KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Politically, What Am I?

Politically, What Am I?
Started by: Pyron_Knight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Politically, What Am I?

I dunno if this goes here.... Sorry if it doesn't.

Well I'm sure most people know about the Political Compass site but that little test of theirs just doesn't seem to work for me. I was a longtime Leninist but I've since decided I can't live that lie anymore...I believe in God and that people aren't equal so it just doesn't work.
So, i present a general idea of what I would want in a system. If it wouldn't work, sorry. I'm likely to change certain parts at times anyway.
I'm just looking for an idea where I would go on the political spectrum or which ideology I'm closest to.

-I support a one-party state. All citizens have the choice not to join the party but if they decline joining they have no representation in government.
-There should be a head of state with absolute power in the matters of military and foreign affairs. A bicameral legislature would be the governing body that would handle domestic affairs and the economy.
-Racists and others who peresecute people for how they were born are to be rounded up, reformed or killed. They condem human beings for things beyond their control and do not value life...thus their life is of no value either.
-I believe in free enterprise and monopolies but the state has a tight leesh on it all. Should businesses repeatedly violate the regulations set in place to protect workers they could be seized by the government.
-All citizens, even those who have not joined the party, have the basic liberties such as freedom of speech, right to assembly, freedom of religion, etc.. But only party members can elect representatives to the government. However the legislature has the right to strip any of these freedoms but only for a specified amount of time.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:33 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Re: Politically, What Am I?

quote: (post)
I believe in God and that people aren't equal so it just doesn't work.
-Racists and others who peresecute people for how they were born are to be rounded up, reformed or killed. They condem human beings for things beyond their control and do not value life...thus their life is of no value either.
What the f**k? Sorry but no matter how you spin it, those two beliefs cannot coexist with one another.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:39 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Politically, What Am I?

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Politically, What Am I?

immature

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:46 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote:
immature

Worthless opinions are...worthless. So why voice them?

quote:
Sorry but no matter how you spin it, those two beliefs cannot coexist with one another.

What beliefs? That God exists and that racists deserve to die?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:48 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

laughing

wonderful, you took the words right out of my mouth

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:52 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

That government would be so screwed that I really hope no one has given it enough thought to actually give it a name.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:53 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Of course they will. Everything good and bad is tried and tested by humans. It's how we learn.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:57 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

What beliefs? That God exists and that racists deserve to die?
You said that you believe people aren't equal...and then you said, and I quote, "Racists and others who peresecute people". Those two beliefs, or opinions, or thoughts, whatever you want to name them, can't possibly coexist.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:57 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

You cut off the key "for how they were born".
I don't look down on people for how they were born..rather, for what they do. Racists have an ideology of hate to their fellow man for things they have no control over. So I look down upon that just as I'd look down on any other person who committed a crime.
There's nothing inherently wrong with persecution...only you should persecute those who deserve it for doing something illegal or harmful.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:01 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

You cut off the key "for how they were born".
I don't look down on people for how they were born..rather, for what they do. Racists have an ideology of hate to their fellow man for things they have no control over. So I look down upon that just as I'd look down on any other person who committed a crime.
There's nothing inherently wrong with persecution...only you should persecute those who deserve it for doing something illegal or harmful.
So, basically, what your saying is, if a white guy calls a black guy a ******, or a jew a ****, then they're not okay with doing that? You'd shut them up?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:07 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

No...I'm not an African-American Rights nut. I have a brother who has black friends he calls ******* and Spanish friends he calls spics and it's fine. It's more than namecalling. I'm speaking of organized racial supremacy groups that operate freely in our screwed up system that simply should be shut down and their members at leas tall thrown in prison.
Not that it'd work with our stupid prison system already being messed up.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:09 AM
tsilamini

how is that granting them their basic freedoms though?

a person with freedom of speech and thought should be allowed to think and say what they like...

and organize with others who hold similar beliefs

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:09 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

That's a horrible blanket. Or do we allow people to meet and discuss blowing up buildings or raping women because we allow the right to speech and assembly?
Least I sure a shell hope we don't allow that.

I am pretty sure the KKK marched on the last Martin Luthor King Jr. Day...probably all of them. Why do we allow that? They're spouting pure hate and bile. It should be illegal.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:14 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No...I'm not an African-American Rights nut. I have a brother who has black friends he calls ******* and Spanish friends he calls spics and it's fine. It's more than namecalling. I'm speaking of organized racial supremacy groups that operate freely in our screwed up system that simply should be shut down and their members at leas tall thrown in prison.
Not that it'd work with our stupid prison system already being messed up.

Don't worry. If it weren't already screwed up, doing what you suggest would get it there in a big hurry.

And people can get together and talk about raping women. Hell, I do it regularly.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Why do we allow that? They're spouting pure hate and bile. It should be illegal.
Because with the good comes the bad. You can't allow one group of people to say their piece, and not allow the others to. As long as they're not physically hurting anyone, there's nothing wrong with it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:19 AM
tsilamini

whoops

wink

Last edited by tsilamini on Aug 11th, 2008 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:24 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote:
Don't worry. If it weren't already screwed up, doing what you suggest would get it there in a big hurry.

I don't want to do anything. Given actual power, I'd do none of what was listed except perhaps the racist persecutipn part. I know myself, and no other single person here, is qualified to create and run a system for a whole country.
It was a general list of shit I wrote up in a few minutes just to get avague general idea across and some replies.

quote:
Because with the good comes the bad. You can't allow one group of people to say their piece, and not allow the others to. As long as they're not physically hurting anyone, there's nothing wrong with it.

Are you saying words can't hurt people?

Last edited by Pyron_Knight on Aug 11th, 2008 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:37 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Are you saying words can't hurt people?
Words, as long as its just words, should never be a punishable offense, is my only answer to that question.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:48 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Well, I'm getting tired so I'll stop with this....
Like I said, that was all just something I wrote up in a minute just to see what others thought I was. Fact of the matter is, I've been a Leninist for most of my life...now I'm not. I want to find another political ideal to believe in and I was looking for help.
I'll just have to read and find it on my own I guess.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:09 AM
Bardock42

Well, I'm getting tired so I'll stop with this....
Like I said, that was all just something I wrote up in a minute just to see what others thought I was. Fact of the matter is, I've been a Leninist for most of my life...now I'm not. I want to find another political ideal to believe in and I was looking for help.
I'll just have to read and find it on my own I guess.

Market Anarchy. Take it no expression

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 12:31 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote