KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

What do you think?!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I agree, but have minor concerns. 2 22.22%
I completely disagree; I have major concerns! 4 44.44%
I neither agree nor disagree, but it is interesting. 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
Started by: ushomefree

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ushomefree

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

What do you think?

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:32 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i think that before i dedicate twenty minutes of my life to those videos you should summarize in your own words what the videos are about and why theyre important smile

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:46 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i think that before i dedicate twenty minutes of my life to those videos you should summarize in your own words what the videos are about and why theyre important smile

Ben Stein thinks that belief in evolution causes Nazism but ignores that Darwin's work was banned in Nazi Germany. There, just saved you 19 minutes.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Last edited by Symmetric Chaos on May 11th, 2010 at 05:52 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:48 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

thanks dear big grin

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:49 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ben Stein thinks that belief in evolution causes Nazism but ignores that Darwin's work was banned in Nazi Germany. There, just saved you 19 minutes.

He tries to do it oh so cleverly too. 'Darwinism teaches eugenics; do you know who else believed strongly in eugenics, Hitler did.' *insert picture of Dachau*

Lost all respect for that guy, couldn't finish watching the film, considering his shit-tactics. Also loved how he edited Dawkins segment to suit his case. What a clown.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 11th, 2010 at 05:19 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

so religion comes 1st before education ?

Old Post May 11th, 2010 05:24 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by chomperx9

There's a portion of the US population that want this, yes.

Old Post May 11th, 2010 10:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

As intelligent as Ben Stein is, he makes himself look like a complete 'tard. There are other things he has said that have made me seriously consider exactly what credentials he has.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 04:53 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
As intelligent as Ben Stein is, he makes himself look like a complete 'tard. There are other things he has said that have made me seriously consider exactly what credentials he has.

His credentials are:
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
juris doctor from Yale

That's about it.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 05:04 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The entirety of that movie has been debunked thoroughly by scholarly sources, including the alleged firings for no other reason than that the people believed in intelligent design. The (un)scientific aspects of it have long since been debunked, but at least the firings provided some fresh investigative material. As is usually the case with the anti-evolution crowd, there's an agenda at work underneath the facade. They're not interested in actual using science properly, just warping it to further their beliefs. The movie itself is a farce, and the deliberately misleading propoganda it spreads should be deplored.

Ushome once again slaps us with some videos, without context, preamble, explanation, summary, or opinion, and expects it to have some affect. You should know better than this by now, frankly.

On an unrelated note, I lul'd at the poll. "I have major concerns!" Indeed.

Last edited by Digi on May 12th, 2010 at 05:23 AM

Old Post May 12th, 2010 05:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Digi
Ushome once again slaps us with some videos, without context, preamble, explanation, summary, or opinion, and expects it to have some affect. You should know better than this by now, frankly.

On an unrelated note, I lul'd at the poll. "I have major concerns!" Indeed.

The poll is also deliberately constructed to be misleading so as to skew the results in his favor.

Old Post May 12th, 2010 05:29 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

What is Stein up to? Is he trying to shroud knowledge up so that we so called "commoners" can be less threatening?

Didn't he say at some point that the 3 trillion dollars the US government has is a made up number and is more like a few hundred million?

Old Post May 14th, 2010 12:39 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chomperx9
actually, neither should be taught in schools. It's not relevant to any relevant academia and its not a life-skill.

how the universe began has no impact on your education or vocation in any way.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 15th, 2010 05:51 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by One Free Man
actually, neither should be taught in schools. It's not relevant to any relevant academia and its not a life-skill.

Evolution theory (and intelligence design) have nothing to do with "how the universe began".

Old Post May 15th, 2010 06:06 PM
Bardock42

That would make sense, if school was designed to prepare you for menial works and perhaps some office duties. However that's not really what it is for.

Old Post May 15th, 2010 06:13 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Evolution is not relevant to academia or life? Wut?

Theodosius Dobzhansky would disagree. So would any of the victims of MRSA that were cured by modern medicine.

Old Post May 16th, 2010 06:08 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
That would make sense, if school was designed to prepare you for menial works and perhaps some office duties. However that's not really what it is for.
pardon my panties. USA has the worst schooling in the history of ever though. We're not exactly raising the next generation of brilliant minds.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post May 16th, 2010 08:43 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

Originally posted by Moriarty
pardon my panties. USA has the worst schooling in the history of ever though. We're not exactly raising the next generation of brilliant minds.

Why do you say that?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 11:35 AM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Moriarty
so lets fix that by not teaching modern science.

why do we even need schools if we're simply training the next generation of construction workers? just teach em spanish and send em on their way.

Last edited by red g jacks on Mar 18th, 2011 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 02:08 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

I dream of Jeannie...boy do I wish I had her power

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 01:56 AM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote