KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What if Aliens exist?

What if Aliens exist?
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if Aliens exist?

what would it mean, to any religion that has at it's core that *a* god(s) created Earth / Life on Earth (with no reference to other planets) and the whole "we are special" thing, if life on other planets is found?

doesn't it make "Genesis", for one, ... um... wrong?

Attachment: grey_alien.jpg
This has been downloaded 516 time(s).

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:10 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

There is a small chance that they don't exist, there is a very, very, very small chance that we will ever have any contact with them...

The bible said nothing about not making the alien worlds, maybe the extra terrestrials have a different bible witch talks about it, then again, religion is based on faith not fact so it wouldn't effect anything.

I believe the bible is just a fiction novel created for entertainment purposes...

Man will never no...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:28 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

For a long time the Earth was considered to be the only world. Therefore extraterrestrials just weren't an issue for the Biblical writers.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:30 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Therefore the bible is full of shit smile

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:40 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XjainaX
goddess in training

Gods have been created by humans to give a purpose to life, i recon there has to be other life 'cos the probability of life being created is so small that it is nearly impossible but here we are and if something happens once it can easily happen again!

Trickster Goddess smile

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:12 PM
XjainaX is currently offline Click here to Send XjainaX a Private Message Find more posts by XjainaX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magee
Therefore the bible is full of shit smile

Well said.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:41 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

If aliens could be proved, I bet many Christians would lose their faith in scripture since it doesn't mention it. Many believe that we've never gone to the moon, cause somewhere in the Bible it say that man will not leave the earth, or something like that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 10:51 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

oh and if earth was created in 6 days then dinosaurs could never of existed...
thats what i've heard from really religious friends...

i do think dinos existed. i can't wait till someone accidently finds one still preserved or alive. that would jus question peoples faith.

i believe that with all the space out there..there has got to be some other beings other than humans around. otherwise, it would really suck talking only to humans for all time. lol

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:25 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

What happened to that frozen mammoth? You can't have made it into a very hairy soup!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:20 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SIC_666
You Made Me....

Aliens DO exist

"My god..The House of Ribs..Gone"

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:25 PM
SIC_666 is currently offline Click here to Send SIC_666 a Private Message Find more posts by SIC_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I choose not to believe in aliens and I am sticking to it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:12 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I choose not to believe in aliens and I am sticking to it.JM

Because you don't believe in the evidence some provide or because you choose to keep your head in the sand?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:14 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Nether.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:17 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

There is no actual evidence either way.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:31 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

However, they DO exist.

Okay, think of it this way.

Look up to the sky on a clear night and look at all the countless numbers of stars that you can see.

Now, let's say, for argument's sake, half of thos stars that we can see had planets revolving around them.

Okay, so now say that *those* half of the stars had planets that had livable conditions. (Right temeperature, water, air to breath, plants...)

Well, now let's say half of that half had microorganisms. (Bacteria etc.)

Now let's say that those half had some sort of multi-celled organisms living on them. (Animals.)

Now, we say half of that half had intelligent or semi-intelligent organisms living on them.

Do you follow?

Well, if not, I assume you get the picture. Anyway, now that we've halved and halved and halved and halved, do you know how many stars and star systems we still have left?

A LOT!

And that, my friends, is why I believe in aliens.

(Oh, and if you were wondering, I read something like this in a magazine, and it does have a very good point!)

Old Post May 25th, 2005 12:36 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

how can WE be the only living matter in the entire universe.

so yes , i believe that aliens do exist

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:30 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

This may sound strange, but I've read that a source has it that our little world has been quarantined off from the rest of the universes because our beliefs and views are too primitive...Not reaching our higher good.

That life does exist on other planets, but they're not supposed to contact

us yet.

Oh...the things I read....

Last edited by debbiejo on May 25th, 2005 at 03:41 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:38 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

It's arrogant to believe that we're alone.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 03:52 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

Originally posted by Solo

true. But humans are arrogant, are they not??

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:51 AM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Originally posted by Solo

How so?Everyone has different reasons to believe or not to belived.No one can force them to believe in something that they don't.JM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 11:01 AM