KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What's in store for humans?

What's in store for humans?
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's in store for humans?

Here's a thread where you discuss what you think shall happen to humans.

Personally, I think if we don't destroy ourselves we'll evolve into something that'll possibly be godlike.

Of course I could be crazy, dreaming, optimistic, or all three. big grin

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 06:00 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

It depends, so hard to say...nothing might happen, we could stay this way forever...or we might be destroyed in the next four seconds...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 10:37 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Very optimistic view, thread starter. I hope you're right.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 11:09 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do as well, I think we could become something much more than what we are now. I'm dead serious when I say this...but one of the main things holding us back are obesity. It's because that obese people may have children, which makes the gene pool weaker and passes on disease. If people took better care of themselves, then we'd be so much closer to evolving. We'll get there, though, and if we do, maybe we'd be able to create our own Olympus where we live in an eternally peaceful place? I could be dreaming or I could be dead on the mark. Either way, I'll probably never find out.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 03:32 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

obese people? blink

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 07:20 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, when you're obese, you get diseases like diabetes. That's weakening the race, especially when they decide they want kids and shit like that.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 05:06 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Humans have been evolving, we are generally bigger (in height AND weight) than we were even 300 years ago. Without a selection pressure to select towards the "godlike" end of the spectrum, I don't predict any drastic changes. In fact, it is presumptuous to assume that humans have a "more important" role in the biological community than earthworms. To me we do, as I am a human (as far as you know) but on a large scale, humans are just as important as any other species. We are currently more important because we are killing off the other species, but that isn't important in a good way, that is our threat to the biological community on earth. Our planet would probably be better off if we weren't here at all. (I love it here, but that's probably selfish of me)

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 05:52 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: What's in store for humans?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Da Joker
what you think shall happen to humans.

more of the same and then some more

The only thing that will ever change is our skin color. One day after Centuries of interracial breeding we will be 8 feet tall and grey with big heads and large eyes. Other than that im sure we will all me running around trying to figure out the same, "Why are we here?" questions while killing each other in the process.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Aug 4th, 2008 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 03:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still believe we're going to involve into something else within the next few thousand years, if we don't destroy ourselves. It could be entirely possible, or we could evolve into a better race, but nothing godlike. Only time will tell.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 04:35 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Prediction?

Pain

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 03:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Assuming we progress the same as we are now. In a thousand years the average human will be plagued by all kinds of disease, physical and mental problems due to ever growing numbers of people with weak gene pools breeding and being passed down through the generations. Of course this is just my guess based on current trends, gene therapy has made huge progress so it is more than likely technology would solve this problem by way of dna manipulation. Regardless of what we may evolve in to we won't survive very long on this planet even if we rule out self extinction and natural cause. Again going by current rates in 1000 years time the human population will be well over 100 billion. However to answer your question "What's in store for humans?", extinction is inevitable.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 03:58 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not inevitable. I think human's could survive and become gods only if we get better as a whole species.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 09:26 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Not inevitable. I think human's could survive and become gods only if we get better as a whole species.

Ya, we are doomed. sad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 10:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

C'mon, we gotta maintain a more positive attitude than that. We don't want our race to end, so it's up to us to make sure it doesn't.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 11:21 PM
Magee

Seriously define god in this context. Do you mean live for ever / longer,supernatural powers or what? You are living in some sort of fantasy land or maybe you are just young and naive. What is your possitive attitude going to do if a 2 mile wide asteroid hits the planet? It's not up to us whether or not we become another extinct species, not at all.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 11:32 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: What's in store for humans?

Personally, I think if we don't destroy ourselves we'll evolve into something that'll possibly be godlike.

Agreed, Scientists have speculated that nanotechnology in the future will actually be able create matter. If it advances enough humans will actually make reality with nanotechnology.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 10:25 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

We'll destroy one another, it already started. In 75 years, we suffered great losses, and it's getting worst and worst as time goes by. It's inevitable. But I don't worry about that too much. Can't alter the human race's faith. I know it's pessimistict and that some people won't agree with me, but the proofs are there. We'll never be a united world. That means we'll never agree completely to one another, which means that we'll fight between one another.

Those who speak of the United Nations....
it sucks. Better than the society of Nations, but still sucks. I've studied it in political sciences, and have considered doing a master with this subject. Trust me, before we even get close to a near-perfect world organisation, it will be too late for us. Let's just enjoy our rootbeer and popcorn while watching movies.

(I'm only talking about the human factor, but let,s not forget the irreversible damage done to nature and other problems the world leaders have failed to correct)

Last edited by Mandos on Aug 6th, 2008 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 02:06 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superr

We really dont know, most of our quesses are wide of the mark. -That dosent frighten me ,in a way i find it hopeful and beautiful.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast" Alexander Pope.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 07:26 AM
superr is currently offline Click here to Send superr a Private Message Find more posts by superr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

despair, self annihlation and suffering. or delusions in the meantime.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 08:41 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

Every Single Person is going to die.
Anyone who argues this point is an idiot.

Sig By pittman

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 03:58 PM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote