KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » possession

possession
Started by: red g jacks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

possession

what exactly makes something 'yours'

i personally think it's fine for me to steal shit. prove me wrong.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:40 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: possession

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks

It all depends on what you want out of life. You make the bed you sleep in.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:55 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

so if i steal from people, people will steal from me?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:57 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

so if i steal from people, people will steal from me?

Why not? Just think about the type of people you hang around. How many of them will steal from you, if they could? You are setting yourself up for a life style. Also, you run the risk that one day someone, who you are stealing from, takes out a gun and puts a bullet in your head.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:04 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

so what if i don't involve my friends in my thievery? say i hang out with normal people, and only steal from companies who would rather go bankrupt than 'shoot me in the head?'

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:11 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

i personally think it's fine to smash people like you to a pulp. prove me wrong.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:21 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

make your own thread.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:24 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

You're an idiot.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:26 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

u r

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:32 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'm not the one that "steals shit" and thinks it's fine as long as no one can "prove me wrong" against any BS arguments I can think of.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 07:42 AM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

who's to say i steal shit? i only suggested it'd be ok for me to do so. it's a hypothetical scenario.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 08:02 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Are you sure?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:14 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The inability of others to take it away from you.

Also, I'll cosign the guy who insulted you.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 03:54 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

others do have the ability to take it away.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:06 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The less we can trust each other, the more complicated ordinary life gets. One could say stealing behavior is like a lesion, violating the pragmatic conformity of society.

smokin'

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 11:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I haven't read any-ones posts yet.

You steal? You steal what is not your possessions? Then I suppose it would make it yours. Keep in mind that nothing comes without consequences, whether it is now or later.

It still doesn't make it yours though cause you didn't get permission to have it, so it is not yours.

Can I steal your wife? Can I steal your life? Can I steal your identity? Are you okay with that?

The only thing I did steal was toilet paper cause we were in a place....and we just put some in our pockets. It didn't hurt anyone and we stopped.

Last edited by Deja~vu on Nov 4th, 2008 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 01:37 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

so what if i don't involve my friends in my thievery? say i hang out with normal people, and only steal from companies who would rather go bankrupt than 'shoot me in the head?'

Normal people would find out and not be friends with you.

BTW, ignore the trolls. I understand that you are talking hypothetically.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Nov 4th, 2008 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:20 AM
Aequo Animo
Operation: Hot Mother

If you work for something that is available to all, or is up for grabs by someone else who is willing to give it. Basically you earn it.
But it takes force to keep it. Even if someone steals it, it's still yours... you just don't get to enjoy it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:38 AM
Aequo Animo is currently offline Click here to Send Aequo Animo a Private Message Find more posts by Aequo Animo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

others do have the ability to take it away.

But they haven't done that yet so the stuff is still mine.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 03:04 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Most people would not think it's ok to take some thing that some one else has worked for. If some one does thats fine but they need to be ready for the consequences because eventually they will get caught. I used to steal my lunch from a supermarket every day when I was homeless and had no money. I thought this was ok and even now would think no less of some one in the same situation doing it. Saying stealing is wrong no matter the context is in my opinion wrong. If you take some thing knowing it will hurt the person then it shows a lack of empathy, it simply comes down to the person and there morality or lack of.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 03:12 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote