KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » does Destiny Exist

does Destiny Exist
Started by: TheBigManRevo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheBigManRevo
hate Tarnssexuals

does Disteny Exist

Hello!

Something which made me crazy from about three years or more is Destiny
does it exist if so, how and more important why?

because I doubt its existence because it says , Dude your life is pre-made and you are just an actor doing what's in the script

doesn't make everything meaningless and does it contradict the free will (I assume in this case above yes) and make us unresponsible for our actions actually it won't be ours anymore

!!

Help

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 09:28 AM
TheBigManRevo is currently offline Click here to Send TheBigManRevo a Private Message Find more posts by TheBigManRevo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No, disteny does not exist in the English language.

I hope that helped.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 10:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

You choose your disteny

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 03:36 PM
JediRobin23 is currently offline Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
No, disteny does not exist in the English language.

I hope that helped.

... what heights of wit we have in this poor, desolate part of the forum.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 07:21 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

All I'll say is that victimizing yourself by attributing the results of your efforts to destiny will have a negative impact on your psyche.

Other than that, you destiny isn't by itself well-defined enough to where we could determine the answer to your question.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 12:56 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean you have free will either.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2012 02:09 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

There is no fate......

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 07:15 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
There is no fate......
... but what you make? Maybe not, but I'm more concerned with my absentee spoon.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 07:44 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Can anyone prove otherwise?

No.

Well then.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 04:41 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie1

everything that happens , does so for a reason. I think it must exist; one thing leads to another. maybe everything was pre-determined right from the start of the universe.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:00 PM
movie1 is currently offline Click here to Send movie1 a Private Message Find more posts by movie1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Re: does Disteny Exist

Originally posted by TheBigManRevo
Hello!

Something which made me crazy from about three years or more is Destiny
does it exist if so, how and more important why?

because I doubt its existence because it says , Dude your life is pre-made and you are just an actor doing what's in the script

doesn't make everything meaningless and does it contradict the free will (I assume in this case above yes) and make us unresponsible for our actions actually it won't be ours anymore

!!

Help
total unidirectional causality of macroscopic (above quantum) phenomena may or may not exist. if it does, than all your actions were set when the universe was born. you still have free will in the political sense of not being coerced.

if macroscopic reality is less rigidly tied to causality by the existence of randomness or if the exact same cause can lead to multiple possible effects than the future is still being written. Still, your wants and actions might just be the product of randomness and not conscient volition, which has been put in check already regardless

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 01:56 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

There's really no destiny, we choose as we go along, and this is what leads us eventually to a destination. The only for sure destiny in life is death. You will never be guaranteed anything, nor should you live your life as if some awesome event will transpire, because this may never happen. In other words if you want it, go and get it. If you can't, then it wasn't meant for your ass, it was meant for mine (I mean for example of course).

Old Post Mar 26th, 2013 11:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i honsestly believe serendipity, however, i also believe that that at any moment we can all take control of our lives'. Self awareness was the greatest gift God has bestowed upon us. Do what you will, but there is always a plan. IN THE END ll leads to to one.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 08:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i honsestly believe serendipity, however, i also believe that that at any moment we can all take control of our lives'. Self awareness was the greatest gift God has bestowed upon us. Do what you will, but there is always a plan. IN THE END ll leads to to one.

Giving something self awareness without free will sounds like the cruelest thing I can imagine.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:09 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Time doesn't exist in a conventional sense that would allow a concept such as Destiny to be meaningful.

That and what Mindset said.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 04:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Giving something self awareness without free will sounds like the cruelest thing I can imagine.

Jem'hadar ftw.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 04:07 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Bentley
Time doesn't exist in a conventional sense that would allow a concept such as Destiny to be meaningful.
do ellaborate

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 05:55 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The regular notion of time assumes that we build future by stacking past events, but it could be as easily the future making stacks into the past or both relationships happening simultaneously or so to say. Time is a way in which we understand physical relationships, but if things that we assume future actually exist in a matter of speaking disregarding how we place them in time -and thus can interact with their own past in a limited fashion-, to discuss about we having a "Destiny", would be off to say the least.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 09:15 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

ok, but isn't all that completely speculative? how do you figure causation actually functions?

Old Post May 1st, 2013 01:04 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

My belief is that you desire a certain destiny, and you do your best to create it.

If you were flawless, you could create it exactly as you imagined it first try.

In this world, we must create a revised destiny after a lifetime of attempts.

The universe is chaos, there is no intrinsic rhyme or reason. It is up to the consciousness to analyze, interpret and create for itself a structure, order, to make sense of things.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post May 1st, 2013 01:23 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote