KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Does ''History repeat itself''.....

Does ''History repeat itself''.....
Started by: kmcdude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Does ''History repeat itself''.....

I mean ever really thought about stuff that has happened in your life and then kind of happens again later but just with different people? blink

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 07:59 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

It sure does....It seems it just keeps repeating until you make a different choice or learn something from it.....I've had that happen big time....Now I'm aware of it and work with it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 03:32 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I swear I’ve answered this question before. laughing

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 06:06 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I've watched it happen to people, and tried to point it out.... yes ...Sadly they've had to learn it in their own time.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 11:27 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Genius
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting thread, the rise of Nazis in Europe indicate that people have not learnt.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2005 11:29 PM
Evil Genius is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Genius a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Genius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XANA_Mar
Mar The Great

Historyan here.

I'm a historyan.And I beleave it does.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 01:28 AM
XANA_Mar is currently offline Click here to Send XANA_Mar a Private Message Find more posts by XANA_Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Seems everything goes in cycles, from biological functions, seasons, universal to historical to personal lessons...hmmm cyclical.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 10:48 AM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Its interesting how everything in nature goes in cycles, maybe there is a reason for this... for why things must return to a point where they begun to form a cycle I mean.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 12:08 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Yes history does repeat itself; it isn't 100% exactly the same but you can see the similarities throughout history.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 03:25 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Yes it does!
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
Am I stuck?
I think I am!
I think I am!
I think I am!
I think I am! sick

laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 07:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OK.... blink

You are.... laughing out loud

It's cyclical you know......LOL

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 07:48 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
OK.... blink

You are.... laughing out loud

It's cyclical you know......LOL

Are you sure?
Are you sure?
Are you sure?
Are you sure?

sick
laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:00 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I'm cyclical....female, you know.... eek!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:05 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I swear I’ve answered this question before. laughing

laughing out loud .... cud when we experience deja vu ..

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:40 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

When things repeat themselves that your sure you've done before, it is called dashavue. But it is like George Santayana says, "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 09:01 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

History repeats its self....you eat, you have to go....you sleep...you get up.....and over again... huh

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:23 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
History repeats its self....you eat, you have to go....you sleep...you get up.....and over again... huh

Didn't you say that before? laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:58 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yeah, yesterday.... blink

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 11:49 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Of course history repeats itself. And every time it does, the price we pay for it repeating goes up.

I agree with debbiejo - it will keep on repeating till we learn from it.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Dec 7th, 2005 11:31 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

umm..."History teaches us that people never learn from history" - Hegel

History is both a cause of the future and an effect of it's own past.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2005 11:49 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote