KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Dream Meanings

Dream Meanings
Started by: Grand_Moff_Gav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

Smile Dream Meanings

I did a search and couldn't find a topic on this so I thought I'd start a new one.

As we all know there are many psychologists who believe that your dreams symbolize your deepest thoughts, anxieties and needs that you yourself may not be aware of- the unconscious.

Anyway, has does anyone on KMC have their dreams interpreted? What have you found, does it seem to be correct?

Also, if you have a dream- share so we can all interpret together!

My dream is one i had just last night, hense the topic.

I was at a house party and all my friends were there, we were having a good time etc etc however my two streams of water started gushing from my top lip- like to tap streams. I was a bit startled and ran to the sink, turned on its tap and put my face under it- I think to hide the fact my lip was gushing water, anyway I went to a mirror and had two red spots about an inch apart which i thought must be responsible for the water...however as I examined closer I saw two holes, that looked normal/organic, just next to the two holes- they I assumed was were the water was comming from...

Whats interesting is I am sure I've had a dream in which this water thing has happened before...

What could it mean?

confused

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 05:40 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Dance, and by extension parties represent sexual intercourse. Anything that emits water is a phallic symbol. Fall into water, however, is symbolic of birth which is this case you did intentionally.

So either you have suppressed gay sex fantasies from your infancy or dream interpretation needs to be taken with a whole heaping bowl of salt.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 05:49 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Dance, and by extension parties represent sexual intercourse. Anything that emits water is a phallic symbol. Fall into water, however, is symbolic of birth which is this case you did intentionally.

So either you have suppressed gay sex fantasies from your infancy or dream interpretation needs to be taken with a whole heaping bowl of salt.

laughing out loud I love Sigmund! big grin

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 06:42 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

A simple but generally effective way to determine what a dream means is by recalling how you felt during the dream, or how you felt about a given scene or object (ie, you're highlighting the emotional charge rather than thinking about the dream content). It's also good to examine dreams over several nights to spot any patterns which may not be obvious with only one night of dreams. A dream journal helps.

If you can learn to lucid dream, you can "analyze" your dreams right on the spot. Needless to say, this is a more advanced method of dream interpretation.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 08:00 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I don't believe that dreams are random neuron impulses in the frontal lobe. I just find the term 'random' hard to believe. What is the biological purpose of a dream?

It's much deeper and complex in my opinion.

personal example:

last week i had a dream that there were a million cars in this landscape and all of them were broken down. I approached this one car. It was a blue maserati. The key was already in and the car was on. I just had to open the door.

that was my dream, and that same day we almost got into an accident by a blue maserati.

what are the odds of that?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 08:07 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
I don't believe that dreams are random neuron impulses in the frontal lobe. I just find the term 'random' hard to believe. What is the biological purpose of a dream?

To replenish neurotransmitters in the brain while maintaining a minimal level of operation. Or so I've been told.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 08:16 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

To replenish neurotransmitters in the brain while maintaining a minimal level of operation. Or so I've been told.
it's not a minimal level if it's rapidly firing.

maybe i'm mistaken.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 10:49 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just your mind, trying to use piece together images with your thoughts, whilst in a state between sleep and wake.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 12:45 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I don't think dreams mean anything. Although, like anything else, you can find as much meaning as you want.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 01:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

Here's a site I use to analyze my dreams.

www.dreammoods.com

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 11:26 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

First time I had a dream, I think I was 8 or so, and I dreamed I was in a street resembling a street in a next door village. I was alone in the middle of a road, and everywhere I turned, a great big wave of water came rushing towards me. There were 4 waves, and just before they got me, I woke up. My explanation behind it was the rain from outside.

Another dream I had around 8 was one where my leg was stuck to the road and I was trying to free it, but didn't. My Grandma was walking away ignoring me. A big lorry came and was going to hit me, again, I woke up before it did.

Since then I haven't dreamed at all until about last week. All I dream about now is just the future, or rather, the next day where I say things, do things, etc and I think it's real, and it keeps going until something in the real world actually wakes me up, and at first I'm confused, like, "Didn't all that just happen?" but then I experience and it's always different to my dream -- more dull.

Any reason behind those first 2 dreams, and these new more recent ones? I actually am asking here.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 06:07 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by lord xyz
First time I had a dream, I think I was 8 or so, and I dreamed I was in a street resembling a street in a next door village. I was alone in the middle of a road, and everywhere I turned, a great big wave of water came rushing towards me. There were 4 waves, and just before they got me, I woke up. My explanation behind it was the rain from outside.

Another dream I had around 8 was one where my leg was stuck to the road and I was trying to free it, but didn't. My Grandma was walking away ignoring me. A big lorry came and was going to hit me, again, I woke up before it did.

Since then I haven't dreamed at all until about last week. All I dream about now is just the future, or rather, the next day where I say things, do things, etc and I think it's real, and it keeps going until something in the real world actually wakes me up, and at first I'm confused, like, "Didn't all that just happen?" but then I experience and it's always different to my dream -- more dull.

Any reason behind those first 2 dreams, and these new more recent ones? I actually am asking here.
R u serious? I dream probably 4-5 times a week.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 12:28 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
R u serious? I dream probably 4-5 times a week.
I am, only recently have I been able to actually dream.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 07:51 PM
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I have always had very visual and multiple dreams a night...Every night!..They are so very visual and in color.

At one time when I was little and was told to go to bed, I hated it, but knew........Oooo I'd have dreamsssssssssssss...and to me that was really cool.

My night sleep is soooooooo filled with dreams that I have a problem with understanding all the underlying meanings to them...Hence why I try to look up symbolism's on dreams.

They have always been apart of my life. Now, I am trying to understand the meaning or message of them.

They are so real as my waking life, but when I wake up I know that they are just dreams..............but there are some instances that things I dream do come true...

Last edited by Deja~vu on Sep 1st, 2008 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 09:46 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's possible that I just forget my dreams, but really, if you're dreaming, are you really asleep, or in a different state of mind between sleep and wake?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 10:48 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by Deja~vu
but there are some instances that things I dream do come true...

are dreams where are minds/souls travel to a dimension where spacetime is not an issue is that how we can see the future before it happens? hmmm lemme sleep on it..lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 03:53 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by lord xyz
I am, only recently have I been able to actually dream.
More accurately, only recently have you begun to remember your dreams.

We are always dreaming, even when awake, but we don't see them during the day for the same reason we don't see the stars during the day: the sun outshines them. So with dreams, our sensory perceptions and common mental activities outshine the subtler processes which we perceive at night and call dreams (basically it has to do with where our point of attention is, ie, where the organism is focusing energy for managing either gross or subtle life processes).

Interesting FYI: if I remember my psychopharmacology correctly, dreaming "brightness" gets turned up with serotonin hallucinogens (eg, LSD). The hallucinogen interferes with inhibitor neurons which normally keep dream brightness low.

This is why these drugs induce hallucinations: what you're seeing are your dreams while awake, outshining normal sensory and mental impressions.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 05:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

dude you did to much lsd...lol...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:42 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Mindship
More accurately, only recently have you begun to remember your dreams.

We are always dreaming, even when awake, but we don't see them during the day for the same reason we don't see the stars during the day: the sun outshines them. So with dreams, our sensory perceptions and common mental activities outshine the subtler processes which we perceive at night and call dreams (basically it has to do with where our point of attention is, ie, where the organism is focusing energy for managing either gross or subtle life processes).

Interesting FYI: if I remember my psychopharmacology correctly, dreaming "brightness" gets turned up with serotonin hallucinogens (eg, LSD). The hallucinogen interferes with inhibitor neurons which normally keep dream brightness low.

This is why these drugs induce hallucinations: what you're seeing are your dreams while awake, outshining normal sensory and mental impressions.

Do you have a citation for that? It gives me some great "psychic-steganography" plot ideas and I'd love a way to justify the concept.

A juvenal prank.

Last edited by Symmetric Chaos on Sep 4th, 2008 at 06:49 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:46 AM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Do you have a citation for that? It gives me some great "psychic-steganography" plot ideas and I'd love a way to justify the concept.

what r u trying to hide in your quotes..lol

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 06:50 AM