back that up. I can't prove there is no heaven, but I have no reason to believe there is. I'm just confused by the fact that it seem as if the average person does buy into heaven and hell and many other aspects of religion without even questioning it. As far as I'm concerned, it's not "how can you prove there's no afterlife?" it's "what is your reason for believing there is?" I understand people want hope and faith that life isn't it, but just because you want it to be true doesn't mean you can go around telling everybody that it is definitely true.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:19 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

There is notheirng wrong with that too PR but the kids should know.What ever you belive in is what you should tell the kids.Maybe you are wrong but if it has something to do with your relion or whatever.
Kids deserve to know the truth.JM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 06:19 PM