KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Why is it important?

Why is it important?
Started by: Daylan.O

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Daylan.O

Why is it important?

You know, people always ask the question, whats the meaning of life or, what is love, now, there are several theories and several possible scenarios, but have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, why are these questions so important? I have several answers one of which is that its in human nature to question... But what do you think, why do we spend all this time of our lives trying to figure out the things of which it's answers cannot be proven or completely correct?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 04:34 AM
Daylan.O is currently offline Click here to Send Daylan.O a Private Message Find more posts by Daylan.O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Gotta do something til lunch.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 08:02 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

go to the NHL.com forums and ask why hockey is important wink

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 04:29 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

It's in our nature to ask questions. But what I wonder about is why are some people not asking them. There must be some fear there.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 04:48 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deja~vu
...what I wonder about is why are some people not asking them. There must be some fear there.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 05:52 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

BC i want better for my kids?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 10:33 PM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

For half of the entire human race, we want to know these questions so that by the end of our lives we are content with everything we have done, and can leave the world with a clear conscience. Of course many people do not know these questions until right near the end of their lives so until then we find ourselves ways to answer these in the form of living what we think these questions are. And of course most of the time it differs from what it actually is, and half of the time it is difficult to do so due to the conditions.

So the question is, why is it important? I really don't know why. It would take someone who has already answered these questions to tell us, and of course there are not that many here who fit that description.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 05:26 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I think it's our nature to question. It's a small part of what makes us human.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 07:26 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alltoomany

Re: Why is it important?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Daylan.O
You know, people always ask the question, whats the meaning of life or, what is love, now, there are several theories and several possible scenarios, but have we ever stopped to ask ourselves, why are these questions so important? I have several answers one of which is that its in human nature to question... But what do you think, why do we spend all this time of our lives trying to figure out the things of which it's answers cannot be proven or completely correct?

So the BIG companies can sell you on your ideas?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 05:33 PM
alltoomany is currently offline Click here to Send alltoomany a Private Message Find more posts by alltoomany Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Because humans naturally desire to gain a better understanding of themselves and their world.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 08:10 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie1

'Importance' is just a strong want. If we die, it only matters to us, and no one else, nothing else.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:04 PM
movie1 is currently offline Click here to Send movie1 a Private Message Find more posts by movie1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

curiosity, mortality anxiety, need for meaning, boredom

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 01:46 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote