KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Death isnt so bad.

Death isnt so bad.
Started by: Great Vengeance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Great Vengeance

Death isnt so bad.

I know most of you have a strong desire to live...its in our nature...however step back for a second, would it really be so bad if death was total detachment? No more worries, trivial tasks, biological needs, you would finnaly be at peace. Death is something to look forward to if anything, not fear. I would actually be disappointed if I was reincarnated back to earth, one lifetime of this shit is enough for me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 02:03 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

maybe you have a choice whether to reincarnate or not....I wouldn't want to believe that I would never exists beyond this life...And I don't think it works like that...We do go on somewhere, in some way.....This life does have lots of struggles, but it comes down to how you really look at things...your out look on it....

But as of now...yes...I really enjoy living and want to experience all there is in this life before I leave it....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 11:15 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
maybe you have a choice whether to reincarnate or not....I wouldn't want to believe that I would never exists beyond this life...And I don't think it works like that...We do go on somewhere, in some way.....This life does have lots of struggles, but it comes down to how you really look at things...your out look on it....

But as of now...yes...I really enjoy living and want to experience all there is in this life before I leave it....

Oh that'S really good for you that you believe that and all....but how can one believe that....I mean there's no evidence, it is just wish thinking....from all we know people die...and they never are seen again......

Oh and although I agree that Death is not top be feared...I'd like to have a long life....or maybe two...wouldn't mind that either........I don't see the whole "life is pain" way of life.......I am happy usually...and my eyes are open....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh that'S really good for you that you believe that and all....but how can one believe that....I mean there's no evidence, it is just wish thinking....

Well...I probably read more than you... big grin

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:22 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by debbiejo
Well...I probably read more than you... big grin

Doubtful.......no expression

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:25 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^ I probably do....just different subjects.....
There has been much published on near death experiences and what one sees and hears...And if we are all energy...like in quantum physics theories then our essence cannot be destroyed...also with that field...it would make sense of many metaphysical phenomenon

Last edited by debbiejo on Sep 20th, 2005 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:30 PM
Bardock42

Ok, I won't argue with you on who has the bigger size, but still....how do you come to the conclusion that there is an afterlife? Reading Books from wackos that say they left their body saw tons of flowers and whatever......especially since there are hundreds of different near-death experiences......

Besides there is a logical explaination for that.....but why...just why do you think you will be able to chose if you are reincarnated.......how come.....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 01:34 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I said maybe you could chose reincarnation...And what do you consider wacko....and yes my point is that there are many types of near death experiences....so there can't just be one type...And I've heard the logical explanation for that as well...but that is only looking at it from a physical point..a physical body function of the brain....not the energy point that is in everything that is living and non-living...photons.....they are alive...wave form and can change it's form...can even blink in and out of our view or what we would call reality...And seem to have an intelligence to them..

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 02:21 PM
Bardock42

Oh god....I will not argue with you......pointless.....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:09 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Why?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:18 PM
Bardock42

Cause it won't bring me pleasure.....

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:24 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

laughing out loud

The world is not always filled with pleasure.....But you said "There is no evidence."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:29 PM
Deano

Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 03:42 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Death... life... whatever at least I will not have to wake up early anymore... I donīt think concionsness is limited to the brain, and I donīt fear death, I think its just a different state of conciousness... why people fear death so easily if they donīt know if death is really the end !?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 09:55 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Originally posted by Atlantis001
Death... life... whatever at least I will not have to wake up early anymore... I donīt think concionsness is limited to the brain, and I donīt fear death, I think its just a different state of conciousness... why people fear death so easily if they donīt know if death is really the end !?

They fear the unknown, and its the fear of the unknown that causes all this bullcrap like heaven and god.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 01:31 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

It's human nature to fear the unknown.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2005 10:11 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'm not afraid of death, unknown or not.

Sure some days suck, but better days come and there are always little things that brighten a day and make life worth living. Find your purpose. Serve people, love people, write, make a mark on the world by trying your very best to be selfless, this selfish act would make for a better you

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 04:05 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tax

Julie, the moment you try to find your purpose, it is the start of suffering. Hope you realize it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 12:00 PM
tax is currently offline Click here to Send tax a Private Message Find more posts by tax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

There is afterlife.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 12:55 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I believe Heaven and Hell are places on Earth. Once you die, you are worm food.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 01:15 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote