KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » words of wisdom

words of wisdom
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

words of wisdom

You are about to die and you can only leave your child with two words and two words only. What would those two words be?

I once met a man with a calming presence whom asked me this same question. I asked him what the point of the quest was. He told me that i should figure out my two words and then do my very best to live my life by the meaning of them. I have since been asking people this question and it can be interesting the answers i receive. Many times, if i know the person. They answer the question with two words of description that i would have used to describe their character. It is nothing important, but it is one of those exercises that are supposed to help you find yourself

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 11:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Love you

(Would rather use three words but whatever) It's the only thing I can think of that would even be slightly relevant at a time like that.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 06:01 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm thinking

"Keep safe"
"Stay healthy"
"Don't cry"
"avenge me"

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:02 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: words of wisdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
You are about to die and you can only leave your child with two words and two words only. What would those two words be?

I once met a man with a calming presence whom asked me this same question. I asked him what the point of the quest was. He told me that i should figure out my two words and then do my very best to live my life by the meaning of them. I have since been asking people this question and it can be interesting the answers i receive. Many times, if i know the person. They answer the question with two words of description that i would have used to describe their character. It is nothing important, but it is one of those exercises that are supposed to help you find yourself

F**k ALOT! (I know "alot" is two words. STFU b***hes.)

really, though,...I could NEVER do it in two words. EVER. Two words would fail at any point that I was trying to convey. I could not make ANY point that I would want to make with two words.

Example.

To my son:

"F**k as many women as you can but wrap it before you tap it."

Or

"Learn everything you can with a reasonable accord with time and always work hard for your family and life."

Or

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Love is the answer."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Re: words of wisdom

Patience and try to see things from other peoples eyes...I love you.

Sorry, I can't do two words....I would just talk really, really fast.....LOL

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:56 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: words of wisdom

Originally posted by Deja~vu

Sorry, I can't do two words....I would just talk really, really fast.....LOL

lol thats ok, i couldnt think of anything for the longest time, so, i just went the gladiator route...strength and honor lol

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: words of wisdom

Originally posted by dadudemon
F**k ALOT! (I know "alot" is two words. STFU b***hes.)

really, though,...I could NEVER do it in two words. EVER. Two words would fail at any point that I was trying to convey. I could not make ANY point that I would want to make with two words.

Example.

To my son:

"F**k as many women as you can but wrap it before you tap it."

Or

"Learn everything you can with a reasonable accord with time and always work hard for your family and life."

Or

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Love is the answer."

laughing out loud you remind of the grandfather in little miss sunshine. I guess for the last quote, you could just say star wars. laughing out loud I wonder if Star wars was ever any ones last words

I think instead of trying to find two words which best capture your point. find two words where the definitions themselves mirror the morals you would like to instill

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:03 AM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Re: Re: Re: words of wisdom

lol thats ok, i couldnt think of anything for the longest time, so, i just went the gladiator route...strength and honor lol
Okay, here's my 2 words.

See ya.

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 01:13 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Re: Re: Re: Re: words of wisdom

Okay, here's my 2 words.

See ya.

laughing out loud

That's already evident. Pick something else! wink

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 07:01 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

have faith
be happy
love yourself
love others
be selfless
find truth
find beauty
trust yourself
accept mistakes
remember me
find yourself
find love
find god
love all
dont cry
see feal
awaken yourself
dont regret
forget sorrow
remember yourself
live on

the list goes on.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 11:14 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: words of wisdom

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
That's already evident. Pick something else! wink
Okay...Dream BIG!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:15 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Carpe diem, though I don' t wait until tomorrow to say any important things my loved ones need to know. Any day could be the last.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:56 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"love you"
"be happy"
"be yourself"
"you're special"

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 05:02 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I'd probably say, "Don't worry." Or "It's Okay."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 01:06 PM
Impediment
Endless

Live happily.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 01:23 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Say no.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 02:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captive
yourz truly

Live dreams

Join the Darkside!

"You can not love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself."

[[myspace.com/dlshs1]]

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 03:50 PM
Captive is currently offline Click here to Send Captive a Private Message Find more posts by Captive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

LIVE

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 01:08 AM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Re: Re: Re: Re: words of wisdom

Okay, here's my 2 words.

See ya.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud That was cool.

I would say the same.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 01:17 AM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demon-lllama
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed How would you react if I said..

Fort Lauderdale
Key West

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 01:30 AM
demon-lllama is currently offline Click here to Send demon-lllama a Private Message Find more posts by demon-lllama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote